Running Bear's March 2019 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
FB_IMG_1549135741155.jpg

TOM- Thank you. Local tourist train having operations halted . Can't upgrade the rails to new 'spec's. Not enough money to comply Shame of it is, they laid new ties and ballast not that long ago. Helovawaste..

Phil

Thought it was over. College Hockey Frozen Four tournament starts tonight.

Nope! This thing lasts for 11 months of the year, it preempts the local and national news and is the most boring TV imaginable! God, grant me the serenity...And the wisdom to have purchased NetFlix!

it preempts the local and national news and is the most boring TV imaginable!

Mark: Pre-empting local and national news is a good thing.... Talk about boring and repetitive....only the Weather Channel is worse...:rolleyes: Seriously, most TV is boring. The streaming services allow you to pick what you like, and ignore the rest. That's why they are so popular.

And now, for the weather ;), it's 49° and sunny, going to 70° :)

Chet, Dave, Johnny, Curt and Willie et all. Thanks for sharing your modeling with those great photos.

Y'all have a great weekend. Chet, feel better soon!

Boris

Good Saturday Morning All. 61° and clear. That will be the high temperature for today as the winds shift out of the north at over 20 mph pretty soon. May get close to freezing tonight. Upper 50's for two days and then the 70° days of spring reappear. I did enjoy the last ten days of tee shirt/shorts weather. In the next hour or so, I'll be cutting up a beef chuck roast for a pot of slow-cooker chunky chili. Sadly the grill gets a rest after ten straight days of suppers cooked on it. I like grilling as much as I like switching trains and drinking beer.

Thanks for the comments and likes for the F45 pictures yesterday, Joe, Chet, Dave, Phil, Sherrel, Curt, Tom, and anyone else whom I may have missed.
Here are a couple of random shots of some dwellings. My little people need a place to call home. Looks like the public works department needs to fix the sidewalk in that first one.
03-23-19 008.JPG

03-08-19 010.JPG

Otherwise out in the train shed yesterday, I continued on with my scenery project. Enhanced the backdrop, somewhat, added two concrete parking areas/loading pads around a couple of the structures and continued to add some ground foam. Progress is slow right now, but will pick up later today and tomorrow while this cold snap predominates outside. Too soon for progress photos.

Curt - You take layout rehab to another level. Progress is looking good.
Tom - Have a great time on the layout tour. It's my favorite part of all train shows in this area.
Chet - Continued best wishes on your recovery and rehab.

It's now 48°, 13° drop in less than an hour. It's also cloudy now, which will prevent the sun from warming things back up too soon.
Everybody have a great day and a wonderful weekend. It's not fair that Joe is going to have warmer temperatures than I am going to have.

Good morning, sunny and chilly today with a stiff breeze out there.

Got my hair cut yesterday, looks pretty much like the picture. I get it cut the same every time. I am tempted to come home with one of those U.S. Marine like looking affairs, down to the skin then a patch left on top. Wonder what the wife would do.

I ordered another old timer NP box car, got the other one finished. Since I started on this display project have completed 3 railcar projects and currently working on the steam locomotive in between.

Layout photo of the day, looks like I overdid it with the rust on the tender. Looking at the outfeed end of the mill with the locomotive pushing in a string of logs

contest4.14 008.JPG

Have a nice day, Dave

Willie, really like the scenes. The lady watering the window box is especially nice.

Beady, I appreciate your humor!

Good morning. 19 degrees and sunny. More great photos already.

Sherrel - I think I also would have preferred the train. Can't think of the last time I was on a bus. No bus service up here any way. May have been a tour bus in Europe when I was in the service in the 60's.

Mike - Like the review This guy has done many reviews and does an excellent job at them.

Joe - I'm with you. Doesn't sound much like anything I'm familiar with. It's extremely difficult for the small speakers to reproduce the deep rumble that I am familiar with. The engine terminal is a bit crowded. Instead of picking up locomotives by hand that were parked in the hidden staging area, I brought each train up to one of the two yards so the tracks could be cleaned and the locomotives let run for a while. The other yard is in the same condition. Being grounded, there's no reason to get in a hurry.

On Monday I have my post op appointment with the doctor. Hoping he'll let me drive. I have pretty well been driving left handed for months with the rotator in such bad condition.

Dave - Great shot. Like the old timer truck and the saw mill.

Beady - Really like the trauma nurse sign.

Willie - You did it again posting some excellent photos.

Here's my 2 cents on a layout photo. Alco switcher #95 is in the process of dropping off an empty gondola in the salvage yard.

thumbnail_20190329_085812.jpg

Later

Howdy .

First of all , thanks to each of you for all of the kind remarks, condolences, prayers, and words of wisdom. ..... We have been very busy last couple of days taking care of things. Shelley's brother had lived by himself in Texas. He talked with Shelley in recent weeks regarding what to do when his COPD ends his life. He will be buried here in Kentucky next to one of Shelley's sisters who died a few years ago. .

By the way, that sister also died from COPD. They were the only two siblings who were heavy smokers. Shelley and her surviving 3 sisters are very healthy. ..... So. Do Not Smoke !

I hope to get back here very soon to catch up on your posts. I already see some great photos. Thanks again for your thoughtfulness.

Mark: Pre-empting local and national news is a good thing.... Talk about boring and repetitive....only the Weather Channel is worse...:rolleyes: Seriously, most TV is boring. The streaming services allow you to pick what you like, and ignore the rest. That's why they are so popular.

And now, for the weather ;), it's 49° and sunny, going to 70° :)

Chet, Dave, Johnny, Curt and Willie et all. Thanks for sharing your modeling with those great photos.

Y'all have a great weekend. Chet, feel better soon!

Boris

I'm sorry, and this is for me and my wife, we can think of nothing more boring than Basket Ball! We don't all think alike! I like the local and national news, it allows me to keep abreast of what the idiots running this country are up to

CHET- Hope your arm is feeling better. Maybe more beer will help. You may have to ease up on the beer- You got the number on the switcher wrong.

Prayers and Blessings to all,
Phil

Got some pics. Club pics.

Attachments

• IMG_2629.jpg
    IMG_2629.jpg
    328.2 KB · Views: 258
  • IMG_2630.jpg
    IMG_2630.jpg
    324.9 KB · Views: 277
  • IMG_2631.jpg
    IMG_2631.jpg