Running Bear's LXXIII Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning - started off at 42 degrees and my rock is white.

20180324_080939.jpg The rock is out there, somewhere.

It was up into the mid 50's yesterday and the driveway was finally clear of snow and ice. Looking at the radar, this crap is coming up from California. I think I'll have to blame Sherrel for this.

Called Phil and he came up with another box car from the east coast. A like new Bowser. I wasn't even aware that Bowser put out freight cars until I found the Pennsy box car, but then I really haven't been on the hunt for any more freight cars. Still need a few more to give the eastern railroads to add. I'm thinking New Haven, Erie, Reading and such.

Curt - I hope your guys enjoyed your cruise.

Terry
- I just can't believe all the crap that you are having to put up with to get this project done. Unbelievable. Joe did bring up some very important points.

Willie - Another good thing about having my son-in-law do the electrical work, besides getting it done faster, is that he has his work truck that is well stocked with electrical parts. I try to have everything on hand but there is usually some little item that you either forgot or didn't know that you needed. My escapades with the plumbing work was a perfect example. The closest store is about 12 miles away and I lost count on how many times I had to make the trip to get something for some unforeseen problem. I hope to get some ground cover done myself over the weekend in the blacksmith shop project.

Greg
- Hope you can post a few photos of your project.

Down to the train room to get some work done before heading to town for more bowling.

Later.

It was up into the mid 50's yesterday and the driveway was finally clear of snow and ice. Looking at the radar, this crap is coming up from California. I think I'll have to blame Sherrel for this.

Sorry, Chet!
I tried my best to contain it around here, but it would not stick around!

Doing a little "surfing" this morning and stumbled on this.
Don't believe I have ever seen this road mentioned on here. It was in my back yard (sort of) growing up in Arkansas.
Looks to be pretty close to new FT's in Little Rock.

missouri pacific ft's.jpg

Good afternoon all,

We were supposed to get 8-10 inches of wet snow from early this morning into early evening with some areas seeing 12-14 inches. Winter storm warnings were up since yesterday morning.........We haven't seen so much as a flake! don't know if it is fizzling as it tracks east, but things were cancelling last night. I figured this was going to be my punishment for putting the snow blower away last weekend. time to go down stairs, and tear up more bench work.

Later all,

Afternoon All,

Had a great time with the family on the cruise. After 2 days home I have a sore throat...oh well. I laid down for a nap but only slept about 45 minutes. I did order some NBW's from Tichy for sand container (sand house). I talked to Phil for a couple minutes today.

Terry- Sorry to hear about all of all your family health and home issues.

Willie- It's always good to make progress on projects.

Chet- Good luck and hope you have many turkeys!

Garry- Congrats to your granddaughter.

I hope everyone has a good night

Good afternoon. It's snowing. sleeting, and 31.
We've been gone most of the day because my wife's laptop fritzed out this morning. We took it to our "pet" computer shop, since they have the testing apparatus to correctly diagnose the issue.
The issues were numerous, the ribbon cable for the bluetooth and wifi antennas had broken after years of opening and closing the lid, and when they broke, they managed to damage their respective controlling modules. Cost to repair was $300 in parts, and about 3 hours labor.
We currently are using our laptops exclusively, since the office where the desktop is located resembles a walk-in refrigerator, and my wife uses hers for her part-time job.
Her laptop is kind of rare, as it is a 17" Macbook Pro, which Apple never made many of, and haven't made any in several years. With this in mind, I was able to haggle a deal on a nearly-new Macbook Pro 13" model for trading in the old one, and paying the same price as the parts would have cost to repair the old one.
I'll tell all y'all what. If one more thing breaks or goes horribly wrong...

Run down of my operations as of right now. More than likely subject to change. My photos are in order as my session goes. Roughly an hour to perform all of the switching per session.

Photo #1- order for hoppers have been placed and are blocked ready to go on lead #1 by the yard crew.

Photo #2- mine shifter crew hooks the six empties on lead #1 and hooks the caboose.

Photo #3- mine shifter crew arrives at the loadout. Cuts the caboose and pulls forward the clear the switch. Cuts from the empties and cuts back along the siding.

Photo #4- mine shifter crew pulls loads from the loadout and shoves them down the siding.

Photo #5- empties are shoved under the loadout. At this time the shifter crew spots the caboose to be hooked to the end of the train.

Photo #6- shifter crew hooks to the loads and then hooks the caboose. Once hooked the shifter crew heads back to the yard.

Photo #7- shifter crew arrives at the yard and cuts the caboose and spots the loads on lead #1 for the mainline train to hook to and off they go to their destination. Shifter crew then ties the locomotive down for the night.
6b4401da38d79fb7958b100a0e2cd5a6.jpg
a67f0091bc79480be94361de5f73fc6e.jpg
0cb862ab29741f7680db78adf41e284d.jpg
dab7e984fc9ec6c16ef5c4d60607c855.jpg
38adfd9e25b6c6caadb5621a3865be91.jpg
cdc92d061e9a7c0f2fb368b1f993e483.jpg
727d69e3f0e5c74222d764e26ac865cb.jpg

Justin

Justin -- That board is just WAY TO CLEAN!
Nice to see the layout in operation.
It's only that clean because I'm going to be getting ready to fit my structures and start making a template for my roads. It is nice to have operations on the layout though. I'm getting the performance I wanted on my previous layout that I didn't have. Patience paid off big time for me.

Justin

Ken (D&J) - You posted a few days ago
I gotta get my 2015 1040x submitted before the time runs out on it
My wife who prepares taxes professionally, says that you can still go back to 2014 if you file it by April 16. That is if you qualify (collected SS) for that year.

Willie

Tournament is over. Curt, Did get quite a few turkeys. They put down a good oil pattern and I rolled a 227, 216 and a 246. Should be in the money big time. Got home and most of the snow had melted off.

Justin - Must be nice to get the trains running the way you want. Looking good.

Terry - If it isn't one thing, it's another. If it wasn't for bad luck, I don't think you would have any luck at all. Murphy has got to be lurking somewhere close by.

Managed to get the grade crossing cut out of styrene for the blacksmith shop and painted. It was dry by the time we got home so it has been glued down. Tomorrow come putting the gravel road in and hopefully some foliage and trees.

French dip for dinner, later.

Speaking of grade crossings...
Back when Scale Trains announced their SD40-2 models, I preordered a couple of them. One an Operator, the other a Rivet Counter model.
I decided to take the Rivet Counter model out this evening, and run it a couple of laps around my layout. No, it didn't fall off the track, though it did run through a couple of open switches, and remodeled a coal hopper and end-of-track device. It also damaged the end handrail of the engine. I sent an email to Scale Trains, to see how much $$$ I just cost myself with this stunt. In this case, I have nobody to blame but myself.

Howdy. ... we are currently in Cincinnati . There has been some snow but not too much. .

Sherrel .. I like the photo of the FT’s .. first generation power is my favorite.

Justin ... glad to see your layout is operating .

Terry. ... by now you must have used up bad luck.

Everybody ... thanks for comments about our grand daughter. Also thanks for remarks about the Empire Builder .

Ken (D&J) - You posted a few days ago .
My wife who prepares taxes professionally, says that you can still go back to 2014 if you file it by April 16. That is if you qualify (collected SS) for that year.

Willie

Yeah, I found that return too. Not as big of a difference in the amount I would get, but still, its money that should be in my pocket. That was my first year that I could draw the SS based on my late wife's account without an offset due to my working salary.

Speaking of grade crossings...
Back when Scale Trains announced their SD40-2 models, I preordered a couple of them. One an Operator, the other a Rivet Counter model.
I decided to take the Rivet Counter model out this evening, and run it a couple of laps around my layout. No, it didn't fall off the track, though it did run through a couple of open switches, and remodeled a coal hopper and end-of-track device. It also damaged the end handrail of the engine. I sent an email to Scale Trains, to see how much $$$ I just cost myself with this stunt. In this case, I have nobody to blame but myself.

Terry..do you know this guy....
..DBBBA6B9-BA2D-4904-ABEC-E44F97353E03.jpeg

Good morning. We have a couple inches of "winter mix with no accumulation", and it's 32.
Inside, it's 57.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back