Running Bear's June 2020 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Afternoon All,

Feeling much better today. Started with chores then went to Lowes for wood (next time plywood :)). Started on the last module framework. I have about 60% done on it and will finish it tomorrow. I'm beat after the constant up and down the stairs and the feel like temp of 104 F outside. The wife and daughter are driving out to the Patrick AFB commissary tomorrow (glad I dodged the bullet:)).

Phil- You know me well. You should of seen me when I got dragged kicking and screaming into using a smart phone years ago. Kathy had to give me directions on how to do things for several hours. I still am lost trouble shooting the damn thing. I end up giving it to Kathy or Brian to fix.

Ken- Nice layout shot. Is that the same shot as before but with engine weathering?

Toot- Great series of shots telling a story.

Tom- Are those normal sunsets for you or because of the Sahara dust?

Willie- Thank you for your concern. Nice looking building.

Louis- Nice loco shot. It looks like a FM H10-44 but from the angle I can't be sure.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Good afternoon. Not much happening here. Had cool weather and rain for the past couple of days. Went to town to have lunch with my friend as we do every Tuesday. While I was in town I went over to the micro brewery and picked up some of my favorite beer we have on Tuesday and then stopped by Hobby Lobby which after many months finally opened. Of course, there wasn't much for model railroads, but it's nice to have some competition for Michael's which had been getting expensive.

Ray - Liked the photos. A friend had told me about seeing something going on with a locomotive. Saw an interesting video about a train from Sydney to Perth, AU. I think it was called the Asia Pacific. That would be one trip that I would love to take. Right up there with the Trans Siberian Railroad.

Sherrel
- Heard that your wonderful gov wants everyone to wear a face mask. Do you have yours or are you in the mood to tell him to stuff it.

Louis - Excellent photos as usual.

Willie - That blade was a bit worn. They look just like the ones I use for my Husqvarna deck. I usually just replace them every other year for $15 a set.

Greg - Like that photo of the grade cr0ssing.

IBKen - Sure like those B&O locomotives. The weathering is excellent.

It ends up that the wife won't be able to get any time off for quite a few months because of a new computed program that they have started using. Not a happy camper. She brought it up to me to take some time and head down to Ely, NV and see the Nevada Northern RR and the Museum. Sounds like an offer I can't refuse.

Later

1593559997932.png

Saw an interesting video about a train from Sydney to Perth, AU. I think it was called the Asia Pacific. That would be one trip that I would love to take. Right up there with the Trans Siberian Railroad.
That's the Indian Pacific 'cause it runs between the Pacific Ocean on the East Coast, to the Indian Ocean on the West Coast. Includes the longest straight stretch of railway in the world across the Nullarbor Plain (297miles). The trackage itself is known as the Trans Australia Railway.

Ray, I tried to watch the video you linked, but got a message that it has been "...blocked in [the U.S.] on copyright grounds."
That's odd, considering it's of a Norfolk Southern Heritage loco being painted in a paint booth in the USA. Done in time lapse photography. The video's title is, How do you paint a locomotive. Should be able to find it directly on YouTube using that title in the search bar. Maybe the problem is caused by me referring it through the .au site?

Afternoon All,

Feeling much better today. Started with chores then went to Lowes for wood (next time plywood :)). Started on the last module framework. I have about 60% done on it and will finish it tomorrow. I'm beat after the constant up and down the stairs and the feel like temp of 104 F outside. The wife and daughter are driving out to the Patrick AFB commissary tomorrow (glad I dodged the bullet:)).

Phil- You know me well. You should of seen me when I got dragged kicking and screaming into using a smart phone years ago. Kathy had to give me directions on how to do things for several hours. I still am lost trouble shooting the damn thing. I end up giving it to Kathy or Brian to fix.

Ken- Nice layout shot. Is that the same shot as before but with engine weathering?

Toot- Great series of shots telling a story.

Tom- Are those normal sunsets for you or because of the Sahara dust?

Willie- Thank you for your concern. Nice looking building.

Louis- Nice loco shot. It looks like a FM H10-44 but from the angle I can't be sure.

I hope everyone has a good night.
The engine is an Alco HH600 or HH660. Prime mover is a 531.

Good morning....Coffee Flo,please. Another hot one today 87 for a high.
Got the Athearn Genesis yesterday. There upping their game weighed 1.6 lbs no sound Scale Trains with sound 1.8. I shied away from them because of too light and non led bulbs. Details are very nice and I'll add the TCS sound system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back