Running Bear's July 2020 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
I accidentally made an $11k charge on one of my Visa cards today. I did not even have anywhere near that amount available credit but the bank let it go through.

I was trying to make a small payment to the architect we hired for our (hopefully soon) to be built home. I am making regular "small" payments until the construction loan actually goes through and we can finish off his invoice. He uses Quickbooks and Quickbooks lets you pay by debit card, credit card, or ACH bank transfer. I selected credit card and forgot to update the amount (it defaults to the total invoice). I entered my details in and started to click the submit. I realized I had not updated the amount right as I was clicking. Unfortunately my finger momentum was not to be overcome as I tried to stop it and the submit button was pushed.

I emailed and texted the architect and asked him to see if he could cancel or reverse it. He did not get back to me for a few hours, which increased the tension inside me, but eventually he got back to me and it appears he was able to reverse it. We'll see what happens in the next few days to the pending charge on my card...

In other news it was supposed to get over 100F today. I don't know if it did as I was inside and did not look at any temp readings but right now at 7pm it is still 95F. I was just outside and it felt hot but did not feel bad at all, since it is quite dry and there is a slight breeze, and the sun is low enough that it was not directly beating down on me. For me, dry heat does not feel hot like humid heat does. The same temperature when I was in Japan last summer (yes we had just gotten to Japan a few days ago, a year ago as of today, arriving there July 26 in 2019), but with 90%+ humidity, was absolutely terrible. Even when we have that one week of 100F+ (usually we have a week or two more like that every summer) it is not as bad as the humid hot.

I may try and run a few trains this weekend on my test track. I still have my JR 103 series Osaka Loop Line trains on the track and I need to put that all away. I want to try some German locomotives I have out before I start packing stuff up.

I need to start putting all the half assembled locomotives, power cars, regular cars, etc. that I have lying around in the middle of some sort of installation or another, all back together and start thinking about boxing it all up for the eventual move to the new house once it is done (hopefully by the end of the year).
A slip betweenth finger and button instead of cup and lip this time, eh?

I was out in the back yard a few minutes ago, 3pm thereabouts, when there was an unusual train horn give a long blast down at the local station. I can't see that or the tracks, being a couple of streets back and half a mile or so further along north. Figured as they often have Plasser track maintenance gear stored there, it was one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back