Running Bear's July 2020 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Howdy ....

I postponed various medical and dental appointments because of social distancing during the pandemic. I can’t put them off anymore. Starting with an appointment tomorrow, I will have a lot of appointments through August to take care of various issues . I wish I was still young . Oh well.

Have a good evening, everybody. ...

I finally became a gun owner mostly due to an issue that happened at home. One of which I found out my home defense is two fists. So I had fix that as the questionable characters coming up into my neck of the woods is growing.

Congratulations!

May I recommend you go take a firearms course (perhaps if your state has a concealed permit course or something) that goes in to your state's use of force laws and other general safety issues? Even if you grew up shooting and have excellent firearms handling skills, you'll want to be aware of the legal issues in your area with using a firearm. Especially now with all the dumb@ssery going on around the country.

Sherrill- I found your comet & satellite for ya!
8C0894F0-74E7-45E8-8883-15D997B78DFD.jpeg

Howdy ....

I postponed various medical and dental appointments because of social distancing during the pandemic. I can’t put them off anymore. Starting with an appointment tomorrow, I will have a lot of appointments through August to take care of various issues . I wish I was still young . Oh well.

Have a good evening, everybody. ...

You are not alone; I wish you well.

We will see many costly promotions eliminated and prices increased under the cover of the virus. Opportunity knocks.
That is how capitalism works. For some it is more than supply and demand. A few add, whatever you can get away with!

Forgive me for not noticing your son being awarded the bronze star. Please tell him thank you for me.

Speaking of whatever you can get away with; Amazon will soon require all third-party sellers to list their business name and address.

Apparently, gangs are doing “smash and grabs” then selling the stolen goods on Amazon. When they sell out, they simply dissolve their bogus Amazon seller accounts and get away with no repercussions.

...a Slurpie is 7-11's own brand of Icee, which is still its own company and brand. I saw an icee machine at Sams Club last time I was there.
I love Slurpee, Icee, slushie or whatever different sellers call it. I had to give them up when I was diagnosed as diabetic. I did find a few diet coke slurpees, but I have not seen one of them in a few years.

Congratulations!

May I recommend you go take a firearms course (perhaps if your state has a concealed permit course or something) that goes in to your state's use of force laws and other general safety issues? Even if you grew up shooting and have excellent firearms handling skills, you'll want to be aware of the legal issues in your area with using a firearm. Especially now with all the dumb@ssery going on around the country.
Already in the works. May be a veteran but I know I'm rusty and could use the training. Eventhough I can open carry legally in West Virginia as is now. Which I won't as it's not my intended purpose for owning a firearm. Atleast not right now. Who knows what the future may hold. Theres a lot of craziness out there.

Good evening, thanks for the crane info, what I knew about cranes is at one time they were endangered and they mated for life. When an endangered one flew into my windshield, the Wi. DNR made me run through hoops trying to prove I didn’t hit the Crane on purpose. If you hit a deer in Wi. the police ask if the damage is severe and note the file for your insurance. I have been hit by a Crane, bear, too many deer to count and a bowling ball called turkeys. Turkeys are the worst.

My wife appreciated the comments about HER garden, me, I just build what she wants!

TomO

GARRY- At least you're young at heart.

JAMES- Here in FL , our cranes are under Fed. protection. $5,000 fine for killing one No joke- had to be very careful in certain areas of my route.
Phil

Yup I knew that I lived in Florida from 1985 thru 1991 then 2000 thru 2010. I have had all I want to do with Florida! lol I think I still got sand in some cracks.......I did however hunt gators, hogs, deer and fished/spear fished like nobody's biz....oh ya Turkey too.

Looks as if I am going to have to kick the door in this morning? I thought this place never closed?
Been sitting here for a good 45 min and no one has showed so far.

Was 94 yesterday and expected to be only 87 today ... knocking that 10 degrees off the total sure makes a hugh difference.

I'm gonna go next door and grab a cup .....

Looks as if I am going to have to kick the door in this morning? I thought this place never closed?
Been sitting here for a good 45 min and no one has showed so far.

Was 94 yesterday and expected to be only 87 today ... knocking that 10 degrees off the total sure makes a hugh difference.

I'm gonna go next door and grab a cup .....
You're up mighty early this morning Sherrel!

Morning all,

Sunny yesterday and a high of 93* with a feels like temp of 101*. Supposed to be 98* today and once the morning showers clear, we have a heat advisory of feels like temps of 105-110* this afternoon.

My computer tech here at the office is in quarantine until Thursday. Apparently we had a vendor he was working with test positive. He was supposed to be off most of last week (after the holiday) to attend his grandfather's funeral. I was only made aware of the quarantine on Friday, but since I had no contact with him, so far so good. I did talk with him late yesterday and so far no symptoms. He's a bit worried as his wife is due with their 2nd kid anytime.

Willie: Once again thanks for your recipe. I got home and there were 4 tomatoes left in the house. The local daughter came by and mom gave here a bunch......I have to wait a couple of days before anymore are ready to pick. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back