Running Bear's January 2022 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Afternoon All,

We recieved a phone call from daughter last night saying youngest grandson tested positive. Of course we all got together for supper the night before and I sat next to him. The wife decided we needed tested (probably not a bad idea) and she has been having Covid like symptoms for several days. When we arrived the sign said it would take 90 minutes. In reality it took a couple of minutes less than 3 hours (they must measure time in line like Disney). Anyway we both tested negative (3 hours I could of been in the train room :(). Then after driving to town for parrot food (better quality than pet stores) and shopping at Wally World we finally got home about 40 minutes ago, so no train room today.:(

Smudge- Cool looking loco.

Louis- Was she the one in that position during the riots? If so good riddance.

Steve- That's pretty cool stuff.

Jaz- Nice scene.

Troy- Congrats on finishing the book. My GI system can't handle that kind of eating anymore.

Gary- We had a Maytag dishwasher that was a piece of c**p. It was always breaking down.

Willie- Nice scenes.

Karl- I hope Bud will be OK.🐕‍🦺

I hope everyone has a good night.

Thought about storm chips for tonights Nor’easter, but settled on old lobster instead!

BBC6E9A9-0B26-4B5B-86F0-5EE7EFF9F360.jpeg

what the heck, maybe storm chips later….lol

UPDATE WE NOW HAVE A 49% CHANCE TO GET 8 TO 12 INCHES OF SNOW SUNDAY EVENING OR 12-18 INCHES AT A 14% CHANCE!
MONDAY MORNING 6-10 INCHES.....

😏🤔

MAY JUST STAY HOME MONDAY MORNING AS I DO NOT WANT TO BE A STATISTIC.....OF THE ROAD HAZARDS/ACCIDENTS DUE TO OTHER DRIVERS NOT DRIVING AT A SAFE SPEED........

With all the snow warnings, Indiana is in the donut hole for the storms

Current forecast for our part of the midwest, naught point naught inches. that converts to naught centimeters. I double-checked.

And I made some bachelor food for dinner. If Sherrel wants to fly in, I've got another I can toss in the oven for him.
Screenshot 2022-01-14 at 6.24.33 PM.png

Seems the most I read on this thread is weather reports but no idea were these conditions are. (smirk) Maybe this should be titled Running Bear weather channel.

Just made a trip up to Mainline Hobbies in PA. Had a few items I needed for some ongoing projects and someone else was driving.

I want to change out a sound decoder that I have in my Trix Big Boy. I bought the loco back in 2000 and installed two decoders in it; a Digitrax silent decoder and an NCE D102US sound decoder. It sounds more like a Berkshire steamer with only a single set of cylinders. I picked up a ESU decoder and downloaded a Big Boy sound project from the ESU site. I don't have the decoder in the loco yet but I want to hear what it sounds like so I'm loading the sound project into my Veranda turbine because that has the same decoder.

Thanks Willie

Glad your medical was great news

Another low blood glucose event almost this morning. Caught the downward spiral at 73 on the monitor. 4oz of OJ and only back to 90. I am carefully watching carbs but totally forgot what exercise, especially vacuuming does to me. The dietitian was wonderful yesterday. Spoke to her after the “almost” event today and she suggested that maybe my meds are too much. She also told me I have a good knowledge of how to eat, go back to doing it worry free! My diabetic snack she said is not needed except in an event. She prefers I under estimate the carbs like for one of Terry’s healthy apple muffins. While they may actually be 30 carbs count them as 25 until we know on the next baking she does.
TomO
Tom O- my wife had the opposite(ketoacidosis) happen in the middle of the night, about 6 years ago. She was returning from the bathroom around midnight/1 am or so. When she collapsed next to the bed, she hit me with her elbow(I was asleep) & her other arm hit the window blinds. The combination of her hitting me & the sound of her hitting the blinds woke me up(I’m usually a “DTTW” sleeper, once I fall asleep(which is usually within 10-15 minutes of my putting on my CPAP mask)). If she hadn’t woken me when she did, she probably would have been gone when I woke up in the morning. This happened just about a year after my cerebellar stroke.
Joe & Willie- both of the apartment fires in Philly & the Bronx were very sad, given the massive loss of life. The cause of the fire in Philly reminds me of the haunted house fire at Great Adventure, back in 1984. I was in the haunted house, just 24 hours prior to the fire, on our 8th Grade class trip.
Smudge- nice haul in that cardboard box.
Louis- sharp looking Lionel purchase.
You gentlemen you had requested French toast the other morning, subliminally had me making it yesterday morning.
Looks like we got rid of our Baltimore City states attorney, she has been indicted on federal charges.
Is this the same one who was in such a rush to judgement on the officers involved in the Freddie Gray case, that all 6 were either acquitted or had the case dismissed?
Gary(BigG)- never too early to start drinking, IMO. For me, the cocktail of choice would be a Brandy Old Fashioned Sour… the “unofficial” cocktail of the Badger State.
With all the snow warnings, Indiana is in the donut hole for the storms

Current forecast for our part of the midwest, naught point naught inches. that converts to naught centimeters. I double-checked.

And I made some bachelor food for dinner. If Sherrel wants to fly in, I've got another I can toss in the oven for him.
View attachment 138787

Oh I agree, pissed in the UK has a completely different connotation to the US, as you know, and what is acceptable here ain't acceptable there, along with certain words and phrases, that outside the UK are meaningless, so I don't envy you trekking through the minefield of the english language, in what has become, essentially, the same language, but also a foreign one.
Smudge- here in the States, we also have many different dialects, using different words for the same thing(such as shopping cart vs buggy, youse, y’all, you guys or even yinz(Western PA), traffic light, stoplight or “stop n go light”(here in WI, we acknowledge that you eventually know) & soda/pop/Coke, etc.).
Tom O- the mercury(the temperature, not the car) is supposed to plummet again tonight. It’s predicted to drop to about 2-5 degrees below(where I work tends to be colder than in town, since it’s right next to the airport and out in the open with no windbreak.
🎼 a white sport coat, and a pink crustacean 🎵🎶
ad-libbing on a Marty Robbins Classic, I see.
Troy- is that anything like 40° below is the same in Celsius & Fahrenheit?

UPDATE WE NOW HAVE A 49% CHANCE TO GET 8 TO 12 INCHES OF SNOW SUNDAY EVENING OR 12-18 INCHES AT A 14% CHANCE!
MONDAY MORNING 6-10 INCHES.....

😏🤔

MAY JUST STAY HOME MONDAY MORNING AS I DO NOT WANT TO BE A STATISTIC.....OF THE ROAD HAZARDS/ACCIDENTS DUE TO OTHER DRIVERS NOT DRIVING AT A SAFE SPEED........
I just looked at the weather report on the computer and it says nothing about any snow for lower NY. Is it wrong? James where are you getting this weather report? I don't watch any TV weather channels. Is it there?
George
weather_report.JPG

George: James' forecast sounds like something I would expect in Jefferson County, around Watertown, but not the Metropolitan Area. Here in Central Jersey we are flat out getting rained upon, with the usual potential for coastal flooding at high tide.

Finished the lubrication and gear inspection on the S-2. Runs real nice now. When I get the new decoder installed tomorrow, it will even have a rear cab led headlight. All that remains is painting the cab, applying numeric decals, weathering the hood, replacing the couplers with kadee #58s and putting it all back together.

S2  Reclamation Project 3.jpg

Not the best capture, but it was moving at slow speed, and very quietly.

It’s a cool evening in So. Central Wisconsin. I think we got maybe a 1/4” of snow since noon. Untreated roads are a real hazard. Went for a normal Wisconsin Friday night fish fry for me cod and Terry a walleye. The idiots on the road should have been able to see the roads were a mess. 4 miles to the restaurant took 20 minutes because of fender benders at the stop and go lights (Those are traffic lights to you folks). Just stupid.
7D6F332F-26F7-497A-9BE1-3B737C4824F6.png

the weather guy on TV says he gives up. 3 days ago the temperature was 10 degrees higher then he predicted. Yesterday he was low by 8 degrees. Tonight after saying last night we would get 3-6” and not even a 1/2” yet on the ground. He’ll take the weekend off.

Spent from 6:30 to 9:45 tonight in the train room. Accomplished nothing. But it felt good accomplishing nothing. Now, decided to watch you tube layout video.

TomO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back