Running Bear's January 2022 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Afternoon all,

Must be a full moon out...The crazy tickets are coming out...Couple of tickets that want their assigned vehicles maintained. Not a help desk issue, you need to call the fleet guys at Public Works. Let me get you their number... 🤣

First day back after a Monday holiday is still a Monday.

Afternoon all,

Must be a full moon out...The crazy tickets are coming out...Couple of tickets that want their assigned vehicles maintained. Not a help desk issue, you need to call the fleet guys at Public Works. Let me get you their number... 🤣

First day back after a Monday holiday is still a Monday.
Full moon and Mercury is in retrograde.

My wife used to work in hospitals... there is definitely something about the full moon for the crazy stuff. She was out of hospital before I learned of Mercury's path through the sky. So... you never know.

LOUIS - Seems that Congress has only joined the rest of America, and the World, as the "ME, ME" attitude!
"WE" seems to be missing

Don't bother - Pretty sorry game IMHO. I turned it off during the third quarter and went to bed. Actually slept NINE hours with only having to make one trip to the Loo - that's a first!

More Coffee, FLO, breakfast later!
As you said there are things we agree on, more we.

I did watch some of the Cardinals game. The Cardinals defensive line was caught immediately rushing the passer, resulting in some big runs. Fundamentals, play the run first, at least on first down. Think gentleman, down and distance!
The Cardinals quarterback is immensely talented, but he made some rookie choices. Look for this youngster, he will make some noise in the future.
Then I fell asleep.

I'm glad you got a good night's rest, everything is better after a good night's rest.

No way could I watch a game let alone any TV at 3:15 am or an hour from now. I had been in bed for about 20 minutes and no sleep. My mind starts wandering and then anxiety sets in. Now after walking around a bit and looking out 2 windows I am back on the love seat. Starting the sleep process all over again.
TomO
Fortunately I have never had any sleep issues. I have denied myself sleep working too much and my health suffered.

I hope you get some good sleep.

Today is one of those days.

Sis-in-law's roomie was to take another paper shredder down to MIL's to help with the 30 year purge of records. She was going to swing by our condo and pick up the 2liters and other stuff for a care package for my wife.

Supposed to "be here at 8:30?" -- Right!

So,I set an alarm to make sure I was in the shower about 7-ish. (Well, 7:15... you know how mornings go)

She called at 7:15... texted at 7:20

My phone and apple watch were 2 floors down on my desk charging. I didn't answer for reason of showering, etc

By the time I make it down, grab them, I forgot to check for messages.

I see at 8:30, when I do check, that she wants to know what wife's favorite soda flavors are???

OK? why? But I text them. And ask if she's coming here?

I'm here - she texts back.

I walk the care package outside, waiting... She normally parks in front of our garage. Nope...

Turns out she's already made the 45 min trek to MIL's... she wanted to be THERE at 8:30... not HERE at my place at 8:30

Oy... She's not a "reader" and struggles with books. So she uses voice to text to send messages.

So, the care package is still on our table. I'll run it down this weekend.

AND, I've managed to misplace two things I need this afternoon. One is my airbrush holder. Got one of those two slot W shape holders... I can find the big W and the bolt to clamp it to the table. But, I can't find the piece that goes between them.

And, I 3D printed a bunch of adapter pegs to go between my WWII model planes and the mounting stands... I put them someplace reaaaaaaaly good. probably right next to the part for the airbrush holder.

Tonight is definitely an adult beverage night.

Good Morning All. Running late today. Got up and then went back an hour later and slept soundly for another hour. Mostly clear and 46°, although the south wind gives a wind chill of 41°. However that same south wind will warm us up to 75° later today before another cold front midday tomorrow. Ironically I have parts of the yard to mow here in mid-January today.

Really busy day yesterday, starting with household chores and then the trip to town. Wife's laser eye surgery went well. It was basically to remove scar tissue left over from the original cataract surgery done back in September. While she was in there, I went to the other side of town for a haircut and beard trim. I usually do my own beard, but I just felt lazy yesterday. Then we treated ourselves to Pizza before heading home to take a nap around 2:30ish. After that, I brought in firewood for the night, but ended up not having to start a fire anyway. Meanwhile I was starting a rack of baby-back ribs for supper and I received a phone call from brother #1 regarding the services for my late brother #3. Since he willed his body to science, the Catholic Church doesn't have an official Rosary and private wake. The rules for the Rosary are that there must be a body! So, we're going to skip the Rosary and go straight to the private adult only family celebration of life (the wake & a sit-down prime rib dinner) at a high rolling country club across the road from where Jim (and also my other two brothers) live. Expecting at least 28 cousins from out of town as well as 40 Dallas area siblings who honor me as the family's patriarch. That's already confirmed; there could be more out of town cousins. The Memorial Service will be the following day with a reception afterward at the same place with god knows how many family and church friends also in attendance. Of course the estate is picking up the tab which is currently estimated at ~$26K. Irish people like to party!

On tap today is to locate and try on my suit. I think that I know where it is! Last time that I wore it, I was 40 lbs heavier!

Thanks for the comments and likes yesterday regarding my minuscule layout progress; Smudge, Joe, Karl, Gary, Tom O, Patrick, Louis, OB Ken, Hughie, Sherrel, Mikey, George, Steve J, Justin, Curt, Rick, Tom.

With all of the other activity yesterday, I didn't have much time in the train shed. I was able to at least spray the Antiques Barn with dull coat.
Back to the archives today. So how about some folks having issues on my layout. All is not nirvana on my layout.
View attachment 138999
View attachment 139000
View attachment 139002
View attachment 139004
View attachment 139006

Sherrel - Congratulations on finally being caught up on taxes. Now you can start on 2021! We got caught on the wife unemployment and no withholding back in '84. That was back when you could actually talk to someone at the IRS and I avoided the penalty by pointing out that I had already had enough withheld in the then current year. Still had to pay the back tax though to avoid a penalty in '85.
Joe - Fortunately the RR ROW's around here are rather free from any metal junk, as scavengers get most of it before it can get there. It mostly ends up on rural roads for a few days though. Along the RR's, it's mostly old tires which I have a few on my layout. Have you seen the recent pictures from LA showing the litter from thieves breaking into UPS and Amazon containers and removing the contents of packages?
View attachment 138992
Apparently they are just taking items of value and discarding the rest. LA cops are doing nothing, saying it's UP's problem. Maybe they should quit parking trains there!
Tom O - While I didn't see any of the Dallas/SF game, the local media is roasting the Cowboys pretty badly. It wasn't just poor officiating, but just a lousy game plan and terrible execution that cost them. That jives with my in-house analyst as well. It's been the opinion that Jerry Jones should have just given up the GM job back in the 90's when he pissed off Jimmy Johnson.
Patrick - It's a shame that you couldn't use the whole bridge, but the scaled down version is looking good.

Everybody have a great day. Stay warm and safe.
And what's that guy getting a ticket for?

Afternoon All,

Spent the morning driving Dad around for his errands. After lunch I added the freight house to the front office and the roof framing. It was very "fiddly". It took about 45 minutes to get everything correct (as far as I can tell) and now it needs to sit overnight and the glue dry. The freight doors will be added next. I would think it would be easier to do that flat, but the directions say to wait until todays work is complete.

Thank you for all the likes yesterday with my photos.

James- That is a neat idea.

Hughie- That's a shame but chances are your grandson won't remember the kit name.

Mikey- The things we do for our hobbies.

Jaz- Very nice figure painting. Do the double decker busses come in different colors other than red, or is the color whimsy on your part?

George- It's a vicious circle with money at the root of it.

Steve- Well done. Some days things fall our way!

Dave- Great looking scene.

Willie- Great scenes.

Dennis- Good luck with the kink. I had something similar on my last layout I ended pulling it all up, getting new flex track and centered a 3' piece at the apex of the curve and worked backwards on both sides from that piece. It would also help having a track laying tool the correct radius to slide between the rails to keep the radius constant throughout.

Sherrel- If you're buying ammo remember to get a second mortgage first. The cost of ammo is beyond ridiculous.

The length is 20" at this point. I believe the finished build is 26". There is a small platform and add on building that comes out of the left side.

View attachment 139011

View attachment 139012

I hope everyone has a good night.
The last bus I popped up was a triple decker, it is the Knight bus from the Harry Potter films. There is even a Chandelier inside
593770B5-6FA5-49D7-BCB8-9461B23A1C00.jpeg
B463FE5F-7B50-4649-858F-868DB00B6031.jpeg
C18EFC80-8122-47A7-8DA1-821047BD644E.jpeg
CF1AF4F0-2CC6-4DA6-8787-F81DAEE17464.jpeg

I have a lot of buses,eras,different cities,all mean different liveries then there’s the private ones,and coaches,I do not photograph them much as I do not weather them
39B7F904-64B2-40FC-994A-C273DFA32DAD.jpeg
E439E564-600B-4182-90D5-CE084B5E1C71.jpeg
D0D5EEFE-E5E3-4BD7-8432-5AE345BEDB8F.jpeg
E4420FD8-6774-4413-AE25-02A8C4051E23.jpeg
1E291F43-0258-4847-8271-E2B9EA8A77CC.jpeg
16502524-53D2-4052-9A86-1128E846872C.jpeg

the red ones you see often in films are London ones.

The last bus I popped up was a triple decker, it is the Knight bus from the Harry Potter films. There is even a Chandelier inside
View attachment 139021View attachment 139022View attachment 139023View attachment 139024
I have a lot of buses,eras,different cities,all mean different liveries then there’s the private ones,and coaches,I do not photograph them much as I do not weather themView attachment 139025View attachment 139026View attachment 139027View attachment 139028View attachment 139029View attachment 139030
Didn't spot a routemaster?

Some people respond to lavender, best go real lavender in a bag,as that is not likely to have any issues,people pop them under their pillows.

milky drinks hot/warm sone people swear they are good others bad,pays your money take your chance

now I had a little trick when I went to bed,I ate 50 calories of chocolate I got in bed popped it in my mouth let it melt the sensation was lovely and relaxed me,unfortunately subsequent mouth fulls do not relax you more, believe me I tried lol.
Diabetic here, can’t handle the carbs in Chocolate. Believe me if I could chocolate would be the way

TomO

View attachment 139021View attachment 139022View attachment 139023View attachment 139024
I have a lot of buses,eras,different cities,all mean different liveries then there’s the private ones,and coaches,I do not photograph them much as I do not weather themView attachment 139025View attachment 139026View attachment 139027View attachment 139028View attachment 139029View attachment 139030
@Jaz avalley Do those double deck busses tip over often? The sure look top heavy.

Ooh not buses, better, trams, I will eventually be doing a whole Blackpool layout, the tower,the track,the seaside the donkeys,but to date we have not got into it,but we have sourced loads of the items required
32776FB2-B8D9-4F49-A57F-8BC7911065A7.jpeg
FB0474BE-B1B1-44CA-8595-7F6552DCF237.jpeg
51249F16-1496-4B7C-908D-D9A1774F9E03.jpeg
6EEE9B78-E08D-49C9-8AA2-65E82CB9FC00.jpeg
6EEE9B78-E08D-49C9-8AA2-65E82CB9FC00.jpeg
595C770F-7CB0-49F5-B8FD-D78F38E158C2.jpeg
08A72210-DCDA-49FE-8C0C-2BA99317E403.jpeg
27090F27-7C81-40C7-B194-F3222EFBE08C.jpeg
CA7657B5-4326-4A4C-8D41-7484F43CC32C.jpeg

these are scale toys, BUT you can get donor trams, one is already done,not by me,the other half’s department.
I could use St Margarets and put some running through the town….hmmm

Ooh not buses, better, trams, I will eventually be doing a whole Blackpool layout, the tower,the track,the seaside the donkeys,but to date we have not got into it,but we have sourced loads of the items required
View attachment 139064View attachment 139065View attachment 139066View attachment 139067View attachment 139067View attachment 139068View attachment 139069View attachment 139070View attachment 139071
these are scale toys, BUT you can get donor trams, one is already done,not by me,the other half’s department.
I could use St Margarets and put some running through the town….hmmm
Blackpool Tower, that's gonna be a interesting build. Doing Blackpool illuminations as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back