Running Bear's January 2021 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evening, going through some old stuff lying around and can across some old Tyco stuff. These 3 boxes were a flat car load if I remember right. Well a little rail tie brown, and the truck mounts off some proto 2000 freight cars and a quick flat car load.View attachment 123117View attachment 123118

what's in the box.jpg

🤣🤣🤣

Good morning y'all. We had some wet stuff fall from the sky again yesterday, last night, and again this morning. Maybe it'll clear up today. Maybe not. If I could accurately predict the weather I'd make a lot more money than selling artificial rain. 😁

Flo- Coffee please. I'd like some bacon this morning. And with that I'd like 2 scrambled eggs, toast, a side of sausage, and two sides of bacon.

Nothing new to report from Nathan's Crossroads today. The town and its populace are in hibernation today, as most days.

Y'all take it easy today. Donuts are on me today.
donuts.jpg

Good morning, y'all 24° and clear just before sunrise. Those donuts Jesse brought in look great.

Couldn't sleep after 4AM, so here I am. 3 cups of coffee, and groggy. Guess we have a lot on our minds this morning. I have an appointment with the Cardiologist, this afternoon, but that doesn't enter into my uneasiness.

Blue Comet @ Atlantic City date and photographer unknown.jpg

The Famous CNJ "Blue Comet" in Atlantic City. Date and Photographer unknown. Note the Cab Signal and Train Control boxes below the smokebox.

Morning all,

24° and clear this morning in Doo-Dah. Supposed to get to the mid-50's today.

Slowly getting the new ISP integrated into our systems. Seems for every 2 steps forward, we have to take 1 back, but it's still progress I guess.

Good morning, y'all 24° and clear just before sunrise. Those donuts Jesse brought in look great.

Couldn't sleep after 4AM, so here I am. 3 cups of coffee, and groggy. Guess we have a lot on our minds this morning. I have an appointment with the Cardiologist, this afternoon, but that doesn't enter into my uneasiness.

View attachment 123127
The Famous CNJ "Blue Comet" in Atlantic City. Date and Photographer unknown. Note the Cab Signal and Train Control boxes below the smokebox.

I, too, am on my 3rd cup of coffee. Taking advantage of the quiet before my son wakes up to do research for the history of my town. prayers for good news from the cardiologist. Enjoy a donut at your own risk. 😄 Beautiful picture of the old steamer.

Good morning gang!

Flo my dear, some coffee and 2 blueberry muffins please, those donuts look like pure sugar to me, I'll abstain.

Ken, Glad to see you got your snow blower, BTW were having daytime highs in the 50's this week. Thanks!! ;)

Boris, lay off the coffee before you see the cardiologist! Great steamer pic btw.

I did manage to get down the basement and take stock of some loco projects. 8 need paint and decals only (too cold), 6 brass locos need mechanical repair, stripping and paint, and about 17 of them need decoders. IF I win lotto I can get parts and barricade myself in the basement for a month or 2 after the weather breaks! (All painting is done in the garage, SWMBO's rules.) For now, I'll just keep piddling on, a little at a time.

Good Morning All. Clear and 30° in this part of the world. Slowly warming back up, although yesterday at 48°, sunshine and no wind wasn't really too bad. Mid 50's today and then a couple of 60°+ days coming up. Spent part of the day yesterday pruning trees, score so far is one week's worth of next winter's firewood. All fingers present.

I need something to warm me up this morning Flo. How about a steaming bowl of chili with cheese today. Of course a large hunk of cornbread to do with it.

Thanks to all who liked or commented on yesterday's review of 2020; Karl, Jerome, Dave, Tom O, Guy, Patrick, Hughie, Justin, Alan, Phil, Sherrel, Troy, Curt, Tom, Garry, Ken, Luke, Jerry.

I split my time out in the train shed yesterday, between running a lot of trains and cleaning up structures.
The next structure along the layout edge after the Cycle Repair Shop is a pair of co-joined businesses, a photo studio and an Oriental restaurant. This is a Downtown Deco kit.
IMG_5477.JPG

Moving south on the railroad, we come across another Downtown Deco Hydrocal structure, which I think that I posted part of recently.
IMG_5478.JPG

Then we come to a Deli that may or may not remain in its current location. It's another of those Smalltown kits that I don't remember the name of.
IMG_5479.JPG

Behind all of this in the corner is a kitbashed Walther's kit, Peterson Tool.
IMG_5487.JPG

IMG_5480.JPG

Since it was going into the corner, I used the back walls to extend the structure and make a backdrop extension off to the right. This business makes generators for a GM plant somewhere. Loading bays are inside and the railroad parks an old flatcar outside to use as an idler car when switching, so the engine doesn't have to go inside.
IMG_5488.JPG

In front of all this are the trailers that I am currently working on.
IMG_5475.JPG

Tom O - I have noticed the extreme odor from Krylon paints as well. I try to do all of that painting in my outdoor paint booth if possible.
Greg - Seems like you are really enjoying your newest family member, Riley. Best wishes on your three doctor appointments. Hope that they are all favorable.
Sherrel - Just to clarify, I only wear the mask if I am going to be around others, indoors or out. Obviously never at the SFW estate.
Justin -
I doubt Athearn would send me replacement wheel sets as I've had these hoppers since 2007. Sadly years dont reflect their service. They have been stored away more than on my layout.
You never know if you don't ask!
Ken - Hurray for the delivery driver. He deserved that tip.
Tom - Those old Tyco train sets had a lot of stuff in them that I have used as detail parts over the years. I have the same set of concrete pipes in a renovated Tyco car roaming the layout somewhere.
So you have the distinction of being the last to leave the Coffee Shop last night, and the first one in this morning! Don't you sleep???
Joe - Hope all goes well at the cardiologist this afternoon.

Everybody have a great day. Stay safe.

Tom - Those old Tyco train sets had a lot of stuff in them that I have used as detail parts over the years. I have the same set of concrete pipes in a renovated Tyco car roaming the layout somewhere.
So you have the distinction of being the last to leave the Coffee Shop last night, and the first one in this morning! Don't you sleep??
I sleep, you guys just sleep longer.🙃

Good morning from the same old weather in my area of Wisconsin. Frosty fog with a high temperature today being 34f degrees. That would be the highest in the last 3 weeks. Rime ice has returned.

Willie, using the Kylon paint was a first. I did check my paint booth fan, vent and outside vent cover. 1/2 the vent opening cover flaps were not opening. The cover is new as of December and when I called the contractor yesterday he said he’ll send someone out to check it. Told him I checked it, he’ll have someone install a new one. I have used the booth but Vallejo Air and regular paints barely need any venting. The Model Master Aluminum paint I use does smell when applying but the booth worked great for that.

Not sure what today’s plan. Terry wants to go for a drive, I might break a rule.

Pictured below, Thomas heading back to the truck, someone put the wrong sign at the closed crossing

TomO

821DEFD2-0144-48EE-94DE-0E9262D3880F.jpeg

Good morning all, 20 and cloudy/foggy again. I am not complaining, it has been a wonderfully mild winter here, the worst month was October which barely classifies as winter!

Thanks for the comments and likes!

Jesse - I would like some of those donuts. Thank you.

Willie- it would be interesting to see your train in person.

Layout photo, here is the gravel operation:

_MG_5599.jpg

I plan to do a gravel loadout area on the next layout, however it will not take nearly as much space, probably where a dump truck drives on the elevated ramp to dump in a gondola or hopper.

Have a great day, all, Dave

View attachment 123127

I would love to see this in color!

*EDIT found this .....but hard to find actual profile color that is not art colored print etc.

1610468398561.png

Good morning ........ Coffee and one of Jesse's donuts, please.

Jesse .... Thank you.

Boris .... That is a great photo of the CNJ 4-6-2.

James ...... Your picture is also a good one.

WIllie .... Your photos today have some good looking buildings and scenes.

Dave LASM .... Nice picture of your gravel loading operation.

Everybody ...... Have a good day.

Well fellers it's time to check in again. Nothing new to report. I'm still waiting on some packages. USPS is really bogged down. Though to my experience it isn't everywhere. I have one item sitting in Atlanta. It's been there for 5 days now. Another in new Hampshire. However my 5 hoppers are making great time and should be here in the next 2 days. Which is just odd to me. On the layout I suppose its wheel cleaning time again. I'm seeing a decline in locomotive performance. Not from all of them just the major players. It's been a good while since I've done a wheel cleaning. I should remember to clean my yard and load out tracks more often. They are neglected and it shows. I'm gonna try a recommended fix for that to see if it actually does make a difference. That's about all I have for now. I'll stop by later if I get a chance.
20210103_233541.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back