Running Bear's January 2020 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Afternoon All,

Started out running errands. I spent 3 hours in the train room before my back said enough! I removed all the fascia and facia mounted things, then crawled under the layout to remove electric/electronic components. I have a switchboard, DCC specialties AR, and one of the LRT Logic boards for signaling left to remove. Of course everything is just lying on top of the layout and still needs wrapped and boxed. Tomorrow SIL and his adult son, my adult son, and myself are removing the pool solar heating tubing on the roof in preparation for next week.

Jerome- Nice collection of motive power.

Terry- Continued prayers for Marie.

Willie- Details make all the difference. Nice layout shots.

Mikey- Nice loads.

Justin- I like the Grumpy System. Do you just drag that cleaner across the track like a bright boy?

Chet- Nice video. I hope your leg gets back to normal quickly.

I hope everyone has a good night.
Yes. I use it just like a bright boy.

New projects coming up. More patchout,decal and weather.

Attachments

• IMG_3139.jpg
    IMG_3139.jpg
    312.7 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_3140.jpg
    IMG_3140.jpg
    317 KB · Views: 162
A short anti-Model Railroader Magazine rant. At this point I wouldn’t give Model Railroader Magazine even 1 cent of my money. They have with their latest update of their app, basically stolen every issue of the past 8 years of magazines that I bought and paid on their app, which is now so buggy and useless that it barely opens and has locked every issue I purchased. The only way I can get my issues back is by re-buying them via the other app Kalmbach uses, provided by Zinio. And they are totally unresponsive to complaints about it. Absolute Thieves!!!!!! It's a great little scam they have going on over there at Kalmbach.

Rant over.

Cheers
Gene

Busy washing everything washable and sanitizing everything that isn't. Apparently what my wife has is pretty contagious. At least according to the hospital staff, and what I've read online.

A short anti-Model Railroader Magazine rant. At this point I wouldn’t give Model Railroader Magazine even 1 cent of my money. They have with their latest update of their app, basically stolen every issue of the past 8 years of magazines that I bought and paid on their app, which is now so buggy and useless that it barely opens and has locked every issue I purchased. The only way I can get my issues back is by re-buying them via the other app Kalmbach uses, provided by Zinio. And they are totally unresponsive to complaints about it. Absolute Thieves!!!!!! It's a great little scam they have going on over there at Kalmbach.

Rant over.

Cheers
Gene

Truthfully, I believe they are not alone here. That's why I stick to print versions, rather than risk the loss of digital data. What hurts, is that there is no price break for the digital version and archive. Gene, did you attempt to call them?

Boris

Terry: Not exactly what y'all need right now, eh? Hopefully, you won't get it. Both of you need to catch a break. Otherwise, how is she doing?

Boris
You don’t want to know. You REALLY don’t want to know. It’s beginning to look like she suffered another stroke in the middle of this.

Rant over.

Cheers
Gene
I gave up on Model Railroader long time ago. I got tired of them going to the same people with the same layout just because they changed a tree. They seemed to focus on steam and F units and very little on modern freight and locomotives. With all the clubs out there they never went to them much or ever at all.

Truthfully, I believe they are not alone here. That's why I stick to print versions, rather than risk the loss of digital data. What hurts, is that there is no price break for the digital version and archive. Gene, did you attempt to call them?

Boris

Boris..no I did not phone them. I did email them and did contact them via their social media and via text. No responses.

Good Morning All. 36° and clear. Nice days temperature-wise continuing here for at least the next ten days Highs in the upper 50's to upper 60's and lows remaining above freezing. Possible rain Thursday and Friday, but temperature of 68°. Spent yesterday morning and early afternoon pruning branches and cutting some of next years firewood supply. Headed for Dallas tonight for a life celebration honoring a longtime friend's late wife, which we attend every year near her birthday. She was my wife's college roommate fifty years ago, but sadly passed away about ten years ago. Tonight is a "double celebration" as it marks my 68th year on this earth.
Had a visitor yesterday, making use of my pond behind the train shed.
01-04-20 004.JPG

Don't usually see them at this time of year and don't usually have only one at a time.

I'll have a couple of those sausage, egg, potato and cheese breakfast burritos this morning Flo.

Thanks for the likes and comments regarding the home improvements that I posted yesterday; Justin, Jerome, Bob, Phil, Sherrel, Chad, Tom, Bill, Mikey, Curt. More to come at the trailer house.

Out in the train shed, I spent some time laying out details for the Majestic Hardware & Feed store. I first made a styrene base so I could attach them to instead of just placing them all on the layout. Here are some of them on the left side under the sheds.
01-04-20 008.JPG

01-04-20 009.JPG

Here's a shot of the other side of the building showing the now attached steps and loading dock. Also visible is the front porch and steps for the entrance.
01-04-20 010.JPG

Not all of the detail parts came with this kit, some came from the detail parts stash. I'm still painting many others.

Mikey - Continued prayers for your MIL. Ha ha, no red light needed as that's Bubba's steady flame. Just a typical country girl.
Chet - Continued best wishes on the leg recovery. Bowling and trains, I know that you're missing two of your passions.
Terry - Ugggh! Have the doctors figures out how or why she got the virus? Continued prayers for her speedy recovery.

Everybody have a great day. If you want to attend my birthday bash tonight, PM me for time and directions.

Willie, the working theory is she contracted this as a result of being given some heap powerful antibiotics to prevent infection in her knee. This killed off the good bacteria everybody has in their intestines, and allowed the bad stuff to rush in and take over.
As for the stroke, her speech is very slurred, almost to the point of unintelligibility, and she is extremely unstable on her feet. In the ER, the doc there asked about stroke, since a CT scan showed damage. At the time, we were more concerned with figuring out what the infection was, and focused on that.

Good morning, America! It's 33 and that is supposed to be the high through out the day. We got about an inch of snow over night, but tomorrow, they're calling for 47 degrees. I'll take it!

We bought a new water softener at Menards yesterday. Will get it hooked up tomorrow.........at least, that's the plan for now.

Terry- I hope and pray that everything takes a turn for the better for your wife and you.

Gene- Good luck with MR. You may have an uphill climb ahead of you.

Chet- Nice video. I never expected dinosaurs hiding out in tunnels! Hoping your leg gets better soon.

Alan- The Daylight car looks great!

Jerome- Cascade green comes second to Chinese red for my favorite color. Nice!

Curt- Be careful with the roof work!

Willie- Happy birthday! Sorry, but I'll be a little late to your party! The hardware store is looking better and better! Great job!

no I did not phone them. I did email them and did contact them via their social media and via text. No responses.

Kalmbach has their customer service/support contracted out to a call center somewhere in Texas. From other feedback on a different forum, calling them appears to be the only way to get a response. Even then, you may not be happy with the result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back