Running Bear's February 2022 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the uncluttered look.
George
Omg my bedroom would drive you potty, boots,shoes every where, clothes rail is so full that stuff is flopped over the top as well, cuddly toys, childhood China,tv, jewellery scattered about, to be fair when I tidy up I do the main areas,bedroom is always bottom of the list. I even keep broken China ornaments if it reminds me of my mum and dad. they are not out in public areas, in the bedroom, they make me smile, and occasionally tear up.

We have a nice lounge for visitors when we sit and chat,and another lounge where our various hobby’s and a big tv and comfy chairs where we often sit and eat ignoring them dining room, we come in via the conservatory,so hoovering is always required,we need to herd visitors through the front hall into the atrium where nobody ever stops unless I sit and do seeds, into the nice lounge,in the summer patio sees far more action especially if visitors have dogs.

I used to have a habit of leaving small items I was about to paint on my mac where I researched until the other half shut it with the models inside,the glass did not survive, nee Mac needed ouch, I keep that empty now. I also litter books on the bed driving the other half crazy.

Good Morning Everyone.....cloudy and seasonal cold here in this part of Wisconsin.

Finally my order from Model Scenes arrived from the Czech Republic. I was a little worried about my first time order from Model Scenes since I never received a order confirmation, nor did they answer my emails. PayPal wanted me to wait until February 20th before contacting Model Scenes. The order was shipped on January 20th and it arrived on February 2nd. It looks like the box was opened going through US Customs.

I discovered Model Scenes from watching Stephen Bennett's videos on how he constructed his basement sized layout. I always liked his scenery since it looked different than the "Tried and True" Woodland Scenic route. He used some Woodland's along with Heki and Model Scenes (Model Scenes.com) and others. I checked the web site for Model Scenes and found their assortment of scenery material to be different than the usual ones available from the normal suppliers. Their prices seemed higher than Woodland's or Heki, but I ordered three items from Model Scenes that included two landscape mats and flowering bushes. When they arrived they were package nice for the over-seas trip and I'm happy for doing the order with Model Scenes and will do more business in the future.

While a bit more expensive, Model Scene's items will make for excellent foreground landscapes for model railroad layouts. All the items can be torn apart for their use on the layout.

I have several foreground areas that I have Puff-ball trees as the main landscape and the new materials will be part of the new landscape.

I received confirmation from Kalmbach about a car I ordered with the MR&T logo. I know I ordered a reefer, but the confirmation says it's a gondola. Could of ordered that one also???

That's about all for now.

Greg...

####################
Glad you got you stuff from Model Scenes (eventually), need a few photo's now, see wat ya got 🤣

Afternoon All,

Spent most of the morning with Dad getting his retired ID squared away and removing Mom from his DEERS paperwork (Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System). After getting home I added the "tar line" around the appropriate areas on all the upper roofs. The only thing left on that area is some detail parts and weathering. After lunch I started on the first of 3 platforms. This one is quite small compared to the other ones. I finished it except for the upright bracing that goes under the roof that covers it. I also shingled that roof (one more to go). I am really tired of roofing at this point. The platform legs and bracing qualify for a photo in the dictionary under fragile. No picture today. I'll take a couple tomorrow.

James- The framework looks well done.

Dave- Nice buildings. I hope you feel better soon.

Karl- Congratulations on the great looking RS3. For some reason I decided to skip them, but for the life of me I can't remember why.

Jaz- Really nice job on the cove.

Lee- Neat looking tractor.

Ken D&J- I hope you feel better soon also.

Willie- That's a lot of nicely done bars.

I hope everyone has a good night.

A sorrowful task this evening. We are going to the viewing of my God Mother who passed away January 29th. The funeral mass is tomorrow. She was 88 years old. Sorry I have not mentioned it sooner, it's not easy for me to talk about. She was one of the most important people in my life and one of my most trusted advisors. I will miss her dearly.

A sorrowful task this evening. We are going to the viewing of my God Mother who passed away January 29th. The funeral mass is tomorrow. She was 88 years old. Sorry I have not mentioned it sooner, it's not easy for me to talk about. She was one of the most important people in my life and one of my most trusted advisors. I will miss her dearly.
Sorry to hear that, my condolences to you and you family.

Good evening. It's raining and 50. I haven't heard any more about the fertilizer plant, either the fire's out, or the threat of imminent devastation has diminished to the point the media no longer cares.
Louis, you have my sympathies.
Two more people tendered their resignations today.

I just checked with the city, and the evacuation zone has been reduced to 660 foot radius, almost all commercial properties.

Last edited:
Good evening. It's raining and 50. I haven't heard any more about the fertilizer plant, either the fire's out, or the threat of imminent devastation has diminished to the point the media no longer cares.
Louis, you have my sympathies.
Two more people tendered their resignations today.

I just checked with the city, and the evacuation zone has been reduced to 660 foot radius, almost all commercial properties.
Some good news for a change.

Louis: Condolences on the loss of your God Mother.

Terry: Hopefully, that ordeal is over. Media loses interest quickly, when things are under control.

Willie: Today's sell off was attributed to a better than expected Jobs Report... Wonder what Monday's reason will be....

Curt: As of five minutes ago, Model Train Stuff has two numbers DC available, if your interested.

12-15-21 Perryville, MD.jpg

Good Morning All. Cloudy and 19°, not as low as the forecast of 9°, but cold nonetheless. The north wind is still with us until early afternoon and then a gradual warmup to between 55° and 65° for at least a week starting Monday. Yesterday was one of the very very few days of the year when the temperature did not get above freezing. NWS is predicting 36° for the high today.

I did something last night that I hadn't done in years, more years than I can remember. I slept 8 hours, albeit with two bathroom breaks.The doctor Wednesday, prescribed something to assist. I am just hoping to use it to get back into a healthy pattern. I don't really want to add another prescription to the ever-growing list.

Thanks for the comments and reactions to the mini-scenes posted yesterday; George, OB Ken, Mike, Steve J, Chad, Jaz, Lee, Karl, Rick, Hughie, James, Louis, Tom O, Joe, Gary, Curt, Tom, IB Ken, Smudge, Patrick.

No train shed yesterday, I made no attempt at trudging through the snow and ice to reach it. I ordered another electric heater from Amazon that will arrive next week. Probably won't need it until next winter!
Let's make a tour of some of my various bars and speakeasies.
Archie's Place is part of a Downtown Deco block in my town of Rycon Township.
View attachment 140268
In Gainesville is the Coco Club, also a Downtown Deco structure. It's a little less classy than most.
View attachment 140269
Derry's Pub is a Walther's structure called Village Pizza that I am using as an Irish Pub in the town of Charlottesville. Looks like Adele knocked off her husband outside the hobby shop next door after he spent the SS check on trains.
View attachment 140270
The Green Door Lounge is a laser-cut wood structure from Blair Line that graces the town of Maultown.
View attachment 140272
I'll pick up with the rest of the alphabet tomorrow.

Tom O -

Yes they can be quite destructive. This herd that frequents our neighborhood is relatively docile. They are rather isolated from any others so they have a lot more space for themselves. The destruction is spread out. The main problem is when they root around in dams and spillways. They can also devastate wheat fields in my area. While their favorite food is acorns, they are omnivorous and will eat rabbits, cats, squirrels and other small mammals that they catch by surrounding and overwhelming them. They are actually quite quick. Besides humans and vehicles, the young can be killed by bobcats who feed and then leave the remains for vultures and buzzards.
Yes, despite gasoline going above $3/gal here, it is still less than a year ago but it will not last much longer.
View attachment 140262
Jaz -

They are actually quite vicious and a 300 lb. mama pig can mow you down quickly and start jabbing with her tusks.
Regarding the young ladies in tight pants and shorts; that is normal attire here in Texas and many other parts of the southern and coastal US. Tight fitting pants is acceptable at many non professional work locations.
George -

Thankfully! ;)
Ken (D&J) - Hope that you're feeling better soon.
Joe - Back in December I wasn't believing the Goldman Sachs prediction regarding oil prices. I am now.
Dave - Get well soon, although you appear to have two very nice comfortable rest areas.

Everybody have a great day.
Nice pics Willie

Mmmm . . . . Sorry all,

Made us a steak dinner tonight. Opened a 8 year old Bordeaux to go with it. Wife got the booster today. it very much laid me low for 36-ish hours. So fixed (Texas Expression) her a nice steak dinner. An 8 ounce filet. But the boost seems to be taking its toll - - - she is abed and feeling feverish. Sigh - - - -

Mmmm . . . . Sorry all,

Made us a steak dinner tonight. Opened a 8 year old Bordeaux to go with it. Wife got the booster today. it very much laid me low for 36-ish hours. So fixed (Texas Expression) her a nice steak dinner. An 8 ounce filet. But the boost seems to be taking its toll - - - she is abed and feeling feverish. Sigh - - - -
That means it's ramping up the immune system. Sucks for a day, but very good overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back