Running Bear's February 2021 Coffee Shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning from my little part of Wisconsin. The driveway had about 3” of heavy wet white stuff. It is cleared out and the recycling and garbage bins are out. 37f degrees later, no sun. 40’s tomorrow with sun.

The son in Austin is fine. The water softeners at his and the girl friend’s house are both in need of repair parts. About $80 each on Amazon and about 200 each if the softener guy repairs and services the units. He is going to let the repair guy do his house this afternoon or evening and the g/f’s Wednesday morning at 7am. Got the service guy only because of cancellations. Hit 74 degrees yesterday.

Willie, smart move on the hotel. Still a good thing the plumber can get to you.

Heading out in a few to the LHS

TomO

Willie, smart move on the hotel. Still a good thing the plumber can get to you.
While it is a bit of a bummer that the plumber couldn't get out yesterday, my wife is happy that she got the shower. Incredible price at our local small town Hampton Inn of just $65.99 for a suite! Meager but free breakfast and I filled up several water jugs.
I have moved behind some previously scheduled commercial jobs that the plumber has on hold until he can pull their permits this morning. He just thought that he might have had some extra time yesterday.

I got my garden hose thru the bathroom window , so I can fill toilets, wash hands, shower and managed to hook to the washing machine and got laundry done . I'll just have to take a lukewarm shower ( well water is about 60 but I got the hose out in the sun ) , I still need cpvc caps and glue , everybody's out , right now. I've known people to just use colon in situations like these but it clashes with the B.O.

Soon as I can find the stuff I need , I m going to try to get stuff for the backdrop .

Got the camera batteries recharged so might post some pics in RPO later.

hi I am a UK modeller, I live in England and model English railways is it ok for me to post on this forum? I have already introduced myself on the new profiles, samples of my work in case that makes a difference
60171CC6-D695-45BE-8216-A9E9A927906C.jpeg

220A0339-868A-46B2-A33B-35B55FAB35F5.jpeg

Got my Wood loco & carriage done today. 9 sheets of balsa (14x7 inches), 70 pages of instructions. Unfortunately it will not be self propelled due to me misinterpreting some instructions on page 4. Only installed 1 of 14 required rubber bands!!! about 170 wood pieces & 200 - yes- toothpicks.

Attachments

• loco.JPG
    loco.JPG
    641.7 KB · Views: 99
  • carriage.JPG
    carriage.JPG
    572.3 KB · Views: 103
  • gear detail.JPG
    gear detail.JPG
    467.1 KB · Views: 104
While it is a bit of a bummer that the plumber couldn't get out yesterday, my wife is happy that she got the shower. Incredible price at our local small town Hampton Inn of just $65.99 for a suite! Meager but free breakfast and I filled up several water jugs.
I have moved behind some previously scheduled commercial jobs that the plumber has on hold until he can pull their permits this morning. He just thought that he might have had some extra time yesterday.
Hope you plumber works you in soon. Plumbers are the most in demand people in Texas right now. My granddaughter is married to a plumber who normally only does new construction(mostly commercial). Right now he is voluntarily working repairs for his company because they are swamped. BTW - Texas is temporarily allowing out of state licensed plumbers to work in Texas.

So I got a thing and I couldn't resist playing with it already

First order of business is to get it on its feet. Need one of those whats-its.. adjustable feet things. Only has 3/4. Next will be masonite or whatever for the sides. Meanwhile I'm trying to see if there's any point in my region which is similar to this. If not, I'll protolance it. Will it be a river or a road? Who knows!

Screenshot_20210221-1015422.png
IMG_20210222_232633400.jpg
IMG_20210222_232649506.jpg

Good Morning model railroaders! I do hope every body with the water pipe problems are getting things corrected. What a PIA..☹
Nothing on the modeling news here, but I did find the pics of the car mover that is used at a mill operation were my son works......
IMG_2250.JPG

IMG_2251.JPG

IMG_2252.JPG

EVERY BODY HAVE A GREAT DAY---STAY SAFE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back