Running Bear's February 2021 Coffee Shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning all. 18 degrees in the Ozark Foothills. Flo Biscuits and Gravy. Yesterday I finished sorting out my HO Rolling Stock and Engine. Now to tidy up the repairs on them and Custom painting. Everyone your stuff looks great here’s a few shots of my Post War Lionel Switcher. Have a great day and stay warm and safe.
E13537FD-41AC-45DD-85D2-3868818FAB01.jpeg
2F76E5E4-1AE0-4A51-A723-EB414DB79EA1.jpeg
5C15D843-2F87-4D7A-95F8-C7560C7388AE.jpeg
DAAADCAC-C7AB-47C9-8356-A7D93C4E9ED2.jpeg
A721493A-2846-4D67-AC45-62E187F02009.jpeg

Well I wish I could start my day off with some good motivation. I was awaken this morning to the sad news I knew was coming. My grandfather passed away last night. His health has been failing him since Thanksgiving and I knew it was coming. I followed in his footsteps almost step for step. We did the same job for Uncle Sam and did the same job as civilians. He gave me the knowledge and wisdom to get through my snags when I was stuck working on a vehicle. I'll miss sharing our soldier stories together. I dont know what more I can say. He will be greatly missed and this week is going to be one of the toughest ones I'll have to take on.

Well I wish I could start my day off with some good motivation. I was awaken this morning to the sad news I knew was coming. My grandfather passed away last night. His health has been failing him since Thanksgiving and I knew it was coming. I followed in his footsteps almost step for step. We did the same job for Uncle Sam and did the same job as civilians. He gave me the knowledge and wisdom to get through my snags when I was stuck working on a vehicle. I'll miss sharing our soldier stories together. I dont know what more I can say. He will be greatly missed and this week is going to be one of the toughest ones I'll have to take on.
Justin - My deepest condolences to you and your family. Stay strong with your memories.

Morning!
Only dropping in for a coffee this morning, as I'm feeling a little bit in the dumps. - The cold is getting to me! It's so cold that frost has appeared around the fireplace mantel inside the house, forcing me to back up the furnace with electric heat. Aside from being a focal point in the living room, that open flue wood burner is useless. I would replace it with a natural gas fireplace, but, I just hate that greedy gas company more than I hate the wood burner.
At -26°F, it's 6° warmer than yesterday. If one is outside, though, that is an unnoticeable difference.
Anyway, I've entered into a cold weather depression, so I'm going to leave the hobby for a short while and get outside to do some activity. Might take the camera and go down to the CN staging yard; see what's up today. Trouble is, my auto-focus freezes up in this kind of weather.

I'm so depressed, that I don't even have a photo for you this morning. Gotta tell you though, I sure do like the photos that are being posted today. Well done, indeed!
Have a good one!

Justin _ I just read you're post after I was typing. So sorry to hear about grand-dad! Condolences from Canada!

So sad to hear this news Justin . Your grandpa sounds like one of the greats, and I'm sure he's proud of the grandson he leaves behind.

Condolences and prayers

Good morning from balmy So. Central Wisconsin. The real temperature is matching the wind chill, it is ZERO for both. A possible high of 9f degrees sometime today per the Weather Channel’s guessing department.

Justin, sorry for your loss. Remember him as you described him, a good guy

Willie, any of your pictures are fine, old or new

Jesse, thanks again. May you continue to follow that good path

McLeod, get outside even if it’s just a walk down the driveway. The train pictures can wait for a warmer day, but when you go I need a couple tanker pictures for weathering! I‘d say go fishing but if you do you better take the spouse with you or suffer much worst then depression. Reading a book though has never helped me out of any mood or mental swings But we are all different. Finally a last suggestion, go online and watch all the Super Bowl commercials and try to figure out which ad agency account managers or multiple manages got their termination papers today. I did not watch the game but I checked in on the horrendous commercials IMO this morning Online. YMMV on this one. I am sure the rest of the Crew here would agree, if need to vent, do it here online not at home.

I have nothing else this morning as I believe my train pictures I have already posted. I do need to take some more picturesin the layout room. I have no commandments or Snoopy sayings today. Flat out zip and I have posted enough of the piles on the ground of the white gifts from above. So picture this, sitting on the lanai gazing out of the green soil dropping off to the bay, it’s 80 degrees and all of a sudden a whale jumps the surface. I do have the picture from the wife but the forum, oops response, says it’s too big or the .xyz setting is wrong or something.

TomO

get your snowblower's model # and call your local lawnmower repair shop.

Troy: First of all, it's good to see progress on your layout. Concerning the part, I could probably get it direct from Briggs and Stratton, as I still have the manual. If Sears Parts is still around I could check there also, or Amazon. fact is when we get snow around here it's usually enough to overwhelm my blower. My machine also doesn't do well with wet snows, like we had yesterday. Realistically, I'm looking for a newer bigger one. ;) The two local shops, that I was aware of both shut down and retired to Florida. Local small business repair shops usually make buying new a bargain. Gouge your customers...it's a Jersey thing. :rolleyes:

While I am not an anti-vaxxer, I only got tetanus and pneumonia vaccines before this covid mess. No flu or shingles.
Best wishes for your wife's health.

Willie: Generally, I approach all preventative medicine with an open mind. Having said that, I had both Pneumonia Vaccines, six months after the newest, I came down with pneumonia...I have also had a chronic cough ever since the onset in 2018. Conrail used to incorporate Tetanus boosters with each annual physical so the last I had was 1997. I skipped the flu shot, last year, but resumed this year. Usually, I have a mild reaction. Based on what happened to my wife, Ain't no way I getting the shingles vaccine. I really plan on getting the Covid Vaccine once the State or County deems it appropriate to give me an appointment, or when the retail pharmacies start offering Covid shots like they do everything else...which ever opportunity comes first. FWIW, last Friday, the NY Times, did a story on how the "Progressive States", are failing miserably when it came to mass inoculation of Covid magazines...never thought I would see that in the Times...:eek:

I'm kind of crabby with all that's going on in our orbit right now. Won't bore y'all with the details, but a year of sequestration, and covid related lame excuses and bulls**t are beginning to take their toll. Wife whent to a Gastroenterologist on Friday, preregistering on line, in advance of the appointment. Receptionist, handed her the same questionnaire, and a pen...when the wife told her she had preregistered, the receptionist told her she had to fill it out again. note...it contained information, they could only have because the wife filled it out the first time...Then she gets in to see the physician, (she was there because of medication induced Fatty Liver Disease, and Upper GI irritation), and the first thing the guy wanted to do was schedule her for a colonoscopy...These doctors listen well, eh? Just an example of what I'm talking about...

WB approaching Hell's gate.jpg

PC Westbound, approaching Hells Gate enroute to NYP and DC. Photographer unknown.
BULLETS at Ardmore junction, Lower Merion, PA.jpg

More Ardmore jct.
Eastward at Stamford CT.jpg

Boston bound express at Stamford CT.

Good afternoon, it is a frigid -2 according to my phone.

Checking in during lunch. Sorry if I missed a comment since I am off all weekend. A couple days into each new week I pretty catch up on what went on over the weekend.

Justin - I am sorry to hear about your grandad.

Hughie - great plan and layout photos!

Troy - your layout is looking fine!

Willie - more nice photos

Here is a photo from the old layout, around the back side of the grocery store. I always had a hard time keeping that chimney on:

a final view 008.JPG

Neither building survived the demolition and moves, however.

I got started on this new project. I will have to pick up some paint, however began with some trimming:

a 24.jpg

more later, Dave LASM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back