Running Bear's February 2020 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
FB_IMG_1579718516718.jpg

Good evening. y'all. Surprise! It's going to rain again tonight.

Apparently, the MIL is refusing to co-operate with her physical/ occupational therapy and plays helpless. Yet today, she told my wife how well she was doing. While we don't know for sure, looks like she's headed for long term care. Not sure she knows what end is up, but she's also a master liar and manipulator.... We have been dealing with her and her "issues" for over 4 years now, and she has had numerous opportunities to get well, if only she wanted to. I personally don't get it, and had had my fill. Unfortunately, the wife is the only child, so we are in this for a while longer. I had a suspicion this was what was going down, which is why I chose another round of injections instead of knee replacement, for now. (I also have my doubts as to whether the injection worked in the left knee.

No time for the model railroad today, too much else going on. On the bright side, my clean up is moving right along. May have some new layout photos, by early next week.

RDG 9124 Norristown PA 11-30-1968.jpg
rdg7604_09-1967_Williamsport_PA.jpg

Tonight, we take another ride on the Reading. MU train at Norristown, PA, 1960s; Bee Line Service SD45 at Williamsport, PA 1967. Remember, if you pass "GO", collect $200, from the bank!

Bob,Karl- Yes the Lok programer is easy to use. The only thing I haven't done is the Advanced consisting because I haven't decided which units to do.

Willie- Post 317 on page 16.

Definitely need a toilet in the basement; something about going down the stairs. :/
Beady- I am of an age where I tend to "hold it" until the time is convenient, then a mad dash to the facilities. A basement bath is a comfort station instead of an emergency room.

OLD SOUTHERN SAYING- Lately, I've been thinking a lot about the Hereafter. I go to get something, then wonder what I'm here after.

Howdy everyone!

I appreciate all the likes on my stuff! :)

Flo - I'll have a hot roast beef sandwich with home fries - put gravy all over it, a large cole slaw, coffee
and slice of raisin pie with whipped cream on top.

Mikey - I hope your house is still above water. Drains backing up, unwanted ponds and more rain on the way . . . WOW! :oops: Do you have a boat? Good job on the dresser, but does the wife like it? :oops:;) I despise stripping furniture, but really like staining and finishing - go figure :rolleyes:

Johnny - thanks for the comments.

Chet - thanks for liking the market! It was fun to model an old, local market, but I think mine looks
better ;):)nice F-photos!

Tom - WOW - six porches! Good for you! Gotta love it.

Willie - The elevator is looking good! I'm about 30% done with my grain & farm supply. I have all six bins built
and the vertical grain dryer is almost done, but it really doesn't look like a grain facility until the elevator is up
and the piping connected.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With me finishing the A/C unit on Hagerty's Market, I hit the wall with structure building. That makes four in
a row. I needed a change of pace, so I placed them close to where they will stay and sketched in the highway
that goes across the new table. State highway Rt. 8 travels north/south and is Main St. through town. There's
an intersection with another major highway, Rt. 422 that will have a traffic light.
I started on a grade crossing and there are five crossings on my layout, so I'm relearning on this first
one and the other four should go smoothly without a hitch.
Standing back and taking in the big picture, it's looking like a real layout. I have two more major structures to
begin and build, the truck/rail coal transfer facility and a three store retail building. Thorn Creek and the
Farm Supply warehouse will be in the mix, as are two homes. Then the rest is all scenery and details.
That should keep me busy for the next 2 or 3 years ;):)

Have a good rest of the day.
Jim

Here a few photos . . .
this 1st photo is the A/C unit on Hagerty's Market
the 2nd is a view of the four structures in place
the 3rd is the CAT train

5pKgQQe.jpg

QhAfHzT.jpg

xTZ7xwN.jpg

Jim love the CAT train! I have been looking to buy the HO scale loco for sometime at least a good bargain. I will get the Athearn unit series hopefully....didn't see one at the last train show I went to. Nice pics!

Good morning gang!
Flo, coffee please! Make it a double, ok?
39° with light rain, going to 55°. Old man Winter returns tomorrow, temps dropping into the teens for the weekend, but heck at least it will be dry.
Gotta stop and get cards for wife's birthday /Valentines day Friday. Her present and flowers are already to go, but SWMBO must have cards too! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Good Morning all,

Currently cold this morning with a temp of 12* this morning. Roads aren't as bad as predicted as we had snow\rain right up to the time the temp dropped below freezing last night. Made for a rather uneventful drive to work.

Since I'm officially another year closer to 60 today, I'll have a short stack with bacon, 2 eggs over easy and coffee this morning. Thank you Flo!

On a train matter, I got notification that my model train stuff shipped yesterday. I don't think it will arrive before the holiday on Monday, but I have wiring to redo now that my hand is healed enough to actually work with tools again. so I may be back to being able to run trains again over the weekend.

Good Morning All. 39° and cloudy here this morning. It didn't rain yesterday, but the ground is so saturated and mushy, it's like walking in quicksand. Had an excellent prime rib dinner last night at Outback Steakhouse. Wife had baby back ribs for her birthday meal. It's Thursday today, time for the weekly grocery/beer trek into town. Wife's off work today, recovering from the wine last night; don't know yet whether she's going with me. She got off early yesterday by going into the online scheduler and scheduling a 3:00 pm appointment for a fictional customer, (A. Lincoln), who didn't show up; thus allowing her to skip the last hour. Interestingly, she worked there 14 years before one of the "second year" rookies showed her that trick!

Sausage, egg and cheese biscuits for me this morning Francine.

Thanks for the likes and comments regarding yesterday's progress pictures; Sherrel, Patrick, Greg, Jerome, Chad, Karl, Chet, Phil, Curt, Jim, Ken.

Made some more progress out in the train shed yesterday. Continued with the ground cover around Majestic Hardware, touch up today. Finished up the second safety cage on the grain elevator.
02-13-20 001.JPG

I picked out the first two vehicles for the scene, a 1960 Ford flatbed truck from Mini Metals; and a 1965 Chevy step side pickup truck from Oxford. Here they are disassembled and dull coated. Don't look Chet!:rolleyes:
02-13-20 002.JPG

02-13-20 004.JPG

The flatbed will get a driver and a grain sack load. Presently, the pick up will be just weathered and parked.

Greg - Did you ever have to go through the OSHA 30 hour training? Boring but interesting at the same time. Yearly? Is that all? At my place I had to provide monthly training and refresher courses. Indirectly, all forklift operators worked for part of my department and that training was ongoing. I also had to give biological/pathogen training to janitors who didn't speak English. Basically, wear your rubber gloves and use a lot of bleach!
Jim - The town is really taking shape.
Joe - Good luck with your MIL.
Patrick - Happy Birthday.

Everybody have a great day.

Good morning, y'all. 37 and rain, going to 55 before the cold air comes in. This month, Friday the 13th, comes on a Thursday :rolleyes:.

Happy Birthday, Patrick!
Willie:
The elevator is taking shape, the truck project is informative. Never thought about it. Great idea.

I go to see the orthopedic Doc this morning, then I have a few stops to make. The wife has a meeting with the folks at the nursing facility this afternoon. By the end of the day we will know the next step with the MIL.

later.

All the rain the east coast has been getting of late has dealt with most of the fires. I heard one report that said 30 had been put out in 1 day down south. There's also been a Cat 3 Cyclone tracking down through the Coral Sea, off the coast, bringing more. Once again, the heaviest has managed to miss us. Another 11" in 24hrs just to the north and 3.5" in an hour to the South. Lots of thunder all about, but distant. The forecast over the weekend and through next week is for more but with Sunny breaks. Not looking forward to that much either, it's steamy now. Sauna time.

Morning from the West - 39 as of this time going to 70 they say with clear, sunny skies.
FLO - I'll take some biscuits and gravy this morning with a glass of OJ; oh, OK, throw a handful of bacon on the plate too!

I was going to have some pic to post this morning but fell asleep around 8 pm after a big fried chicken dinner last evening.
I went with the neighbor on a project yesterday - then went to get some firewood from a friend of his who had cut down some really giant eucalyptus trees ... decided that I will take sparing wood as most are either cut too long, or it needs splitting - which I really don't want to do anymore plus it is all on a steep hillside - just too hard to get to. I am not 20 anymore and just can't do it!

Willie - I picked up a couple of porterhouse steaks at the market yesterday at less than 1/2 of the asking price (last day of use by date) - the original price was $25.16 - my price was $8.77. Probably should have emptied the counter - I always fail to do that when I should. My freezer works just fine! Happy Birthday to Arlean if I failed to mention.

Curt - good luck with the remodel - you have really been busy lately - I still have failed to "muck out" the garage - life keeps getting in the front. The Spousal Unit has MOM duty starting today until Monday, so I should be able to get a few things done without "yes dear" cropping up!

DAVE - That is a really exciting photo! Do you have a few more of those gems to share with us? How about this one?
1581607363188.png

Good morning. 27 degrees to start off the day. May make it into the mid 30's. While lying in bed before falling asleep I make a mental list of things to to for the next day and come up with a few hundred but luckily when I wake up the next morning, I forgot what they were.

Didn't get down to the train room yesterday. Was busy making calls to shops trying to get an estimate of the Studebaker build. It doesn't look good. I have gotten estimates at over $250,000. Way out of my pay grade, but after all of the work it took to get my '59 Impala built, I can see it. If I were a decade or more younger, I would start the project out in my shop in a heartbeat.

Jim - Hope you guys didn't over do things on your trip. Doesn't look like it.

Sherrel - Your bank was on their toes catching the credit card fraud. I order my Oxford Die Cast directly from the UK and I'll get a text wanting me to confirm or deny the transaction usually in less than a minute. Good to have protection with all of the thieves running around.

Jim - I see you are going about your town layout pretty well the same way I did. Here are some old photos.

IMAG0054.jpg IMAG0047.jpg
IMAG0057.jpg attachment.php.jpg45.jpgattachment.php.jpg 1.jpg thumbnail_20200128_162610.jpg

It took a while but was worth the effort.

Joe - Really like the Reading photos, especially the electric commuter train. Thumb up.gif

Beady - If there's no bathroom in the basement, you can always tie it in a knot until the next trip up stairs.

Willie - I have had to take a few vehicles apart. The Oxford 57 Dodge pickups as well as the Mini Metals 57 Chevy pickups were crooked and had to be taken apart and straightened out. The safety cage is looking good. Nice work.

Patrick - 548.gif

Going to meet my buddy on out Friday night bowling team for lunch. We have been trying out all of the burger joints in town and have found out favorite. They probably have two dozen or more micro brews available.

Here's a photo, not train related. This is the screw (propeller) on the carrier Harry S Truman.

84403600_10215105000289425_7871842779100348416_n.jpg

Later

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back