Running Bear's December 2022 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good afternoon.

We are having dinner with my Endocrinologist, her hubby and a coaching friend and his wife on Sunday here at our place. I will ask her about the scheduling as I think it’ ridiculous that her regular patients can’t see her every six months that the insurance allows. I really dislike the video conference appointments. I understood it during Covid, but not now. She is good, but not as good as the guy I had for years in the Marshfield Clinic system. The 1st appointment for him was a year out and then every six months like clock work and the Clinic scheduled them around my schedule.

My A1C was at 6.4 and she is hoping the Ozempic will bring it down into the 5’s and help lose the next 20#s. I started carb counting in January 2022 and I am a believer. I have cut the white bread out but still do multigrain, sourdough or rye. But, within my carb limits of 40 each for breakfast & lunch. Dinner is at 90 carbs. 170 total all day! There are 2 things I really miss. French fries and baked potatoes. I still have them, just not often. But if there is a white baked potato I might eat 1/2 and FF, 10 maximum. I thought I would miss my morning cereal and milk, the milk sort of but the cereal I do not miss. No 1% milk in the house now, just unsweetened almond milk for me. 1/2 gallon lasts a good 2 weeks or more. I used to drink 1 gallon a week 1% white…

Isn’t life grand?

I have been warned about nausea from Ozempic. If I vomit I have to call in and chances are they will discontinue it. Vomiting is BAD, is what I was told.

Sleep pattern now is generally hit the bed between 11:30 and midnight. Sleeping sound till 4 and toss and turn to 5:30 to get out of bed for exercise and internet. Because exercise with the therapist is every other day at 7:15 I have been able to stay in bed till 6:30. I cannot read or browse the internet in bed, I’ve tried, its not for me.

Thoughts so far after walking the French Quarter - some parts, like Louis Armstrong park, are nice.

It's crowded, noisy, and stinky. Def has a sewer gas odor, and piles of "ralph" at the odd street corner, and, all sorts of wacky tobacky

I chuckled as I went on my morning walk. Rounded a corner onto Bourbon St., and a young man had a "fun cigarette" lit, but his hand held a wad of smouldering Sage (used in religious/rituals - usually pagan - for cleansing bad vibes and such.)

I wanted to tell him it would a lot more than that amount of sage to clean up the French Quarter.

But it did smell better than light night's recycled beer.
We used to love the French Quarter. I don’t think it’s old age but the smells are not worth the fun anymore

take a carriage tour, well worth it. Catch them in front of the cathedral square

Afternoon all,

Not much going on right this minute. Took the grandson to a scout event at the Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception for a Boy Scout event about Fr. Emil Kapaun and why he's up for sainthood. Kind of interesting to see all the stuff that goes on to be declared a saint. Also interesting to see the politics of the church and why some are declared within months of their deaths and others take years.

Got a new shop vacuum while I was gone and now have it set up.

Had to cancel and reorder the gear lube. Funny how we lost track of it somewhere on the east coast when it started in a warehouse in Dallas. Amazon's been good about it taking too long to get, but I am trying to figure out why it was lost over the East coast when Dallas is about 300 miles south.

Good afternoon, all! Ok, it's December, time for Christmas decorations. I'm sitting here, drinking my third bottle of water, sweat dripping. I finished putting the lights up, but it's 85 degrees and 89% humidity.

David - nice to see you back
Christian - a very nice looking pup
Willie - I guess you ran out of blue paint on the back wall backdrop
TomO - If it's white I don't eat it, potato, rice, pasta and bread. That said, there are some pretty good substitutes out there. Recently came across a keto bread, 11 carb, no sugar that makes a good french toast. Use Walden Farms sugar free syrup.

No progress on Val-U structure. Maybe I'll get some time tomorrow.

STAY SAFE
LATER

Willie, Up late due to concern over the Weather app report. Well shortly after my last post about the possible storm the drips started !
Fortunately they always happen in the same locations so I have empty ice cream pails there to catch the drips.subsibit arted at about 3:15 Am and had me going till 5:00 but subsided giving me time to sleep till about 7:30 and started again but only for a short bit, then again 10:30 but just a brief light shower.

I want to ask you if you've heard anything about an alleged financial reset of our monetary system. I keep seeing add from some alleged expert but think it's all Hype ! ?

Oh, you mentioned a short back about your blood pressure, Nattokinase is an all natural health food supplement that cleans out your veins and arteries for increased blood flow along with being a bit of a blood thinner. Maybe this might help you ?

Last edited:
Good evening,

Rgeiter: we had similar ideas today

I got my outdoor fence done (no pic) but also added to some scenes on my layout also harvested and processed 11,700 board feet of sawlogs:

IMG_2915twighwr.JPG

IMG_2921r.JPG

These are 16' long sawlogs, 16" to 4' in diameter HO scale.

Also got the cattle on the pasture:

cows 1 r.JPG

cows2r.JPG

TomO - I cannot read or eat in bed myself. Wife wants to read in bed always had to hook up a special light for her. She usually only does that when she goes to bed before me (rarely).

Have a good night all!

Dave LASM

Well, we made it to Juan's Flying Burrito here in NOLA.

Thought I was safe ordering a Western Burrito.

burrito.jpg

Normally, I have post-nasal drip after eating. Nope not this time. Someone turned the front of the nose on, and it didn't stop until I stopped eating the burrito.

Settled in for an evening of nothing much. Not interested in seeing the drunks recycling their beer and daiquiris on Bourbon Street.

Afternoon All,

Missed yesterday because I was feeling poorly and spent most of the day in bed. I feel better today but still some fatigue which has caused me to take a 2 hour nap earlier. Today I did do a morning walk and some minor chores. I plan on sitting on my butt the rest of the day. Maybe my afternoon coffee will pick me up a bit.

Willie- Nice scenes. What's your radius of the curve in the background? I would either try NJI (my pick) or BLMA for the signals.

TomO- Sounds like you're doing great with your diabetes. It's the reason I started walking in the morning.

Todd- My wife takes Ozempic but it causes her nausea and vomiting several hours after eating. This started with this drug. I've been trying to get her to talk to her doctor but you can guess how that goes 👎.

Christian- Beautiful pup.

Troy- Have a great cruise.

Snowman- Take care of your Mom, that's what matters most.

Dave- Nice set of locos.

I hope everyone has a good night.
Curt: reduce the dose, let her get used to it. I started on 25(what ever) and binged up from there. Never had any problems. Course, that is me and ima tough critter

Later

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back