Running Bear's December 2021 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Day Lady & Gents
Christmas Eve update on my slooooow moving railroad. About a 1.5 years ago I aquired a couple cheap Herpa lowbeds with jeeps. The plan was to make what we call a "west coast baby 9 axle" out of them. Last week, I got busy & its almost done. The Peterbilt found its way into my stocking so I hooked it up and heres what it looks like. Not a lot of time or $$ but it fits on my layout. It will be moving machines off flatcars to the Cat dealership.
Hope everyone has a great Christmas. I really enjoy everybodys contributions here.
View attachment 137573View attachment 137574View attachment 137575
That’s a good looking rig I like the jeep dolly’s

Last edited:
1640377805906.png

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

The reason I like this coffee lounge so much is because I do not see people judge, they look for the positive,offer helpful advice when possible no snarky comments, seeing the best in people and sharing their bad blows where some cares enough to offer condolences, I tell you you do not see this very often. I can and produce some photos of creditable work,but pop up a Dalek or similar and some stick up their xxxxxxx have a total fit and want to get into it, one time a whole bundle turned on me when I put it up on a realistic thread,then others who rarely post came out of the woodwork show cases where there has been in reallife full size Dalek sand other promotional models, dinosaurs for one, I won the argument but by hell the top modellers who had been nice to me were really really shitty, and I just thought stuff you you small minded nasty little shixx. And ‘I am ashamed to say UK forums are often the stick up their xxxxx and US are much more friendly, Europeans may be but I can’t follow the conversations, and then I am as bad because I often see their layouts and think them quite p,asticky, so don’t throw stones at greenhouses unless your perfect, and I think the only perfect person was crucified…..Christmas the perfect time for goodwill to all men and women.

edited….sorry about the stood on cardboard box rant, but picking on an individual i]to my mind is totally sxxxy
Didn‘t realize you were on a rant. This is a laid back forum and to me that besides the good modelers who will share, the mods are great and realistic folks
TomO

Afternoon All,

Well today started out great. I ran 8 steamers and 2 diesels across the TT bridge to their storage tracks. I moved my 2 GP7's to the diesel facility. After that I put my large diesel consists in their storage tracks. After that I started getting intermittent shorts shutting down the layout. Merry Christmas to me 😢. I pulled everything off one at a time and got a power change 2 times (1 off the TT and 1 on the diesel storage tracks). So, I was looking at some wiring and my dad shows up. After telling him the problem he responded "you should rewire everything"😒 Thanks dad for your input (said to myself). So, Sunday I have 2 places to investigate. HO HO HO.

I won't be in tomorrow so MERRY CHRISTMAS or whatever you celebrate. I hope everyone has a joyous holiday.

Mikey- Sorry no photos today. Hopefully Sunday.

Jaz- The abandoned scene looks awesome. I'm the only one in the family that likes mincemeat. I'm not sure if it's the same thing.

TomO- I've had to do that more than once.

Karl- That's a big cat!

Willie- Nice Christmas scene.

Dave- Interesting truck set-up.

George- That would be a real wake up call.

I hope everyone has a good night. Don't stay up too late so Santa can bring you MRR'ing things.

I get that from time to time from a friend. Anything acts up on the layout, he suggests I pull all the wiring out and redo it in correct colors. Yeah, I'll just pull the 700+ feet of #12 main buss and drop wires off and scrap all that then reinstall with red and white wires instead.
Pretty much like asking for experienced help on an issue here. Ya get suggestions to try this or that yet they've never done it themselves. Be sure to let em know how it turns out because they don't really know if it will work.

Good afternoon and a MERRY CHRISTMAS to all.

We very sorry to hear that we lost Garry. Heard about it from his son.

I haven't been around the forum for a while as I am still going through withdrawal from the loss of my layout plus finding a new place to live. Put the house on the market and it sold in three days over the Thanksgiving weekend. Had a bit of a bidding war. My kids suggested that I find a place to rent here but the ridiculous rents here didn't sit right at over $2,000 a month.

I have been traveling back and forth to Libby, MT which is about a 400 mile trip one way and finally decided to buy a condo up there until my son finds a place to live up there. I do feel bad for the poor dogs having to make the six plus hour trip but they have been great.

I will part with a few photos from the Logan Valley archive.

20180211_132140.jpg
thumbnail_20190824_171933.jpg
thumbnail_20191023_133158.jpg
thumbnail_20200328_121453.jpg
thumbnail_20210313_120528.jpg
thumbnail_20210328_131017.jpg
thumbnail_20210328_131743.jpg
thumbnail_20210313_133032.jpg
thumbnail_20210328_131244.jpg

I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

istockphoto-883796952-612x612.jpg

The reason I like this coffee lounge so much is because I do not see people judge, they look for the positive,offer helpful advice when possible no snarky comments, seeing the best in people and sharing their bad blows where some cares enough to offer condolences, I tell you you do not see this very often. I can and produce some photos of creditable work,but pop up a Dalek or similar and some stick up their xxxxxxx have a total fit and want to get into it, one time a whole bundle turned on me when I put it up on a realistic thread,then others who rarely post came out of the woodwork show cases where there has been in reallife full size Dalek sand other promotional models, dinosaurs for one, I won the argument but by hell the top modellers who had been nice to me were really really shitty, and I just thought stuff you you small minded nasty little shixx. And ‘I am ashamed to say UK forums are often the stick up their xxxxx and US are much more friendly, Europeans may be but I can’t follow the conversations, and then I am as bad because I often see their layouts and think them quite p,asticky, so don’t throw stones at greenhouses unless your perfect, and I think the only perfect person was crucified…..Christmas the perfect time for goodwill to all men and women.

edited….sorry about the stood on cardboard box rant, but picking on an individual i]to my mind is totally sxxxy
We’re all a big happy family here when one hurts we all hurt. I’m not near as good as some of these guys on here and have different ideas about Rolling stock and my layout but they always will throw you a like or comment they never judge. I enjoy it here and always have and that will never change. The guys on here are the same as they were the day I join years ago. Glad you like it here and keep posting we all enjoy your stuff.

No need for embarrassment. I have posted several rehabs of structures that I originally built 30+ years ago. I may have some that you have.
As Willie stated, we all had to start somewhere.
This is the updated and detailed diner I built in 1993 from a German streetcar model. It is still on the club layout.
I have tried to update the sign but we used to have a non-diner cafe in the area called the Roadkill Cafe. Some older members remember the hand painted sign for the old cafe.

Attachments

• fight scene.JPG
    fight scene.JPG
    592.5 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
IMG_20211224_162759.jpg

I managed to get a picture as my wife was removing the goodies from the table to get it set for dinner. Stuffed cabbage, Hungarian style. I can say the name of it but forget spelling it so I'm sticking with stuffed cabbage. I also have a baked ham with au gratin potatoes, that is for me and my grandson. Maryland/Hungarian Christmas Eve dinner.

We lost my cousin David today after a tough battle with cancer. He was only 57.
Have a blessed night Everybody!

Good afternoon and a MERRY CHRISTMAS to all.

We very sorry to hear that we lost Garry. Heard about it from his son.

I haven't been around the forum for a while as I am still going through withdrawal from the loss of my layout plus finding a new place to live. Put the house on the market and it sold in three days over the Thanksgiving weekend. Had a bit of a bidding war. My kids suggested that I find a place to rent here but the ridiculous rents here didn't sit right at over $2,000 a month.

I have been traveling back and forth to Libby, MT which is about a 400 mile trip one way and finally decided to buy a condo up there until my son finds a place to live up there. I do feel bad for the poor dogs having to make the six plus hour trip but they have been great.

I will part with a few photos from the Logan Valley archive.

View attachment 137578View attachment 137579View attachment 137580View attachment 137581View attachment 137582View attachment 137583View attachment 137584View attachment 137585View attachment 137586

I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

View attachment 137587
Sorry to hear this Chet. I missed what happened to Garry cab you say what happened? Hood you get settled and build another layout. Merry Christmas Chet.

View attachment 137588
I managed to get a picture as my wife was removing the goodies from the table to get it set for dinner. Stuffed cabbage, Hungarian style. I can say the name of it but forget spelling it so I'm sticking with stuffed cabbage. I also have a baked ham with au gratin potatoes, that is for me and my grandson. Maryland/Hungarian Christmas Eve dinner.

We lost my cousin David today after a tough battle with cancer. He was only 57.
Have a blessed night Everybody!
The table looks good making me very hungry. We’re having finger foods here. Sorry to hear about your cousin your in my prayers.

Merry Christmas, friends.
I won't be in again until I can get a new hard-drive. Mine cratered over night.
I'm sending a Merry Christmas from an ancient notebook that took some hrs just to access the forum. Everything is working slooow!
The best for all of you!
Have a great Christmas!

Merry Christmas to all!

One service in the books! Now home for a homemade Greek Chicken Soup and bread and back here at 2100 (9pm) to get ready for the 10:30 service. Tomorrow morning at 10:00am and then Christmas with the daughters. Son still will not share our company <SIGH>

"The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it."

Merry Christmas!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back