Running Bear's December 2020 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seven 2-8-8-2 Mallet Articulateds were purchased from American Locomotive Works in 1910 and were the largest in the world when first purchased. However, according to various publications they proved unsatisfactory for the intended purposes and were relegated to mine runs in the Alabama coalfields west of Birmingham. These were the only articulated engines purchased by the Frisco.

SLSF 2001 Springfield, Missouri
1608871136906.png

Seven 2-8-8-2 Mallet Articulateds were purchased from American Locomotive Works in 1910 and were the largest in the world when first purchased. However, according to various publications they proved unsatisfactory for the intended purposes and were relegated to mine runs in the Alabama coalfields west of Birmingham. These were the only articulated engines purchased by the Frisco.

SLSF 2001 Springfield, Missouri
View attachment 122329
Looks like some great Hot Rod material parked behind it too.

Wednesday Thursday Friday it's only 38* here. Tonight 'possed to get down to 31.
Hope the reindeer hooves didn't tear up any rooftops..

GARRY-Lost the post re-your loss of your friend. Condolences to you and his family.
Wish every ones dreams come true. Stay healthy and play with your trains.
Phil

Good morning gang and Merry Christmas to all.
It stopped raining here and is just above freezing. Getting ready to see the grandkids in a few, then back home to relax for a bit.

Had a little excitement with 3 turkey buzzards attacking the big dog when he went out for his morning poop this morning. Sharon went after them armed with a swiffer, I followed with the "baby" rifle. Short story, dog ok, wife ok, 1 buzzard dispatched, 2 fled.
I'll be watching from the deck next few times the dogs go out.

The cute girl in the red dress left me these (I ordered them, but they're from her)

Screen Shot 2020-12-25 at 8.55.43 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-25 at 9.24.09 AM.png

As for last night, our annual Christmas Eve pizza dinner was a bit of a fiasco.

Moving to a new city in the Bible Belt meant finding a Pizza Joint that was open on Christmas eve.

Only the big chains were. Understandable. Mom & Pop places usually aren't open except in major metros like LA.

So I put in an order with Dominos at 5.... the online tracker shows the pie is out at 5:18.... At 6:02 I call the store to ask if they have drivers, since my pie is now 40 minutes in the warmer...

But, no answer... just the automated commercial recordings for 5 minutes... What to do? Was the store even open? We are in the Bible Belt after all... Should I Drive to the store? I'd probably cross paths with the driver - if they have one.

at 6:15 I call the other chain that is even closer to our location (Hungry Howies) They're open to 7 happy to get us a pie!
at 6:18 the Dominos tracker announces that driver is on the way...

Pizza races!

The Dominos arrived stone cold 15 minutes later. They did send along two salads we hadn't asked for, and emailed us an offer for 20% off our next meal. Sorry. I hit the online rating (one star), and asked for a refund (minus the driver tip... no reason he should suffer due to bad management at the store).

Ten minutes after our stone-cold Dominos pie arrived, a hot fresh Hungry Howie pie arrived. The driver got an extra 10$ for working the holiday and for being on time.

Wife said she was heading to bed, so we skipped out on watching the Muppet's Christmas Carol ... I'll catch that later today, along with Raphie and his Red Ryder BB Gun with the compass in the stock. Wife has been quarantining so she can go see her mother. (I'm almost quarantined, but someone has to get the groceries - so I go at the off times and stay far away from people.)

Anyway, it's just a thought. Y'all have a Merry/Happy Christmas, a festive yule. And I triple dog dare you to stick your tongue to your frozen festivus pole!

Merry Christmas, Everyone!!

Everything in town is closed today; I'm glad the coffee shop is still open! I'll have one of those weird coffee with whipped cream on top, just because it's Christmas.

Since we are isolating, I thought I'd go on a lonely adventure today and try getting good photos of an engine I saw in town yesterday.
While we were driving out to the lake yesterday, we were stopped at a crossing waiting for this C40-8W to pass by:
CN2456_12-24-2020.jpg

That's a real crappy, quick through the truck window shot of CN in blue. I had to get a photo, though, just incase she was leaving town.
I'm going to go out today, and see if she is still in the local yard. If so, I'll get some better photos; and risk another $600.00 trespass ticket.

Have a wonderful Christmas day, everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back