Running Bear's December 2019 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
So good that something good is good to the end of the good year.
I had something like that on a set of Goodyear tires, went something like "It's a good year, when a Goodyear tire saves you". I had 3 with good treads, blow out on me, one after the other over a couple of months. So, I figured I'd replace that 3rd one and the other one opposite it before the 4th deserted me. (The 3rd one looked like someone had destroyed it with a light saber)

I had something like that on a set of Goodyear tires, went something like "It's a good year, when a Goodyear tire saves you". I had 3 with good treads, blow out on me, one after the other over a couple of months. So, I figured I'd replace that 3rd one and the other one opposite it before the 4th deserted me. (The 3rd one looked like someone had destroyed it with a light saber)
My truck has Goodyear tires, I think they're Wrangler type. Goodyear trailer tires have a pretty bad reputation for coming apart without warning. They've developed a new type, in hope of being more reliable.
We'll see.

Good Morning Everyone. 38° and clear, If the forecast holds true, we're in for more than a week of moderate weather coming up. Overnight lows in the 38°-45° range with daytime highs in the 56°-67° range; mostly sunny the whole time. No snow here! Quite a busy day yesterday with all of the kids/spouses and grandkids coming by to pick up their granddogs. Great time the last two weeks, but I will not miss the surprise cold wet noses, the incessant slapping from wagging tails, or the constant dancing of bodies around my feet when attempting to walk. Thankfully all arrived after I finished my nap.

Thanks for all of the recent likes and comments;m Tom, Jerome Jim, Phil, Chad, Curt.
It looks like a couple of days coming up with little to no train shed activity, :rolleyes: I guess that there is another side of life. Took some kind of pictures out there yesterday, but left the camera (and my phone) there, and I don't remember what those pictures were!

Sherrel - Well that rainstorm oughta give that bean tree some nourishment.
Tom - I didn't realize that all of these water main repairs were not your plumbing.

Everybody have a great Sunday.

WILLIE - That dammed tree doesn't need any help!! If you look at that photo from yesterday, my neighbor to the right there has one too. I see that his overhangs his fence the same as mine - which is outta sight more to the right of the photo.

Beautiful morning here ... time to dig out the Christmas Decor boxes and set up the Christmas Tree ... (is that a religious statement?)

WILLIE - That dammed tree doesn't need any help!! If you look at that photo from yesterday, my neighbor to the right there has one too. I see that his overhangs his fence the same as mine - which is outta sight more to the right of the photo.

Beautiful morning here ... time to dig out the Christmas Decor boxes and set up the Christmas Tree ... (is that a religious statement?)

I did the digging out and set up yesterday in between postings.
Whether it's a religious statement or not depends on one's point of view. The City of Pittsburgh has gone as far as to call it "Sparkle Season". :rolleyes: So you dug out the Sparkle Decor boxes and set up the Sparkle Tree. Did you have your sunglasses on? ;):)

Good morning all. Welcome to December, only 24 days till the fat guy comes. Today is simply beautiful! Bright and sunny 68 degrees, low humidity and a northerly breeze. I'm guessing train time will be at a minimal for a few weeks what with shopping, decorating and visiting. I did receive a Kato road crossing. It isn't American, but I placed it towards the back and it gives the impression of one. It was a gift, and it's the thought that counts. Later.

Jim: Just a quick comment on pipe failures before brunch is served.

One other major failure of underground ductile iron piping is the corrosion of the fastener bolts and nuts, Electrolysis caused the nuts and bolts to disintegrate and eventually fall apart. One method is to "Bag", in plastic, the pipe connections prior to the pipe being buried. Pipe and fasteners in cray soils have the greatest problems.

The water mains we deal with were installed in the 1950's. We replacement them with PVC in 1980's.

The ductile iron pipes were buried seven feet below grade to avoid problems with frost. 10 inch mains and 6 inch laterals. This system served the complex's domestic water and fire system.

Greg

Last edited:
Just another chamber of commerce day. 78* at noon-clear and sunny. However, Monday and Tuesday highs only about 608 falling 40 or lower at night. Must be winter.
Wish all a pleasant day and a safe, warm week.
Phil

MY RELATIONSHIP WITH WHISKEY IS ON THE ROCKS

Good morning to all. Started off at +2 and have warmed (?) up to 18. If it get near 30 I may go out and plow the driveway. If not, it the snow will still be there tomorrow.

December is her along with all of the TV adds trying to entice Christmas shoppers to buy what ever they are hawking without mentioning the work Christmas, with one exception, Hobby Lobby.

I sound like a grinch.

Later

Good morning/afternoon/who cares? 34° and the kind of snow that leaves the pavement bare but coats the lawn. I've slept 20 hours a day for the last four days; I have no idea why, unless I'm estavating (google it). Last Tuesday, helped my BIL get my MIL's bedroom ready to have her new hospital bed delivered. MIL (96 yo) didn't take kindly to it; she is accusing us of stealing her old bed and selling it on ebay. Sigh. Before that, took the wife to Bronner's, the worlds largest Christmas store: $435. Sigh.

FB_IMG_1575225290408.jpg

Jim: Just a quick comment on pipe failures before brunch is served.

One other major failure of underground ductile iron piping is the corrosion of the fastener bolts and nuts, Electrolysis caused the nuts and bolts to disintegrate and eventually fall apart. One method is to "Bag", in plastic, the pipe connections prior to the pipe being buried. Pipe and fasteners in cray soils have the greatest problems.

The water mains we deal with were installed in the 1950's. We replacement them with PVC in 1980's.

The ductile iron pipes were buried seven feet below grade to avoid problems with frost. 10 inch mains and 6 inch laterals. This system served the complex's domestic water and fire system.

Greg
The bagging makes sense, as plastic lasts longer than iron. Interesting.

Good morning to all. Started off at +2 and have warmed (?) up to 18. If it get near 30 I may go out and plow the driveway. If not, it the snow will still be there tomorrow.

December is her along with all of the TV adds trying to entice Christmas shoppers to buy what ever they are hawking without mentioning the work Christmas, with one exception, Hobby Lobby.

I sound like a grinch.

Later
Bad enough we have to watch those TV commercials, but most of them are the ones they ran the last
couple of years. :rolleyes:
And you ain't no grinch.

MY RELATIONSHIP WITH WHISKEY IS ON THE ROCKS

That's the only way to have a relationship with whiskey!

Beady - there's no iron like old iron and up close makes it even better. great photo!

The Mrs. and I have been to Bronners. That place is amazing. She's been throwing "hints" around about
going back :rolleyes: Maybe in the spring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back