Running Bear's Coffee Shop XLV

Good Evening Guys:

Garry: Now that's my type of passenger train - and it fits on my layout :rolleyes:.
Corey: Good to know the layout works....you realize you will have to clean the track eventually, right?....:rolleyes:.

Spent the morning paying bills, then the afternoon fixing the vacuum cleaner, cleaning the new coffee maker, and syncing the new remote to the new cable box and new TV......(old TV gave up the ghost). Kept me busy on a rainy day.

Joe

Good morning gang....it's Friday!!

3454.1402688058_zpsmkyiyuza.jpg

The "Valley" eastbound sits on the main to foul the engine track as Engineer Rude walks the consist giving his power a once over. That may be the inbound "Valley" power from Chicago on the engine track as at the time the rebuilt geep 9-20's were being used from Louisville to Wausau. We went from wagons to rebuilt geeps to GP38's/U23B's on the "Valley" until the SOO took over in 85...

Wish you all a pleasant day and a great weekend!

Slept in this morning. Got up at 2:45. Went to the dining hall, turned on the lights and both TV's then made a slow trip down each hall before going back to my room. My roommate was still asleep. Sounded like he was sleeping good as the saws were running at full speed. No plans for today except to keep the positive attitude up.

NKP765_ENGLISHLAKEIN_zpsfef76c78.png

Good Morning! Today is Fri 11/7/14.

Cold with a high of 46. No agenda for today.

BLUECOFFEEMAN.png

TRAIN_ROUNDANDROUND.png

Tipton.gif

Temperature in TIPTON IN

Good Morning Everybody!

49 with clear skies in south east Baltimore.

Jeffery now you are on my sleep schedule, I consider 2AM a fair time to get up, better then midnight!

Have a great day everyone.

Good morning folks.

It's our last day of 50 degrees before heading to our first cold weather of the year. Highs in the 20's by next week.

I started the slow process of diagnosing scenery and building destruction from the move. A few of my buildings were not built quite as well as I had previous believed. The good news is, I get to build them again! That's cheap modeling right there. I also know that the track pieces that I spliced in to reconnect the sections may need some tweaking. That's alright, I was just happy to run a loco and two box cars around the mainline. Now I can call my nephew and let him know the trains are running. He's been waking up at 5 in the morning on the weekends, asking his mother if she'd call me to see if the trains are running yet. He's actually one of the reasons I willed myself to rebuild the thing. Soldering track and wiring are by far my least favorite part of model railroading. I'm just happy I didn't screw up my new wiring as bad as I could of(famous last words)!

Time to go sell cars. Have a good day everyone!

Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning, and Happy Friday! It's 47 and sunny at the Jersey Shore.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Joe

We're pretty warm for the morning, 50 degrees, but things don't look good for next week, highs in the 20's and single digits for the lows. Guess I shouldn't complain as we have normally had a few snow falls by now, but nothing this years.

This picture is for Milwaukee Road 113. Started as an undecorated Athearn unit, custom painted and detailed from photos of an actual locomotive I had. Over 25 years old but still running like a swiss watch.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Morning All,

Only things planned for today are to put together a case MOH ordered for her sewing room and tonight we are meeting some friends for drinks and supper. All the modeling and 1:1 pictures have been great. I am officially done with my daughters bathroom repair. Shower is in and working, toilet is in and working, a new light is in and working. It just needs paint and they can handle that. Tomorrow is the train club. I think it's ops night which I normally don't do, but will this month since I have not been there for 3 weeks.

Jeff- I am glad you are doing well and are keeping your positive attitude.

Terry- hope your wife is getting around OK with the cane.

I hope everyone has a good day.

Montanan ... I like your MILW switcher. It's probably good for another 25 years.
Cory ... Have fun rebuilding your buildings.
Bill ... I like the photo of the Berkshire.
Milwaukee Road 113 ... I like the old photo of MILW

Here is a shot I took several years ago at the St Louis museum before the Aerotrain locomotive was restored.

aerotrain.jpg

Here is a photo from the internet of this locomotive after being restored.

Aerotrain_1950s_stylin_zpsd82f83c6.jpg

Great postings and photos, all!
Great hearing from you, Jeff. Stay ahead of them and don't look back.
You fellers up Nawth! Better check the anti-freeze!

It is gonna get cold up here but the snow will miss us, 50 miles east and they will get over a foot.

I am going to the cabin for a couple days and there is enough firewood cut and split there to last me a year!!! It is tough to beat old fashioned wood heat, especially when it comes to arthritis!!

Keep the trains a runnin--lasm

Keep the white stuff there, we'll get more than our share soon enough. Could drop into the single digits for lows next week with highs in to 20's. S**w is possible.

Since y'all are talking snow, I just bought a replacement snow shovel, and some calcium chloride. Now all I have to do is get a new drive belt for my snow thrower. Once I'm set, the probability of having significant snow diminishes.

I don't even own a snow shovel. I put a plow on my garden tractor and if things get bad, I go to the shop and get the big toys out.

attachment.php
attachment.php

I use the snow shovel exclusively. No carbon footprint (tongue in cheek). Actually, too cheap and my tummy getting too big. lasm

This picture is for Milwaukee Road 113. Started as an undecorated Athearn unit, custom painted and detailed from photos of an actual locomotive I had. Over 25 years old but still running like a swiss watch.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Very nice work, very nice indeed!
Tempted to get a couple of undecorated GP9 and SD9's, for their GP20 and SD10's, but need some practice on some for my own company first....lol
Not to mention their RSC-2.5's, but that's way.....well, you know, far too advanced for now! ;):D

2141.1229664402_zpsl4wlffoq.jpg

For lunch today we had fried catfish and hushpuppies. Now the nurse can't figure out why my blood sugar level is over 500. Duh! Having crab salad, garden salad and a zest cookie for dinner tonight. Got a new guy in the home today. He spends a lot of time talking about his favorite subject. Himself. When he gets to the end of the line he starts over. Same subject, no changes. I've been looking for his volume control. He's hard of hearing and assumes everybody else is too. As he launched into the twelth retelling of the recent points of his life a woman at the next table turned around and told him to shut his yap or she'd come over and nail it shut for him! Maggie Davis looks like Mt Everest with legs! Even I'm not big enough to scare her off. The guy started to say something and I waved a finger at him and he shut up and the other diners applauded.

I'm not fond of snow. I saw plenty when I was in Michigan.

I am also not fond of catfish and hush puppies like Jeff had.

I worked on the layout today laying more track.

Anybody have aver model railroad plans for the weekend?

Back