Running Bear's Coffee Shop XLV

Something heard in this retirement home and mainly from me when the phone rings is 'Joe's crab shack, we got legs!'. It frequently gets a laugh.

Jeff .... That was funny.

I like all the photos of prototype fallen flags. .... Keep it up !

The murder I mentiond is published now in People Magazine online. ... This little town will be in shock for a long time. ... Araignment was today. Bail is set at $5.0 million. The alleged killer is charged with 4 murders and 1 kidnapping. Each one carries a death penality if convicted. The kidnapping was his own sister who he bound with duck tape before her murder. ..... Funeral procession through town had well over 100 vehicles for the 3 family members who were victims.

Last edited by a moderator:
Curt, I pulled the 4719 into my photo program and adjusted/enhanced the image for better clarity and could plainly see that this Loco has three fairly large central drivers as well as the two heavy duty trucks on either end. It was hard for me to tell if the three large drivers were flanged or blind but it would seem that for these locos to be able to negotiate any halfway tight radius the drivers must be blind or there must have been a fair amount of sideways movement of the lead and rear trucks, at least it would seem so?

The 4719 I find very interesting as it resembles the early AGEIR Box Cab Loco's with the exception of the three large central drivers. Untill I saw these shots I never realized they had those.

Thanks for providing the shots.

Good morning folks!
Not long in from the nightshift....
Have a nice day everybody!

Always room for a '13'!

Scan0674_zpsg6iyia3h.jpg

E-87%20613-707-612%20NinevehNY%2061170_zpsa6qjhrmk.jpg

20DH%20613%20%20MW-2%20RichmondvilleNY_zpsg0pggdir.jpg

RW-6%20613-610-602%20Ararat%20SummitPA_zps0w3keoax.jpg

Vote!

VOTE_zpse942d756.png

Good Morning! Today is Tue 11/4/14.

Some rain with a high of 55. VOTE!

BLUECOFFEEMAN.png

TRAIN_ROUNDANDROUND.png

Tipton.gif

Temperature in TIPTON IN

Good Morning Everyone!

Great Advice Bill, I will cast my vote today and I hope everyone does the same.

I honestly believe if we all vote we can solve some of these problems facing us today. I have faith in my fellow Americans. We have our own crazy left and right extremists, but the majority will come up with the best answers!

Today is a great day to remember all the Veterans who made sure we had the right to vote. Honor them by exercising your right, VOTE!

Good Morning: The Jersey Shore is blessed with a much milder 50° and sunny. We expect temps to rise to the upper 60s.

37-PRR8163RiversidePA0268gf.jpg

Have a great day.

Joe

We're a bit warmer this morning, 30 degrees instead of the 19 we had yesterday.

Ever see a diesel shay ????

attachment.php

MILW 133 .... I like the D&H Alco photos. I hear Canadian Pacific is selling the D&H which it has owned for many years. ... Your last photo shows the bad track conditions of the MILW before the western MILW lines were closed.
Joe ... I like the old Baldwin switcher.
Montanan .... Wow! .... That is an unusual locomotive. A hybrid perhaps.

Here is the combined Empire Builder / North Coast LImited being hauled by E-units on the CB&Q.

QEBNCL_zps8eb47d0e.jpg

Good to see you still can laugh, Jeffrey. Hang in there, buddy.

Still trying to figure out the transmission on that dishay!
Think they need a larger horn! lol

Gerry, great photo!

Still trying to figure out the transmission on that dishay!
Think they need a larger horn! lol

If it was diesel electric, then would only need 1 traction motor, if direct diesel only, then some sort of transmission with a reverse, maybe an adapted planetary type as is used in automatics.
Looks like they managed to get the whole wind section from the Boston Philharmonic mounted on the roof.

Good evening. It's cloudy and 55.
I spoke at length with the folks at BLI about the issues I am having with their equipment. Both engines are going back for repair under warranty. The I1Sa has been back so many times it qualifies for frequent flyer discounts. They told me that if I could find the receipt from when I bought it direct from them, I could exchange it for something else in their refurb store. And of course, that is the one receipt I can't locate...
I modified the cane my wife is going to be using in the house, so she can navigate around the house more easily. Tomorrow, her PT person will start teaching her how to use it.

Yo Garry:

Thanks, that's at Riverside NJ on the old Camden & Amboy, aka the Bordentown Secondary. The Pennsy used their Baldwin S12s like other railroads used their GP7s/GP9s.

I really like the photo of Empire Builder/North Coast Limited behind the Q Es. Domes are one thing we didn't have in these parts until the NEC was undercut and Conrail ran the OCS.

Joe

Guten Abend Muchachos!

I did my duty and voted on the way home from work! All I can tell is that turnout was heavy!!:D

I get to go for my MRI tomorrow, some young female called me today to ask me if I had a Pacemaker or not. I don't model the NYC so I told her.....went right over her head!:rolleyes: Then she asked me if I had ever been a metalworker or a machinist. Not professionally, but I can weld and grind steel into predetermined shapes! Do you need something built or repaired?? After some uneasy laughter on her part she restated my appointment time and reminded me to remove my jewelry before hand. Noserings too huh??....click! Some people have no sense of humor anymore!

However Jeffrey does!! ;) Ya know,,,we do have a Joe's crab shack up in these parts!

97c.jpg

"WM FP7A Cent. NY NRHS Tobyhanna PA Stored 10364 ??
97C" ex MMID 97C, ex W&W 97C, nee MILW 97C

Greetings, shop dwellers! It's calm, cloudy and mild here in the "free" State. I did my civic duty today too, not that I think it will do any good - my district has been gerrymandered in with a large town of people who vote the polar opposite of the way my family and I do. But I at least I've renewed my b**tching license for the next two years!

Karl, good luck with the MRI. That young lass obviously doesn't know a good boxcar when she sees one.

The post-ballasting track cleaning saga continues. My original hope was that I would have the loco terminal all done and get halfway thru Clark Avenue Yard. But I was forced to take the proverbial one-step-backward when I discovered that my SD7 was derailing at a certain spot. Apparently the cork roadbed was distorting [again] and causing one rail to be higher than the other. I had to loosen the ballast with iso'hol, then drive in a few spikes and slide a piece of .040" plastic under ties on the lower side to even out the two rails. Hopefully the track will still be in the right position when the wetted ballast has re-dried.

On the subject of engine terminals, I leave you with this:

3471.1229831469.jpg

...and someday my 1:87 version will look like that (minus the snow)!

Nurses here look great but I don't find them worth chasing. Physical therapy is going well. Yesterday I was doing their exercises while wearing thirty-five pounds of strap-on weights to negate my extra strength over the other participants. Even so I scored well above them. Their average weight lifted was ten pounds to my fifty plus the 35 for a total of 85 pounds. I'm doing better on the walking exercises than they are also. The average for them is thirty feet across the room. Not bad but they have both legs in most cases. My score to date is 65 feet on the walker. Not bad for a man with no legs. Mine is easily the sucess story of the entire class. While the others are trying to regain some of thn mobility they've lost my goal is to become fully independant again. My determination is rubbing off on some of the others as well. Some have changed their goal from achieving partial recovery to get back to doing for themselves again. All they needed was a role model to follow.

Back