Running Bear's Coffee Shop XLIX

We have 9 degrees and sunshine today, supposed to get up into the 30's. It has been really dry here, the lakes are all low but the weatherman said last night we are supposed to have above average precip this spring. Good a guess as any!

I think it is time for my cup of coffee now...

Eric, yes, they still use sand.
As for fueling facilities, I have one from Walthers that is a two track arrangement, with fuel hoses between the tracks, with an above-ground tank to be set off to the side.

Do you have a picture, model # or any links? I'm just not finding anything that piques my interest.
How about a sand facility?
E.

Where's my manners?!
44° and scattered rain here. Much different than the last couple of days.
Borderline freezing tonight for the low. Down in the 20s for tomorrow night's low.
E.

Here you go Eric - http://www.internettrains.com/merch...-2908&Category_Code=HSCSTRKITWALCRR&Featured=

I had to configure mine a bit different due to the space I had available.
The RD-1 is hiding it in the first picture and it's also hard to see in the second. I have it laid out but not yet completed. They also have a sanding tower kit which I haven't built yet.

IMAG0296.jpgLogan 004.jpg

Good morning ! It's 67 and rainy. Scattered showers all day and maybe a high of 78.

Terry-best wishes for you on your trip. Easy on those wet roads.

Bill- Hope you kept coffee for yourself. I did bring pecan coffee cake and donuts.

Phil

Phil .... Thanks for the pecan coffee cake and donuts. .....

Bill ... Your coffee is appreciated.

Chet .... I like the DRGW units in Denver. The train must have just arrived.

That's it. It's still in a box right now. It's on the list of things to do but now that the weather is getting warmer, my time is limited when it comes to the layout unfortunately. I have parts of the kit, the sand house and bin for the dand built and in position, but the towers aren't done yet. Don't want to risk damaging them reaching into the layout putting ground cover down. It is to the stage now where they can be installed as soon as I get the time to build them. I can take a pictures later today and post it if you want.

Cool! Order placed for both kits from MB Klein.

Now to find a power supply to dedicate for lights.....
E

MB Klein is my first place to go. I think I have 2 orders coming from them now. It really stinks not having any hobby shops around. I don't mind ordering from them at all, but there's nothing like holding something in your hands compared to looking at a picture on the internet. When I was in Daytona last month, I visited a few hobby shops and enjoyed seeing first hand some of the new products.

Good morning - Happy Friday! It's 40°, overcast and raining lightly this morning. All of the remaining snow is finally gone.

MB Klein is my first place to go. I think I have 2 orders coming from them now. It really stinks not having any hobby shops around. I don't mind ordering from them at all, but there's nothing like holding something in your hands compared to looking at a picture on the internet. When I was in Daytona last month, I visited a few hobby shops and enjoyed seeing first hand some of the new products.

Amen! Absolute 100% dittos on all that Brother!!!
And that's the EXACT reason I'm not buying any scenery supplies, like ballast and ground cover, until I can put my eyeballs on it.

I do appreciate when you all post pictures of stuff I'm looking for. It really does help.
E.

That's what we're all here for, to help each other. Although I have been in the hobby for decades, the forum has been a big help for me being so far away from any other modelers or hobby shops. I have used a number of ideas I have seen posted and I hope that I have been able to help others new to the hobby. Nothing can be more frustrating to someone new to the hobby to have problems and possibly spending money unnecessarily only to find out that something is of poor quality or possibly won't work for them.

There's nothing better than exchanging ideas and techniques. I was almost at a standstill on my layout for quite a few years because of not having any hobby shops around, but now with the internet retailers and sharing ideas on the forum, I have regained a lot more interest in the hobby.

71 degrees outside. Too nice to be inside. A few more chores to get done before bowling.

Here's the Northern Pacific "Four Aces", the 2626, the first locomotive with Timken roller bearings. I do have a brass model of this one.

four aces, 2626.jpg

I just heard we have a freeze warning for tonight.
It's 55 here but mighty windy making it feel quite chilly.

Good evening.
It's raining and 41.
Did I mention we are at a travel trailer rally? Outdoors?
Supposed to be 27 tonight...

Good evening everybody!

One of the few days I am late coming and Phil brings pecan coffee cake. I've never had that, but I love pecans! It's just as well, it's lent anyway.

Terry keep your wife warm :)

Now I am excited for Easter to come because I am going to ask my wife to make my favorite pie for Easter, pecan pie!

I am going to watch the Ninja Turtles with my grandson and then go to bed.

Have a good night everybody!

Maybe when we all shop at Klein's, we should ask for an extra forum members discount, seeing we do so much promoting :):rolleyes:

Back