Running Bear's Coffee Shop XLIV

COFFEE_POURING-Copy.png

Good Morning!

Today is Fri 10/24/14.

Chance of a little rain with a high of 64. I maybe going to Kokomo to look at some fence today.

BLUECOFFEEMAN.png

TRAIN_ROUNDANDROUND.png

Tipton.gif

Temperature in TIPTON IN

Good morning. Foggy here. ....

Terry ... Good to hear your wife is improving. She is in our prayers.
Jeff ..... . You're a champ. I'm impressed with your progress learning to walk.
Ken ... You asked about the cider mill. We went to Blake's which is about 15 miles north of Mt. Clemens, MI.

Below is a shot of my pumpkin patch I placed next to my branch line this week.

pumpkinscaboose1_zps57832e15.jpg

Good Morning - Happy Friday!

52°, overcast with a cold wind blowing off the ocean. It's quite raw out there right now. Supposed to become sunny and go up to 63° It's supposed to warm up next week.

Garry: That's a nice pumpkin patch along your branchline. I can picture a suddenly busy branch, with extra boxcars to handle the grain harvest. Great modeling.

I still have baseboards to paint today, first I have to go over to the local home centers, and pick up a few things to make the job easier.

I decided not to drive to Timmonium tomorrow. I was looking for coal loads, but I managed to find another way of doing that. Otherwise, I've well overspent my model RR budget for the year and it doesn't make sense to drive 2½ hours one way, to walk around for an hour when I'm not really looking for something.........I pretty much know I'm going to spend something if I'm there....... So, I will use the time to work on my layout. There's a lot to be done.

Have a good weekend.

Joe

Excellent gumbo today. I had two plates. Made twenty feet on the walker today. Also lifted eighty pounds for seven minutes on the weight machine. Chair exercise, I did thirty wheelchair push-ups.

Jeffery that must be some high octane gumbo!

Looking forward to the world series. I am hoping Guthrie can pitch good enough to get the win. The boy struggled for so many years in Baltimore he is due for a big win.

Joe ... Thanks for commenting about my pumpkin scene.

Jeff .. I am impressed you can do so much.

MILW 113 ... The E8 night photo looks great

COFFEE_REFILL.png

Good Morning!

Today is Sat 10/25/14.

Some light AM rain with a high of 73. Working around the yard today.

BLUECOFFEEMAN.png

TRAIN_ROUNDANDROUND.png

Tipton.gif

Temperature in TIPTON IN

Good morning. I'll have cider and a doughnut please.

Has anyone heard from Carey (cjcrescent) ? I met him in Birmingham, AL almost 2 months ago. He posted several weeks ago here that he was not feeling well, and I've not heard from him since. I tried PM'ing but no reply.

Good morning everyone,
Class reunion tonight, SWMBO roped me into set up, so here I sit, after setting up chairs, tables, inflating balloons and other "stuff"! No trains today, but tomorrow I'll be at the Timonium show.
Later!!

Good Afternoon! 64° and sunny today. We were out early, looking for floor tile for our kitchen. plus a couple of other stops. We were back before most of the world woke up.
Unfortunately, we didn't find what we were looking for.

Picked up the Oct/Nov/Dec'14 issue of The Railroad Press at B&N. This magazine has also been picked up by White River Publications, which seems to have become the other Railroad Publisher. One thing I like about this publication, is that I used to work with one of the "resident' authors, and he frequently features photos of familiar scenes, and also familiar faces.

Garry: I do like your layout photos. and your background and scenery.

Karl: Have fun at the reunion tonight.

Later, if the wife is up to it, we may take a ride over to the coast, and take a walk on the Boardwalk. Not many nice days left in this year, before we know it they will be mentioning the "S" word.

Joe

Good afternoon folks.

My wife is working in Duluth MN for two weeks so I decided to visit for the weekend. She had to work today so I spent the afternoon bumming around. Duluth is a very industrial port city on lake superior so it's visual eye candy. Trains everywhere, large loading docks, cool old buildings on the hillside and lake freighters. It's also a beautiful area but that's somewhat secondary for me. I enjoy the big kid toys! I visited an actual hobby shop today! Here I thought they were extinct. On principal, I have to buy something at any real hobby shop I visit. Well, that's probably an excuse to buy something as long as I'm on "vacation"!:D Tomorrow we'll once again visit the railroad museum and possibly go for a train ride. My wife enjoys the real trains so that's good for me! The hotel is paid for by her work and also all of her food. Funny thing is, we'll have to ask for separate checks at dinner! Great idea!

We have the opportunity to move up here for her to advance for work. There are a few problems with that. One, I just started a new job, I'd hate to stick them on their training time they've paid me for. Two, I don't feel like selling our house. It's somewhat mid progress so I don't know if it'd sell for what it should. Three, this area is nice to visit, but I don't know if I want to live in a tourist area. Finally, we're damn near in Canada with a ton of hills and more snow and cold than we deal with in Southern Minnesota(which is terrible already). The winters would be terrible and we' have a four hour drive to see any family. Hmm, I told her boss we would move if they can promise six figures, maybe that's what's happening! In that case, have a fire sale on the house and tell the new boss to stick it!

Have a good day everyone.

Good afternoon folks.

On principal, I have to buy something at any real hobby shop I visit.

I've started to do the same at my (one and only) LHS, even if it's just a 'zine for "letting" me look around. Hope it goes nicely re: possible move. Personally, Mpls. was enough Winter for me though I don't know if Duluth would be worse or better since, you say, there are hills...maybe to block some wind?

Good morning. I'll have cider and a doughnut please.

Has anyone heard from Carey (cjcrescent) ? I met him in Birmingham, AL almost 2 months ago. He posted several weeks ago here that he was not feeling well, and I've not heard from him since. I tried PM'ing but no reply.
I've also sent him a PM with no reply. Of course, my PM box is habitually full, so if he did try, i wouldn't know.

Back