Running Bear's Coffee Shop XLIII

Good morning everyone!

Beautiful day here in south east Baltimore!

I may be going to MB Klein/Model Train Stuff, either this morning or tomorrow morning, I have not decided yet.

If I do I'll wear my Orange Dundalk baseball shirt, I am easy to spot, 6'6', 300lbs, you can't miss me. I'll be the fat and happy guy picking up the Lionel 990 Legacy Command Set I have been waiting over a year for it to come in!

Say hello if you see me!

I use to look pretty good at this weight but I got old, shrank 3 inches, broken down and lazy. Then gravity caught up with me!

Like the old guy Arthur from the "King of Queens" TV show said "it's called gravity Douglas and it's coming for you"

Good Morning. It's 68°, and sunny this morning. it's a Costco day for me, Not nearly as much fun as a visit to MB Klein. Louis, no one will ever miss you in a Orange "Dundalk" baseball shirt.:rolleyes:

Terry, considering your recent run of luck, consider yourself fortunate.

I started work on the second meat refrigerator kit last night. Depending on other activity, this might be a couple of days.

Joe

Afternoon All,

Back from work and I am official now. Tomorrow MOH is official also. We will be a family that is a drain on society:D.

Ken- Thanks for the info. For some reason I thought Jeff just had a MD appointment.

David- Yes that is me in the loco. When I ballast I use W/S Gray Med Blend. I use a ballast spreader then fine tune it with a paint brush. I spray it heavily with ISO, then use the glue mix (1 part water/1 part ISO/1 part white glue). Using the glue I use a eye dropper and drip the glue between the rails and then down the bottom edges (to help hold it) then I do the shoulders. This method seems to work for me.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Good afternoon. It's sunny and 94, with a heat index of molten lead.
Last night, i rumaged around in my parts box, and found a motor for an old Mantua 2-6-2 that came from the factory with a bum motor. I installed the motor, and, after a little minor tweaking, have a small steam engine that runs surprisingly well. It looks like it will be more of a pain in the neck to install DCC in than I want to deal with, so I'll probably sell it off, now that I have it running well. I installed some knuckle couplers on it, getting rid of the infamous x2f couplers it came with.
I'm going to post some pictures in the for sale forum, but I thought I'd run it by everybody in the coffee shop first, and see if there was any interest here.

Good morning. I was discharged from the hospital around an hour ago. Surgery yesterday went well. But as always Murphy is hanging around to complicate things. Now it looks like I have Cirrhosis of the liver. I'm following my mother right down the line.

Hey Jeffery,

I am so sorry to hear the news.

Try to stay positive and hope for the best.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Try to stay positive and hope for the best.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

I just can't catch a break. The doc says it may not be anything to worry about. He's seen patients with similar liver issues that developed antibodies against whatever was causing the damage. I've never had any liver disease. The only contact I ever had with hepatitis was from my mother. She had contracted hepatitis C many years before I was born. I've never tested positive for it so I never thought about it. I'll see what the doc has to say when the biopsy comes back.

Evening All,

Back from supper and now drinking a cup of coffee. I put down the cork road bed for my current project today. I put a level on it length wise and cross wise for both tracks and it looks good (it's in the area where 2 tables are bolted together). Tomorrow I will work on getting the turnout down.

Joe- You live by M.B. Kline? That is awesome but potentially a financial hazard:D

Jeff- Glad you are back, but very sorry to hear about the Cirrhosis. The first thing I thought of was a possible exposure when you were with the FD.

Hope everybody has a good night.

Hey Jeffery

If I were you I would hang my hat on what the doctors said and hope he is right about having nothing to worry about.

The liver, kidney and pancreas are very complicated in how they work together, Doctors have told me they are not positive how they do. I've had chronic pancreatitis for 20 yeas and calcium building up on my liver. When I was first diagnosed they told me I should have all my affairs in order, I was even given my last rites, twice. I am still here and I hope you and I are both still talking about this 20 years from now. I'll bet you a dollar to a donut we will be! One thing that can not be measured is the human spirit. Never give up, never give in, refuse to lose and all that other rah rah crap :)

Have a good night, see ya in the morning.

Keep us posted, we are all with you brother!

Jeff- Glad you are back, but very sorry to hear about the Cirrhosis. The first thing I thought of was a possible exposure when you were with the FD.

That's what I thought initially. The doc assures me it doesn't spread that way. If it turns out to be hep-c then there's only one way I could have gotten it. I inherited it from my mother. On the other hand it could be damage from antibiotics. The last few years I've been on a boat load of antibiotics. They're hard on the kidneys and liver. They're none to friendly to the brain either.

Joe- You live by M.B. Kline? That is awesome but potentially a financial hazard:D

No, Curt, that was Louis, He lives near Dundalk. I'm much closer to Trainworld, in the other Brooklyn (NY):rolleyes:. I haven't been to Kline since they moved to Cockeysville. I do use their Internet store.

Jeffrey, the last thing you need is more complications. Wife and I both have blood tests to monitor potential damage to our livers due to arthritis medications.

I survived the trip to Costco, they have dynamite Red velvet cup cakes with cream icing on sale through Sunday......need them like another hole in the head, but they are good. :rolleyes: Picked up some nice NY Strip steaks to grill over the weekend.

Went to the Manesquan Reservoir and walked the trail for a little over a mile and a half. Then sat on a log near the water and watched the clouds and water. It was a pleasant day, and it was peaceful there.

Tomorrow, I have to cut the lawn and edge it first thing, then do some more work on my stairway. Maybe slip in another walk at the reservoir. There's a college football game on ESPN tonight - Ole Miss vs. Boise State......Time's flying by.

Oldest son should be on his way back from Afghanistan, he's due at Ft. Campbell sometime Sunday.

Everyone have a good evening.

Joe

Jeffrey, the last thing you need is more complications. Wife and I both have blood tests to monitor potential damage to our livers due to arthritis medications.

I'm pretty sure my liver damage is due to all the antibiotics I've taken over the past few years.

Good evening. It's a warm cloudy night here. Looking like a 40% chance of rain for tomorrow. Well so far I've experimented with several food items. Popcorn is still on the good list. Sausage is so out of here. I won't be getting any more of that. Tomorrow I'll see what chimichangas do to me. I hope I can tolerate them as I really love them. Breakfast at the hospital this morning shows that ham and butter are out the door. Coffee and milk didn't sit well with either. However a soda that my step mother gave me caused no problems at all. Spicy mustard and ketchup are OK as long as I eat a few Tums antacid tablets beforehand.

Tomorrow morning I have, you guessed it, another doctor appointment. This one is with an orthopedist in Leesville. My primary physician wants him to have a look at my left foot. Yeah, like I have another one. Earlier someone commented about the calm positive attitude I have despite all the problems I have. If you think my life is a bed of roses I'll trade with you. It's mostly a thorn patch and you're welcome to it. Some day I may get my medical issues straight , overcome my vehicle problems and finish repairing/rebuilding my trailer.

This morning my father pulled himself out of his Scrooge attitude and went back to the store to look at the computers again. He found somebody who didn't speak geek (I'm fluent in all dialects) to advise him. Well, he didn't think much of Wal-Marts prices so he went out to Fort Polk and looked at what they had in the PX. He found an affordable HP laptop he likes. I helped him set it up then showed him the basics of using it without smothering him in geek speak. He seems comfortable with it now. He's going to see if he get my nieces pass code for her Wi-Fi then he can deal with a whole new world of instant panic. He had gotten to play with my Asus tablet this morning when he came to see me at the hospital so it won't be a sudden dunk in the deep end. He was like a little kid with a new toy!

For me, as far as pain management goes I'm pretty well set. I have a rather large supply of oxycodone tablets built up from all the surgeries I've had over the past couple years and I have a new prescription for more if I should need them. The incisions themselves don't bother me much but man, those dang staples are irritating not to mention that they sting whenever something touches them. I believe I have seven staples, no stitches.

The front tank on the truck was almost empty this morning so I stopped at Circle K and refilled it. Seventeen gallons and a bit at $2.539 a gallon comes to $44 I believe. That's more than enough to see me through to the first of the month. That's when my SS hits the bank and I can start paying bills all over again.

Well, time to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow. And you were probably thinking 'When's he going to shut up'.

DSCN1111-1.jpg

DSCN1146.jpg

Prehistoric computer game called 'Apple Kong'.
DSCN6490.jpg

COFFEE_POURING-Copy.png

Good Morning!

It's Fri 8/29/14

BLUECOFFEEMAN.png

Possible scattered showers with a high of 88. I don't have anything scheduled for today.

trainwreck.png

Tipton.gif

Temperature in TIPTON IN

Good morning. I was discharged from the hospital around an hour ago. Surgery yesterday went well. But as always Murphy is hanging around to complicate things. Now it looks like I have Cirrhosis of the liver. I'm following my mother right down the line.

Hi Jeffrey, I did a bit of checking and here's what I found for you to check into.

http://www.biogetica.com/how-to-fin...er-cirrhosis?gclid=COHiteSAuMACFUiPfgodjqgAXQ

- - - -
Here is another source.
http://www.ask.com/web?am=broad&q=h...naturally&qsrc=999&ad=semD&o=102548&l=dir&af=

Cirrhosis Treatments: Low Sodium Diet, Medication, Liver ...
www.webmd.com/digestive-disorders/tc/cirrhosis-treatment-overview
- - - - -

This should offer some hope.

Good early morning, It's 71.2 °F - Feels Like 77 °F going for a high of 98 °F and a low tonight of 66 °F. The Humidity is 41% at 2:00 Am and will be 44% at 10:00 Am.

Well earlier last night I found out I have a fairly bad leak in my water line coming up to the house down a little ways from the well so that means more digging to find out what the problem is? It would be nice and cool too!

Hope your day goes well.

Morning All,

Up at 6 AM this morning. so much for sleeping in. Got a load of towels in the dryer. When that is done I will get started working on the layout. Tonight I will be going with MOH for her office retirement get together. I will be the designated driver in case she wants to have a few cold ones.

Hope everyone has a good day and a great Labor Day weekend.

Back