Running Bear's Coffee Shop XLIII

And it's goodnight from me after another fruitless night of attempts to get this MTH loco to take it's long address. Tried all sorts of ways to do it, even while running it along my 6' of track @ speed step 2. Weird thing is that when I press enter to set it, the horn toots 3 times, which normally would indicate acceptance by the decoder, but it doesn't matter if I turn off the power according to instructions, either after or before exiting OPS mode, or not. Just will not "take" the new address.

A thought just then, I wonder if it's because I have 2 of these with the same cab #. I plan to always run them as a pair facing the same way, seeing there appears to be no chance of consisting them with other decoders or even with themselves (I've made inquiries here to see if any MTH dealers have the decoder "reflashing" service available, but none do, don't even service them), so I figured that giving them both the same long address, they should (maybe not) respond to commands in unison. The other one was used and came already set and always responds to it's long address.
Make sure after you set the long address, you set cv 29 to 34. Until you do that, it will still only respond to the short address.

Morning. Not much good about it here.
Temperature:70°F
Humidity:86%
Dew Point:66°F
High:92°
cond026.gif

Only took the new antibiotic once yesterday and I was sick most of the night. Sweats, chills, vomiting, cramps. At one point I was pretty sure I was going to pass out and I think I did. I haven't taken any more of it since and I feel very sore this morning. I do feel better though. My doc will be hearing about this.

No plans.

P1010012.jpg

P1010008.jpg

P1010007.jpg

This day does have a bright spot after all! My desire to have a telescope has resulted in a 50/600mm Aries coming my way. Like new for $20. And my fathers paying for it. Can't beat that. If you can I don't wanna know about it.:cool:

Yo!

Another beautiful day at the Jersey Shore. I don't understand why the TV Weather people are so upset with this weather, It's nice, it's pleasant. Normal Average temperature for today in Central park, (NYC), is 84°. The predicted high temperature is 83°. What's so abnormal about that? You would think it was going to snow, the way they are acting. Here, it's sunny and 75°, going to 80°, with light winds, a perfect beach day. Sheesh!

Great deal on the telescope, Jeffrey. Terry I'm happy you are making progress with the "Daylight", and Karl, you are right about the crowd across the street. There are still others more negative.

Joe

Called my med complaint in to the doc and he's going to start me on Bactrim (sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim). I've used it before with no ill effects.

Last edited by a moderator:
Terry I'm happy you are making progress with the "Daylight", and Karl, you are right about the crowd across the street. There are still others more negative.

Joe
I got an email from the other party in this deal. It seems there is yet another misunderstanding (deliberate or otherwise, I'm not sure).

Now that's quite a shot of what appears to be a brand new KCS Loco fresh from the factory or the next thing to it.

Very nice!

The subject is an ES44AC in KCS Southern Belle paint. The photo was taken April 13th, 2008 behind the Museum of West Louisiana in Leesville.

I got an email from the other party in this deal. It seems there is yet another misunderstanding (deliberate or otherwise, I'm not sure).

Probably wants to force you to pay more for it because you got it working. I'd be ignoring whatever he has to say.

Greetings Train Maniacs, my apartment is being invaded right now by the landlord and the plumber. The air conditioner evaporator coil in the attic above my unit has a drain for the condensate, and it's leaking into the business below my apartment. They have a big hole opened in the wall in my dining room (mostly hobby storage room for me). I'm just glad it's not in the bedroom, bathroom or kitchen. Hope you all have a good or at least okay day. :D

Make sure after you set the long address, you set cv 29 to 34. Until you do that, it will still only respond to the short address.

Ah! that's interesting, 'cause in the MTH manual it does say to enter 38 into CV29 to set the long address, but of course no mention that this should be done AFTER entering the long address. I had at first done this beforehand but abandoned doing so when nothing happened. During my searches to try to get information about this address change, I remember some warning about noting this 38 setting as it was the default # for CV29?.

So, is the 34 value the one you have used for all your MTH locos, or should I do as the book says and use 38 for this specific loco type. The procedure then is to change the address from default3 to the long#, press enter for the loco to accept it, then change CV29 to 34 (or 38), then power off for 5+ seconds before powering back on to enable the new address?

I would say (and I do have some experience in dealing with devious characters, both from without and within the legal system) that what this particular individual is doing is stringing you along. I would imagine that there is some legal time limit available to you in which to press your complaint of mail fraud and he is going to keep this ball rolling till that time runs out. This is a typical ploy used by both of the aforementioned characters to secure their ends.

I suggest you ignore him completely and press your case vigorously and sit back and watch and listen to the screams and threats that will inevitably ensue from him. But just don't stop.

I suggest you ignore him completely and press your case vigorously and sit back and watch and listen to the screams and threats that will inevitably ensue from him. But just don't stop.

And to think I used to be able to take guys like that, dribble them down court and make a half court shot to the nearest trash can. But, that was many years ago.

What is it with this clown? Perhaps pursuing the complaint with the postal inspector will bring him into reality.

Joe

I really hope he doesn't think he can string me along for 7 years. That is the limit for reporting as well as prosecuting mail fraud. If convicted, he can go to federal prison for 20 years, as well as have to pay a $250,000 fine. Imagine what "Bubba" will say and do, when he finds out what this kid is in the can for...
I know this is a 17 or so year old kid (now, after the fact), and offered him a single deal in order to make all this go away for him. The deal involves him mailing a broken Bachmann steam engine to me. If I was him, and I found out all the things that could fall on my head over this, and the victim offered a deal like that, I'd send the thing out next day air so fast its wheels would still be spinning when the guy took it out of the box.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really hope he doesn't think he can string me along for 7 years. That is the limit for reporting as well as prosecuting mail fraud. If convicted, he can go to federal prison for 20 years, as well as have to pay a $250,000 fine. Imagine what "Bubba" will say and do, when he finds out what this kid is in the can for...
I know this is a 17 or so year old kid (now, after the fact), and offered him a single deal in order to make all this go away for him. The deal involves him mailing a broken Bachmann steam engine to me. If I was him, and I found out all the things that could fall on my head over this, and the victim offered a deal like that, I'd send the thing out next day air so fast its wheels would still be spinning when the guy took it out of the box.

Terry
Unfortunately , you cant fix stupid. All you can do is prosecute it! He's at the age where stupidity, hormones, and a false sense of immortality runs rampant!

Good evening. temp is 78 with 67% humidity. Partly cloudy. Looks like a nice night. I should have my telescope Friday, as in day after tomorrow. Naturally the forecast is for clouds and rain all weekend and the next week.

Nothing really special went on today. My doc reevaluated me for the wound vac yesterday and told Home Health to continue with it. So a nurse showed up today to reattach me to my ball and chain. Hopefully not for too much longer. The wound at the big toe amputation site is smaller than a quarter now, so maybe another week or two? Season Two of Star Trek Voyager should be here Tuesday. I picked it up for less than $30 so that's coming off my SS money. Just means I'll have to do without pork or chicken for August. No biggie.

Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

P9120423.jpg

9/12/07 KCS SD50 7011 coming into the Leesville yard. The current KCS roster now shows 7011 as being off roster.

P9120430.jpg

P9120442.jpg

Now there's an interesting prototype to model, trailers in wellsides. If I had some of those wagons, would love to run some like that down at the club and listen to the howls of protest. Should copy and print that pic to suggest it to those that do.

Back