Running Bear's Coffee Shop May 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning, 65° and foggy.

Thanks everybody for the expressions of concern! I live ~8 miles from downtown Ellicott City and my house sits on high ground, so I wasn't impacted by the flood. I can't speak for Karl, but he lives about 10 miles farther from EC than I do.

Ken: I didn't think so, but I wasn't sure.

Terry: You obviously haven't shaken Mr. Murphy yet! Laptops and water, don't mix.

Sherrel...in my personal opinion the more modern smartphones like the iPhone6 and the Samsung’s seem to take better quality pictures than iPads and tablets.

Gene: Believe you're right about that. My Fire takes poor quality pictures, while my Sansung does OK.

Boris

Good morning .

Louis .... My grandson in Grand Rapids, MI plays baseball in high school and is doing well as center fielder.

Terry .... Sounds like a very bad storm. If it is all property damage and nobody was hurt , that's good however.

Chet .... Nice photo of Niagra Falls ... Are you in a hurry to drive home ?

Willie ... Thank you.

I. B. Ken ..... Good seeing you. I'm wondering about Karl.

Gene ... My iPhone takes very good photos too. .... Below is an example.

40515085125_91fbc8499f_b.jpg

Good morning .

Louis .... My grandson in Grand Rapids, MI plays baseball in high school and is doing well as center fielder.

Terry .... Sounds like a very bad storm. If it is all property damage and nobody was hurt , that's good however.

Chet .... Nice photo of Niagra Falls ... Are you in a hurry to drive home ?

Willie ... Thank you.

I. B. Ken ..... Good seeing you. I'm wondering about Karl.

I'll say -- Quite an outstanding subject and photo!

I thought Chet just got there? Now he is half way back to Montana already?

Sigh...
Now Gmail has decided my new laptop belongs to a scammer, and has locked my email account. And I have no way to unlock it, because I refused to provide Google with my cell phone number.

...And just like that, it suddenly cleared itself... I'd provide a backup email address, but I will never provide any of these companies a phone number.
BTW, the new laptop works very well. I've already finished the article, and now that Google has magnanimously decided I am me, I can email it in for editing and publication.

...And just like that, it suddenly cleared itself... I'd provide a backup email address, but I will never provide any of these companies a phone number.
BTW, the new laptop works very well. I've already finished the article, and now that Google has magnanimously decided I am me, I can email it in for editing and publication.

Terry...the gremlins seem to be determined to harass you for ever...you need to sacrifice a chicken. Meanwhile..I agree,I never give them a phone number....I have a diffrent email address that I use for that. Just set-up a Hotmailaddress that you use only for that purpose...has saved me a number of times.

Pay phones ? .... does anyone recall contests to see how many kids could cram themselves into a phone booth?

Garry:

Pay phones....I remember a pay phone at the end of town and friends used jam paper into the coin return slot and then wait several days and return to remove the paper jam and have the coins that should of been returned to the customers...fall out. Easy way to make a dollar or two in the 60's.

Greg

Tomorrow we will be moving to another coffee shop, even though we haven't reached our usual post count before we would move. If we start doing this, and keep with the program, we won't be confusing people over the changing of the coffee shops.

Good Morning everyone....sunny, humid and hot in Wisconsin. Cooler tomorrow.

I can not master either my smart phone or Cannon Power Shot for taking model railroad photographs. Some hot summer day I'll spend some time on practicing with the cameras taking layout photos.

Kitchen remodeling keeps getting interesting. Needed to purchase a new sink faucet and then of course the garbage disposal basket, the sink strainer basket and a new air gap to match the faucet which matches the finish of the cabinet hardware. Then, we purchased the new light fixtures and need an electrician to change a circuit's wiring for a pendant light fixture. Having a problem finding the matching face plates for all the new outlets and wall switches.

Money spend that could of been directed towards model railroading...LOL! The kitchen remodeling is going to cost more than a room addition and the new composite siding we installed 13 years ago.

Looks like no model railroading for a few days at least.

Willie: Photos of our models sure bring out the flaws and where we need to improve. The photos are a great modeling tool.

Chet: Great photograph of the Falls. Amazing where all that water originates from.

Cabin tomorrow and more work there to be done, but at least its fun work.

That's all for now.

Greg

############

Yup--Usually college kids.

I remember pay phone booth crams and car "fire drills" - - 5 or 6 in a car, stop in the middle of a busy street, everybody gets out and run around the car and then jump back in and take off. See how many cars you can get honking at you! Did that once on a snow-packed road in the winter and nearly had a car slide into us. Ah, the good old days! What do college kids do these days for fun?

I remember pay phone booth crams and car "fire drills" - - 5 or 6 in a car, stop in the middle of a busy street, everybody gets out and run around the car and then jump back in and take off. See how many cars you can get honking at you! Did that once on a snow-packed road in the winter and nearly had a car slide into us. Ah, the good old days! What do college kids do these days for fun?

Here in California they light BIG bonfires, destroy automobiles, and crash windows with bicycle racks and bricks/rocks!

[QUOTE="Bruette, post: 434844, member:[/quote]
Louis, Don't let it go to your head.

Last edited:
Afternoon All,

Been raining off and on today and forever after (Florida). Went up to Jon's and I managed to blow 5 of the LED lamps :confused:. So I need to order more so it will be a 10-14 day delay to finish that part of the project. Jon told me if I want sound in my BB F7 he will provide a free older soundboard (QSI) and labor if I provide a speaker which I plan on taking him up on.

Garry- Thank you. Is your friend the one with the really nice layout? Great close up of the Santa Fe engine.

Willie- They are LED's.

Terry- That happened to me with Hotmail. It was the last straw with them. I sent them a pretty nasty email and switched to a different provider. Great tug photo.

I hope everyone has a good night.

G

Looking good. Also, with the new forum software, you should have been able to post that directly from your phone, without needing to do any edits or re-sizing. Just snap the photo and upload. At least that's the goal, hopefully it worked for you.

OK, just in time for the new Coffee Shop tomorrow, here is the new avatar. Wife does not like it. I don't know since I never look in the mirror anyway! I hope that I don't scare anyone, but other than Justin, I haven't seen many youngsters here.

Willie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back