Running Bear's Coffee Shop LXVII

Name: stewert 02.jpg*
Views: 7*
Size: 88.9 KB*
ID: 62995" style="border: 0px; max-width: 100%;"></a></blockquote></div></div><blockquote class="signature restore" style="margin: 2em 0px 0px; padding: 1em 0px 0px; overflow: hidden; border-top: 1px solid rgb(221, 221, 221); color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif; background-color: rgb(250, 250, 250);"><div class="signaturecontainer" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px;">**********</div></blockquote></body>
You golden-tongued devil, you.

This signature is intended to irritate people.

Like 'Harvey' it just keeps getting better:

Today is forecast to be NEARLY THE SAME temperature as yesterday.
Today
High 106 | Low 72 °F
0% Chance of Precip.
Yesterday
High 107.4 | Low 69.6 °F
Precip. 0 in

Good morning - I think I will take Willie's suggestion - maybe take the dogs out to Mom's place and swim in her pool. Water should be nice and warm!

JERRY - I have no idea what language you are speaking, but like KEN - my eyes hurt too!

Got a notice from ebey that my F-3's were delivered - Guess they are in the P O Box. I'll go see before it gets too hot to walk!

JOHNNY - I think the urn was DCC!

I think there's a slightly used coffee urn they'd probably let go, cheap. Word on the street is Noah used it on the ark.

I should snatch that up! Maybe I could sell it on eBay by implying, but not specifying that is was a religious relic.

Hmmmmm, I just got an email telling me that I have failed to respond to previous eviction notices and that the sheriff will come here today to evict me from my home. It was from Issabella Alexander. I googled that name along with eviction notice and nothing remarkable turned up.
I paid cash for my house 6 years ago and have the title deed. All the property taxes are current. I also have a couple of .40 pieces nearby.
I sent them a response telling them that I own this house outright. Any approach will be met with deadly force.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any approach will be met with deadly force.

Hmmm .. Wonder if that approach will work with Jehovah Witness' too?

Huge/Big/Large church just around the corner - they prowl the neighborhood quite often.
I asked one to come in the other day - and inquired as to what he would like to talk about?
He replied, "I don't know! I've never made it this far before"!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ken: Up where my cabin is there's signs at the end of driveways that the local residents post that state "We Don't Call 911". Seems to work for me. I would call the local law enforcement and advise them of this apparent method/plan to get $$$ from you at some point in the future.

Chet: Keep us posted on your locomotive detailing project. Photos please of the project.

Houston Folks: Our thoughts are with you during this crisis.

Down to the train room for a couple of hours after lunch. Busy morning. Filled the truck up with gas for a trip to NE Wisconsin to lose some money that could of brought some engines or structures. Oil change this morning for truck...eight quarts of oil...ouch.

That's all.

Greg

Hmmm .. Wonder if that approach will work with Jehovah Witness' too?

Huge/Big/Large church just around the corner - they prowl the neighborhood quite often.
I asked one to come in the other day - and inquired as to what he would like to talk about?
He replied, "I don't know! I've never made it this far before"!
Last time that happened, I answered the door naked.
They haven't been back.

I think that will work - making a note for reference.

Terry - You don;t need to take your new truck to Houston!

I think Garrys boat would be more useful in Houston.

Greg - Maybe I should have you pick up the decals and detail parts the next time you pay a visit to Walthers.

Willie - Years ago when I was on the highway Patrol, they sould show up every time I was on the midnight shift and wake me up. Saw them gathering one morning on the way home. When they rang the door bell, I answered it with a .44 magnum. They must have peed on the door or something but they never returned.

Afternoon All,

Yesterday locally we had a 70 yo ride around a set of lowered train warning arms on a bycicle. Can you guess how the story ends? Last night we also had 3 accidents on one small stretch of I-4 that curves a lot. The reporter says the police are investigating the cause. I can tell you the reason without being there-Impatient drivers driving too fast in the rain. I must be psychic.

Today I got dragged to several stores including Wally World by higher authority. You married guys understand. After that I puttered around the train room for about an hour.

Garry- Nice looking boat. We have lots of that style here on lakes and inland waterways. Next time you come this way you should bring it so you can take me boating:D.

Chet- Nice rail shot.

Sherrel- I was tempted to get a couple of the Stewart F3's as for the most part they are very reasonable, but then I thought about the costs of painting, details, train phone and DCC sound I decided I will be happy with my FP7's.

I hope everyone has a good night and see you in the new diner tomorrow.

Elev 1217 ft 33.49 °N, 117.09 °W | Updated 9 sec ago

Clear
Clear
108.5 °F
Feels Like 108.3 °F

This is fun! Humidity is 17%

Hi Guys,

I don't hang out in here too much but Chet (Montana) suggested I should drop in and say hi, that there were people wanting to "see me", so here I am and glad to be back into the hobby.

Last time that happened, I answered the door naked.
They haven't been back.

Last time I answered with a Colt .45 ACP strapped on. I may have had it in my hand. Sometimes I'd do that if I'm feely particularly spunky. They haven't been back either. Go figure! Hmm..
;)
E

Success. Got the new laptop up and running with all the software, hooked up the LocoBuffer USB, set the parameters of JMRI and bingo, started identifying decoders on the programming track. Pretty quick too.

From now on, Chet, will be known as the Dirty Harry of the Coffee Shop. "Feelin' lucky........Punk?"

Good evening, 62°and raining. The rain, all half inch of it, comes from "Tropical Depression # 10, a coastal storm that did not earn a name.

I would rather have this than what those poor folk in Texas and Louisiana, are going through. Happy to hear y'all are high and dry, Willie.

The easiest way to handle the Witnesses, or any other door to door nuisance, is to not answer the door...if it's important, someone will call you. No different than telemarketers, if you don't recognize the number, let it go to voice mail. If it's important, they will leave a message. No sense getting upset over them.

Wombat: Nice to see your byline here in the coffee shop. FWIW, we have some new bylines here also. Welcome! Anyone heard from Trussrod lately?

Been spending time assembling some of my stash of kits. Mostly from Accurail, but also a few Walthers from the '90s, and some Bowser. All get Kadee #148s and Intermountain 33" wheel sets. Some get a bit more customization, such as painted or weathered truck sides and wheels, or some Dullcote, to tone down the shine. I'm a believer in light weathering vs. heavy grunge.

Wife and I stopped at a convenience store, this afternoon, to pick up a quick lunch. There were some railroaders outside telling railroad tall tales. Funny, I didn't recognize one of them, nor did they recognize me. It occurred to me that I left Conrail 19 years ago last April, and much has changed during that time. I doubt I would still be familiar with much of Amtrak any more either. The Penn Central ceased operation, 42 years ago, the PRR 50 years next February 1. For that matter Conrail has been a shadow of itself for 19 years or so. Time goes by so quickly...

Back