Running Bear's Coffee Shop LXV

Good Morning:

Willie: I use so much of the space under the layout for storage, but I may need to rearrange things a bit to make room for the creeper. First, I have to find a way to get it in the room. The entrance is narrow and the creeper is 24 inches wide. Once I add the freight yard addition storage will be no problem.

Worked on my rolling stock inventory this morning while my track cleaning cars worked the layout. Lunch break and back down to the layout.

That's all for now.

Greg

Good afternoon. Just stopped by the house to make lunch. Nice comfortable day with temps in the 70's.

Terry - I agree with Beady. doh.gif

Beady - I have that function on my phone but have never tried it. Maybe I'll give it a shot.

Curt - Interesting project. Looks good so far. Waiting to see the outcome. The for sale signs can be cheaper than buying sheet styrene.

Willie - Got quite a bit of work done on the cars yesterday and today. Getting some of the cars sold will give me space to work. As it is now, the place is crammed packed and if I want to do anything, I have to pull some cars out to make some room to work. Just barely enough room to squeeze between them. Like having 10 pounds of crap in a five pound bag. Have them listed on ebay Motors, and if they don't sell, off to auction. No new bigger layout. What I have now is big enough for me.

Sherrel - Don't need to buy an additional one. The main reason for getting the RS-1 was to run at the club. The shorter train actually works out well. I do bring my own rolling stock so this way I don't have to bring many. I have received a lot of complements on some of the custom painted cars and on the weathering. For some reason, not many people weather their equipment.

Gonna make a sandwich and get back to work.

Later

Last edited by a moderator:
Beady - I have that function on my phone but have never tried it. Maybe I'll give it a shot.
Here's something called a Virtual Shot. Rather than a Panorama, where you turn in place, you hold the camera centered on an object while you walk around it. To view all sides of the object in the picture, you have to tilt the phone.

Again, I don't know whether this will post correctly.

ETA Nope, no dice. Hmm, I just realized, all this function really is, is a video that you advance, reverse or pause via the phone's movements.

9a8907298c885638b18d2c99b67d0b0d.jpg

This signature is intended to irritate people.

Last edited by a moderator:
Never did get any work done on the bridge last night. I was overcome by hunger pangs and decided to fix a dinner which I rarely do. Watched NCIS then Bull then hit the shower then watched the talking head show till I fell asleep.
Heading out from work now to the cigar lounge.

Just got ran inside by mother nature. Major thunder storms moved in and I barely got the cars I just detailed back into the shop and got into the house before the skies opened up. Raining so hard the DirecTV lost signal. Maybe I'll go run some trains.

Later

Good evening. It's mostly clear and 79.
Looks like I'm going computer shopping tomorrow. While most of my day-to-day business is easily taken care of by my Apple laptop, there are exactly three programs I am forced to use that only work in a Windows environment. Saturday, I will be using two of those three programs. No pressure...

Good afternoon. It's sunny and 75.
Really fuming at myself today. I was carrying my new laptop downstairs to put in the car for the commute to work, and the handle on the carry bag caught the door handle.
At the top of the stairs.
The good news is, the bag contained the parts that exploded when it hit the concrete floor from 10 feet up, bouncing off the steps on the way down.
I don't think this is covered by the factory warranty...

Wel CRAP! Guess I had better stop payment on the check?

There was a train in that picture?

If you were referring to the amount of shrubbery along the tracks, blocking the view of such things as that strangely hued river, yeah a bit of clearing would have been nice, There are some good pics/shots of the loco and coaches at a couple of stops and particularly, the destination.

Oh yeah. I MUST be getting old. Used to think, at least the eyes and brain were still functioning.

Back