Running Bear's Coffee Shop LXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cold and rainy here in King George this morning. I have to wrap up anything I was working on in the basement and start cleaning things up for the ops session. Just have to clear all addresses from the command station to make room for new loco consists.

Good Morning All. 60° and clear vertically, but foggy horizontally. Back up into the 80's today, maybe even 90° tomorrow. Lots of chores in the yard and garden kept me busy yesterday. Glad that the weather is cooperating, but I do need some rain...last appreciable rainfall was seven weeks ago! That hasn't stopped the grass from growing though.
Out in the train shed, I almost completed the cardstock warehouse that I started. A few extra details are needed to dress it up a bit...some PikeStuff downspouts and a fake outdoor light over the entrance.

Justin - Several months ago, I posted "Model Railroad Rules to Live By". Rule number 13 is "13. Have a spare of all tools, for when you lose the first one." The key word here is "when". Putty is a tool!
Beady - I'm with Chet! Hope that you crashed the party, with that many cars, no one would have known.
Bruce - You might try posting your stuff over in the "For Sale/Wanted to Buy" section of the forum. I have noticed that only a small percentage of forum visitors come by the Coffee Shop. Like I posted earlier, everything that you have is out of my era.

Everybody have a great day.

Willie

Good morning to Terry, Tony, Ken, and Willie ... and anyone else who shows up this morning.

Tony .... Intersting video of the BNSF train hauling Boeing fuselages and assemblies at the CO Model RR Museum. ........ I recall the BNSF derailment in Montana which caused fuselages to slide down a steep slope into a river.

Willie .... It sounds like you are doing a great job putting together the warehouse.

Joe .... Hoping you are okay after a disappointing game for your Wildcats. As I promised, I rooted for your team, but apparently I was no good at it.

Has Ron been here lately ?

I'm beginning to put together a kit for a Micro Engineering viaduct (I call it a steel trestle.)... I assembled my first bent. I now know why they call it that. I put my first one together, and that is what it is. ... Bent...... LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't want "my children" going to strangers, if I get no hits on here I'll schlep em to the next local NMRA meeting at the Library and offer the same deal. It is, in my biased opinion, a very good deal. A sweet loco, three rollers AND a reversing unit OR a track cleaning car PLUS the multi paks of insulated and wired joins for half of what a new one would cost is not going to come along every day.

Good morning. 38° and sunny, going to 44°. Since 'Nova was eliminated yesterday, I'm done with the NCAA Tournament. Have to find something else to amuse me. In general, I'm not a close follower of basketball.

Justin - Several months ago, I posted "Model Railroad Rules to Live By". Rule number 13 is "13. Have a spare of all tools, for when you lose the first one." The key word here is "when". Putty is a tool!

Willie: I'm just as likely to lose the spare as the original. When I finally find them, they are where I put them, so they wouldn't get lost. :rolleyes:

That's an interesting photo, Tony. Reminds me of when we were moving flat cars with tail assemblies for B1b Bombers out of Martin Marietta, in Middle River MD. Everything actually fit under the wire.

Good morning Everybody!

I'm alive!

Bruce where can I find your for sale listing?

LOL, it was more like a call for help but listing is a good way to put it. It was on here a few pages back, but it consists of my Riv 2-6-6-6, a BLI 2-8-2 Heavy Mikado, and a BLI "Shark" with unpowered B-unit are the leads, sweeteners include three rollers that will most closely fit your road, a reversing unit OR a brand new unused track cleaning car, and a lifetimes supply of insulated joins and more wired joins than you will most likely ever use. I'd like to get 3h for the riv and 2h each for the other two.

LOL, it was more like a call for help but listing is a good way to put it. It was on here a few pages back, but it consists of my Riv 2-6-6-6, a BLI 2-8-2 Heavy Mikado, and a BLI "Shark" with unpowered B-unit are the leads, sweeteners include three rollers that will most closely fit your road, a reversing unit OR a brand new unused track cleaning car, and a lifetimes supply of insulated joins and more wired joins than you will most likely ever use. I'd like to get 3h for the riv and 2h each for the other two.

What railroad is the 2-8-2 ?

I'll post a photo before we leave for church..

Here is the "Heartland Zephyr" which is my vision of the Kansas City Zephyr. It was a short train in its final years of operation. You may notice some of the backdrop (center of photo) is cut out box tops from building kits for buildings placed elsewhere on the layout.

KCZdepartingunionstation_zps5cb6d497.jpg

Joe .... Hoping you are okay after a disappointing game for your Wildcats. As I promised, I rooted for your team, but apparently I was no good at it.

Garry: Since I no longer have a preference, U of K is as good a choice as any...Go Wildcats!

Like your Heartland Zephyr. That's a perfectly sized passenger train for a model railroad.

Thank you Bruce, I looked here Forum: For Sale/Wanted to Buy If you have time would you start a new thread in that forum and post a picture of the shark? What road name is it? I'd be interested if it is a B&O or PRR.

I'm seriously short on time otherwise I would search for your original post. A new thread would help me and others find you items. I might not have a chance to look until Monday or Tuesday.

Have a great weekend Everybody!

Mornin' everyone! (Yaaaawwwwwnnnnnnnnnnn)

Ah, Zoe, I'll have a couple left over donuts from the NMRA Meet yesterday and a very large pot of Seneca Lake Blend Dark Roast coffee this morning, please!

Well, I survived the Meet yesterday. My clinic went well and was well received. I came home with first place awards on both of the photo contests (prototype and model), and the President of the Niagara Frontier Region of the NMRA who came all the way from Toronto, Ontario, Canada to be with us went home with the first place ribbon for the model contest! Huh? Why was he there, all the way from Toronto? Glad you asked.

For the last several years, my division has been working on moving from the NFR Region (Incorporated in Canada) to the North East Region of the NMRA Based and Incorporated in the US. One of the biggest reasons for the move is that My members for the most part will no longer brave the border crossing into Canada to attend anything there. (No Politics in your answers please, it is what it is....) For the last decade or longer only about 7 or 8 of us travel to Canada to attend the Convention there. I have assured the officers of the NFR that the same folks will likely still be heading to Canada to attend the fine Conventions they put on. I have been spending a lot of time getting the move accomplished as has the President of the NFR. My officers here spent a full year getting signatures on a petition that is required (2/3rds of the members have to vote to move) and I was able to hand that to the President last May at the Convention in Quebec. He then had to have a re-vote of the Region BOD to allow him to petition National NMRA BOD to move us to the NER. The NER also had to vote to accept us into the region. In February the NMRA National Board voted to allow the transfer of the Lakeshores Division to the NER. So The president of the NFR came down to make the announcement of the move in person and to spend a day with us as well. I spent some time with him thanking him for all his work with this. I also enjoy seeing him. Fine gent! BTW, his reason in getting this done came from a question he asked us. How will the membership here be best served?

So, now you know one of the big reasons I have been busier than a cat covering poop on a marble floor for the past year. This is only the beginning, Now My Division will have to get "integrated" into the NER which will mean all kinds of stuff needing to get done like: Rewriting the by-laws to both update them and get them accepted by the Region, coming up with a new logo (in progress), finding out what committees we need representation on and who it will be, updating our materials for shows, etc.

I am supposed to be a guest at the Region BOD meeting (Online) tonight, so the process begins!!!

I'm going to be spending today getting things put away, and maybe even starting to build a new bridge for the SLO&W.... Lots of new bridges to be building!

Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning to Terry, Tony, Ken, and Willie ... and anyone else who shows up this morning.

Tony .... Intersting video of the BNSF train hauling Boeing fuselages and assemblies at the CO Model RR Museum. ........ I recall the BNSF derailment in Montana which caused fuselages to slide down a steep slope into a river.

Willie .... It sounds like you are doing a great job putting together the warehouse.

Has Ron been here lately ?

I'm beginning to put together a kit for a Micro Engineering viaduct (I call it a steel trestle.)... I assembled my first bent. I now know why they call it that. I put my first one together, and that is what it is. ... Bent...... LOL
YEs a few people here on this post showed that to me (I think it was Chet) when I was talking about putting aircraft onto trains. I just got that youtube being subscribed to Bill Rogers utube stuff and wow, the Colorado model site is awesome as Im am so sure most all of you know. When I found it a few months ago I actually lost my mind, dang..... thats alot of trees, trains and rail!!!

Good Morning gang!
Just go done packing up stuff to ship off for eBay winners. No worries gang, you didn't miss anything, it was all thimbles. My Mom had a collection of over 500 thimbles when she passed. My sisters seemed to think they were worth something. I listed 20 lots last week, sold 10 lots, made 41 bucks. :( I'll let the rest ride a week, then I'm taking them down and off to Goodwill they go.
Off to work at the workbench today. Its too chilly and wet outside, and since I quit watching NASCAR, I have more time for modeling.

NewGuy, Some pictures might persuade some of the coffeshop members to get off their wallets. Ask Flo, pictured items on the menu always sell better! ;)

Later guys, there's a fried chicken for lunch!!

NewGuy, Some pictures might persuade some of the coffeshop members to get off their wallets. Ask Flo, pictured items on the menu always sell better! ;)
And just exactly what has Flo been selling? Inquiring minds want to know.

This signature is intended to irritate people.

Afternoon All,

Very nice temps here today. No MRR today. Since MOH was in class today I was tasked to go to the grocery store by higher authority. After that I did several chores around the house and just finished watching the Gatornationals finals on TV.

Tony- That's an interesting photo.

Garry- Great picture and modeling.

Ray- Glad things are going well for you.

Chet- The only derailment I have seen in person was back in El Paso in the 60's where a train was carrying brand new automobiles.

I hope everyone has a good night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back