Running Bear's Coffee Shop LXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Afternoon All,

Pretty chilly for my location today and 2 more days. The high today is 69. Spent a couple of hours working on the kits. I figured it was time to stop when my upper back started to get stiff and I felt a headache coming on from using a magnifier visor. My trip to downtown Orlando today got cancelled (what a shame).

Karl- The loco is going to look great in it's new livery.

Justin- Nice looking loco.

Chet- Nice loco picture. When I brought up this site the picture you took of the big box electric loco was at the header. I really think they were neat looking whatever RR had them.

Louis- We are all guilty of procrastinating from time to time.

Tony- Had a good laugh when I read about your wife, shoveling snow and hoping her back would hold up;).

Johnny- I started out with Atlas T/O's years ago and as I made changes to the layout I switched over to PECO Insulfrogs. One thing that may help is to solder jumpers between the rails on the bottom of the T/O's to insure good electrical connection. Maybe the Atlas T/O's are not making a solid electric connection when thrown.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Jesus Christ, they're Japs! That's a meatball! Take cover!

Oops, sorry. Had a change of meds.

5 points if you get the reference.

This signature is intended to irritate people.

Pearl Harbor attack order code.

Afternoon All,

Pretty chilly for my location today and 2 more days. The high today is 69. Spent a couple of hours working on the kits. I figured it was time to stop when my upper back started to get stiff and I felt a headache coming on from using a magnifier visor. My trip to downtown Orlando today got cancelled (what a shame).

"We're Havin' a Heat Wave..... Tropical Heat Wave!" Man, I'm glad I don't live down there.... (Actually I am Glad I don't live down there... I have relatives down there. :p) Up here in the Great State of confusion... er New York, we have 4 Seasons. Yep, we have "Almost Winter, Winter, Still Winter, and Road Construction"! Right now it is winter. Couple weeks from now we get Still Winter.... Been watching the blizzard unfold outside today. Have about 12" of sn*w so far. The storm should be about half done. So "Let it Snow, let it snow, let it snow........" NYS is officially closed, BTW. One Rochester, NY station listed 260 closings at it's website, and they have a whole new list of about 80 closures for tonight, and will undoubtedly his at least 260 tomorrow morning. The whole state is listed as under a state of emergency. Now 6 days ago we had very high winds that put over 200,000 Electric customers out of service in the Rochester, NY area. Luckily "most" of them have electric restored....

Currently 20°F with 16mph winds. Still snowing sideways outside my house in Geneva..... Guess I will just have to work on the Layout! :D Here's what I have been doing:

KeukaCreek49w_zps0hwacuzy.png

KeukaCreek48w_zpsbrziecpu.png

Have a good one, stay safe, and warm!

Well Did the snow AGAIN! another 5 inches, Mass got 53000 power outages, I think because the snow got really thick and heavy.
Cant wait for spring. Well I hope you all did OK (Those in the east coast like me) but you California peeps dont have any of my sympathy!! hehe!!

See ya later, oh By the way, a train hit a car here close to Springfield..... all I have to say is what the hell were you doing out today during this ban??? dang!!!

Ill try and get pictures.

Well Did the snow AGAIN! another 5 inches, Mass got 53000 power outages, I think because the snow got really thick and heavy.
Cant wait for spring. Well I hope you all did OK (Those in the east coast like me) but you California peeps dont have any of my sympathy!! hehe!!

See ya later, oh By the way, a train hit a car here close to Springfield..... all I have to say is what the hell were you doing out today during this ban??? dang!!!

Ill try and get pictures.
Now I feel bad, it was DPW plow truck with a fellow just doing his Job but making a bad mistake by being on the tracks in Longmeadow. He lost his life. Here is the news report.

[FONT=&quot]LONGMEADOW, Mass. (WWLP) – At least one person has been killed after an Amtrak plow train train collided with a DPW truck in Longmeadow on Tuesday afternoon.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Longmeadow Town Manager Stephen Crane confirmed to 22News that at least one person was killed in the collision. He said that the DPW was clearing the road leading up to the tracks when the crash occurred.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Amtrak spokesperson Christina Leeds confirmed for 22News that one of their plow trains struck a vehicle about five miles from the Springfield train station. Leeds said that there were no injuries to their crew, and that passengers were not being carried on the train.

It happened on the Hartford division main line just before West Springfield. Reminds me of Terry's Video. So sad, a prayer must be sent to his family.[/FONT]

Tony, if you want to read a bit more in-depth about late steam, a Google search for Lima Super Power should net you a ton of reading material.

Making Ken in VA bridge deck ties.
1. Ripping the 2x6 into blanks- then planing to thickness
2. Ripping the blanks into tie strips
3. Bundles of 100 ties
4. 400 more to go.
bridge deck1.jpg
bridge deck2.jpg
bundels of 100.jpg

Tony, if you want to read a bit more in-depth about late steam, a Google search for Lima Super Power should net you a ton of reading material.
Oh very cool Terry!! I just did that after reading your post and found quite a few, Ill be reading the wiki and it has a ton of stuff and pics, thanks alot!
Something so magical about those loco's.

The novelty of your win will wear off in about a month. In about a year, it will be just another item.

I doubt that. That loco has been at the top of my "hitlist" since around 1988. I've managed to amass 15 other Maryland Midland engines of various styles and vintages, @50 cement hoppers lettered for the MMID, several other pieces of rolling stock, plus scratchbuilding most of the Entertrainmant Line dinner train that was once on the MMID. The center cab Whitcomb was always the "crown jewel" of the group, and more of less completes that side of my collection.

How does this jibe with my Western Maryland layout? Easy, they ran on the same tracks, and I do have a Flux Capacitor.

1fe0d2ec-6cd6-4c7e-b83c-32e10f9038af_1.8a5f69e6fd3c65a7ea70c47c4119af99.jpeg

:cool::rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back