Running Bear's Coffee Shop LXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I knew you all would be thinking of me and my apologies to you all for leaving you all in the dark.

As for rebuilding the old layout versus a from scratch build, CJ/Casey has long suggested that's what I do.
also knowing I could never redo what I did before and do it justice wouldn't be fair.... so..... I'll build alll new from scratch reusing whatever I can.

Thanks for the links, Gene,on the paint booths. I ordered the bigger (and hopefully better) one.
Seems like I searched before they were a lot more expensive.

Now that I'm getting control back in both hands I'm feeling motivated to start doing something.

Thank you all for being here and hanging in there with me. It's been a rough and scary ride for me.
No doubt more is to come.
E.

Easter morning here. It's a beautiful day out side.
I spent all yesterday in the easy chair, knocked out from the meds that the urgent care center gave me. My back was still killing me when I tried to get up out of the chair about 11pm last night. Took some more of the pills and went to bed. Woke up this morning when a Opposum sprung the Have a Heart trap I set yesterday morning. He's in the bottom of the water barrel right now.
Back is feeling somewhat better. Just can't make any quick moves.

Good morning. It's clear and 50 in the Georgia mountains.
Happy easter, if you happen to be an easter-observing person.

Good Easter Morning to All. 66° and partly cloudy this morning. Had a relatively relaxed day yesterday, cut up a ten-pound ham to take to my brothers house today for the Easter egg hunt. The usual celebration but with only 40 family members this year. There's usually more.
Modeling-wise, I found five more white-metal motorcycles stashed away that I decided to build while I was doing the other three that I already found. Made a minor change to the paint on the three already assembled to match pictures I found on the Internet more closely. Ran some trains and vacuumed the floor.

Gene - That is a nice-looking RDC that you pictured.
Eric - Great to see you back into the modeling mode. Bridge looks good. Looks like a few spare parts! Where exactly are you staying at...nursing home or did you get a place of your own yet? That would make a difference in the advice regarding a layout. If you're going to be moving anytime soon, I would go with 2' x whatever modules that can be disassembled and moved. I'm with Chet on the old one. Just salvage what can be easily moved, depends too on whether you are doing the work or someone else is.
Dave - Mowing is not necessarily year-round. I get a break in late-July and August unless it rains. That's just here though, in the Panhandle it regularly stays below 0° for parts of the winter. Congratulations (I think) on the "test retirement". Too bad that things didn't work out, as I remember that you were enthused at first.
Sherrel -
Willie -- That is the shortest post I have ever seen from you .. you sick? lol
No, not sick, pressed for time. I had to step out on the porch to flash the young neighbor lady on her way to work. Nice looking potting bench.
Chet - Not fair to have two birthday parties in the same week, unless you age two years! LOL

Everybody have a great Easter Sunday even if you don't observe.

Willie

Happy Easter, everybody.

Gene, I like the RDC and the nice scenery.

Question ...... What is a rabbit wearing a hat.

Answer ............ A Covered Hopper.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chet asked for some video of my new RDC. I'm no videographer so forgive me for the quality. The last video was an attempt to let you hear the horn-doppler which is really great,unfortunately my videography doesn't do it justice. I had a problem, this was filmed on my clubs layout which has cosmetic 3rd rails on it and they kept fouling the RDC trucks...so no real roundy-roundy video. Sorry.

[video=youtube_share;BLeSwtUmPck]https://youtu.be/BLeSwtUmPck[/video]

Happy Easter to all my Believer friends; Happy Oester to everybody else.

This signature is intended to irritate people.

Afternoon All,

Happy Easter to those that celebrate the day. My SIL went home yesterday. The diagnosis was a widespread infection with episodes of high fever that caused her Altered Mental Status. She received 2 days of IV antibiotics as treatment. I warned my brother to get her started on probiotics when she got home to try and minimize the digestive issues brought on by the IV drugs. I know this from personal experience. Cleaned house for several hours while MOH was in the kitchen. The local family is coming over for Easter supper in a bit.

VA Ken- I hope you get some relief soon.

Willie- We have cut our yard several times also.

Gene- Very nice RDC and video. I have a friend at the train club that got one in NYC livery. Beautiful car. Runs and sounds great also.

Eric- Nice job on the bridge.

Sherrel- Nice job on the potting table especially since it's from pallets.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Happy Easter!!

eastertrain.jpg
I bet many of you from New Jersey has seen this too.

Happy Easter Egg Day to All!
We haven't had a train pic in a while ... Here is a "pike size train" for you!

Frisco train.jpg

They probably had a full crew too!

Happy Easter and good afternoon. Had a lot going on today but finally had to check in. Took the snow plow off of the tractor and put on the mowing deck. All ready to go.

Eric - The bridge is amazing. Nice work.

Sherrel -
Nice photo.

Gene - Thanks for taking the time to post the video. The Rapido RDC is the mother of all RDC's. The detail is so impressive. Here is my Proto RDC. I usually have it drag an NP club car behind it. I got to ride on them a few times when I was a kid. Thought they were cool. A passenger train without a locomotive.

IMAG1108.jpg

I am still slightly tempted to get one but have managed to talk myself out of it so far. Let's see, RDC ? Beer ? RDC - Jack Daniels ? RDC ? More train goodies ?? I did sopme searching and finally found the Rapido video of the RDC. Boy, is that thing sweet !!!!! Still not totally out of the picture.

[video=youtube;r4UgNaVij98]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4UgNaVij98[/video]

My son just came over to change out his winter tires. He has spare rime so I'll do his out in the shop with a floor jack.

Later.

I am. Well aware of that. I am interested in the DC undecorated one. I could letter it for the Logan Valley, but I already have one RDC, a doodlebug and a number of passenger cars. Really more than enough for a small railroad like mine.

Still not out of the picture but not a priority at all.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back