Running Bear's Coffee Shop LXII

Wow awesome videos today!! (still sleepy from the time change!)

Curt - I have watched all your videos and even "liked" them all, the camera ride was so cool. thx
[FONT=&amp]Chet - [/FONT]very cool E-9 wow they look so much MORE taller on that truck!
Terry - Even my (non train loving) family loved that advertisement.

Thank you all as well as the pictures! There all so cool.

(HEHE and I closed this topic, I saw yours too Gary P!! Wow!!)[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]

Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning. it's cloudy and 34.
According to the radar, it's been snowing here for the last several hours, but I haven't seen a single flake--other than the one looking out of the mirror...
That's Verga! It evaporates before hitting the ground.

This signature is intended to irritate people.

Louis ... Interesting historic photo of Camden Yards.
I had a feeling you would find that interesting, I'm glad I was right :)

Took my two grandsons to the Boy Scout Train show today. When I picked them up, their two younger sisters wanted to go too. Yeah, OK, they can go. All of them had a great time at the show, then stopped at Chick-Fil-A for some lunch on the way home. They picked out some train magazines from the free for the taking table.
I love hearing that kind of stuff! Thanks for sharing it.

Louis: interesting contrast at Camden Yards. A 1984 era photo, while they were debating the "need" to build a new ball park, would be nice to splice into the spread.

I could not find one from 84, but you are right it would be good to see!

I did find this one from the 60s or very early 70s, maybe, I think.
700x553x085978pu-1024x809.jpg.pagespeed.ic.bXkF9mU9ml.jpg

The building on the far left center is where I studied for my FCC license many moons ago. I'm fairly sure that is it. Hard to say anything for sure from those days. I was having way too much fun back then, it should have been illegal! Oh wait it, most of it was, never mind I said anything. At least I did not steal anything or injure anyone that was not trying to hurt me. Ok I better not say any more, this hole is getting deeper and deeper.

Karl I have yet to open the last box you delivered. I just wanted you to know so you did not think I was ungrateful. I am not worried about opening it because one thing I have learned in my dealings with you is that you are trust worthy. I'd bet my bottom dollar everything in the box is even better than you described it on eBay. I know that because of all the many things I have bought from you they have always been better than you describe. Thank you Karl!

I've said this before and it's worth saying again. Buywith confidence when you buy from Karl. He is as good if not better than any seller on eBay.

We are not related, we have not even met in person. I am not a paid spokesmen, I don't get special pricing, I have not been compensated in any way for this endorsement. I am simply a very satisfied customer.

Afternoon All,

Well I was hoping to start on the flat cars today but was O.B.E (overtaken by events) and will hopefully start on them tomorrow. That is a advantage of being retired. The family is going out to supper tonight for MOH's birthday. She will be 59 tomorrow.

Thank you Sherrel, Chet, Willie, Joe and Tony for your kind words.

Justin- Congrats on the purchase. Nice coaling tower photo.

Chet- Cool video. It's easy to forget how long the E units really were.

Terry- That is surprising coming from the doctor.

Willie- There was a report on the national news about the soon to be CA flowers this week because of the rain.

Karl- Good luck with the white stuff.

Gary P.- Very impressive but way too fast.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Louis
We're in for it!:eek:

2a8bdeb8-29c0-4faa-8f16-a6b497bbb9fa-large16x9_NEWSNOWPOTENTIAL.png

Oh Crap!

For those morbidly curious, Louis is near Baltimore, I'm in the pink zone to the west. (Central Absurdistan) Ken (CSX Road slug) is a 15-20 minute drive east of me (on a dry day).

Oh Crap!!!

Evenin' Folks....

Karl, you ain't alone brother! Here in the Finger Lakes Region of NYS right now they estimate 90% of the 200,000 + RG&E and NYSEG utilities customers that have been without electricity for a couple days will be back up and running... The other 10% are still waiting in sub freezing temps. Oh! and we will be getting the same storm that you will be getting as well. The Finger Lakes Region has gone from a "Storm Advisory" to a Winter Storm Warning a while ago:

"... WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 8 PM MONDAY TO 8 PM EDT WEDNESDAY... THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN BUFFALO HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WARNING FOR HEAVY SNOW AND BLOWING SNOW... WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 8 PM MONDAY TO 8 PM EDT WEDNESDAY. THE WINTER STORM WATCH IS NO LONGER IN EFFECT. * LOCATIONS... LIVINGSTON... ONTARIO AND ALLEGANY COUNTIES. * TIMING... FROM EARLY MONDAY EVENING THROUGH EARLY WEDNESDAY EVENING. * HAZARDS... HEAVY SNOW AND BLOWING SNOW. * ACCUMULATIONS... 1 TO 2 INCHES MONDAY NIGHT... 3 TO 5 INCHES TUESDAY... 2 TO 4 INCHES TUESDAY NIGHT... AND 1 TO 3 INCHES WEDNESDAY... LEADING TO STORM TOTALS OF 6 TO 12 INCHES. * WINDS... NORTH 15 TO 25 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 35 MPH. * VISIBILITIES... AS LOW AS A HALF MILE AT TIMES. * IMPACTS... HEAVY SNOW AND BLOWING SNOW COULD PRODUCE VERY DIFFICULT DRIVING CONDITIONS WITH VERY POOR VISIBILITY AND DEEP SNOW COVER ON ROADS. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... "

Hang in there and stay warm!

Karl let's hope the weather people are wrong, but, sorry to say, I doubt there is much chance for you.

I'm right at the line for 3"-6" maybe God willing the rain line will creep north just enough to spare me.

You guys are doing it wrong. I pay someone, so I can sit inside in my underwear with a cup of coffee, and watch them thru the window.

This signature is intended to irritate people.

Louis
We're in for it!:eek:

2a8bdeb8-29c0-4faa-8f16-a6b497bbb9fa-large16x9_NEWSNOWPOTENTIAL.png

Oh Crap!

For those morbidly curious, Louis is near Baltimore, I'm in the pink zone to the west. (Central Absurdistan) Ken (CSX Road slug) is a 15-20 minute drive east of me (on a dry day).

Oh Crap!!!

Karl: Thanks for the update. By the Ch 7 map, I'm also in the 3-6" band. (I'm under the blue bar, just to the right of the GEICO banner). Local forecast opens the possibility for more....or less...:confused:. To think, I was considering storing the snow thrower, and bringing out the lawn mower...:rolleyes:.

Back