Running Bear's Coffee Shop LVIII

More from the "Mississippi Coast Model Railroad Museum"
http://www.mcmrcm.org/

10-20-16 061.001.JPG10-20-16 062.001.JPG
10-20-16 063.001.JPG

More later.
Willie

According to TWC it was only 36 at around 0530.
E

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Good morning folks

I haven't been in or even lurked in quite some time. My wife and I are getting a divorce and I was reeling for a few weeks. Things have settled down a bit now and I'm trying to move forward with my life. I'm keeping the house so the trains will still have a home. I was considering downsizing which would have meant the demise of the layout but I had a change of heart. Not really for the trains, I just like my house and have busted my ass to make it how I want. I'm having a hard time filling empty time in my life so I'm thinking the trains could prove useful. That, and the friendships on this forum. Anyway, I just wanted to stop in and say hi.

Prayers to everyone who needs them.
Have a good day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great to see you back in the Coffee Shop Corey. There has been a bit of posting here inquiring about you. Sounds like life, while taking a few knocks, is going to continue on. You have the support of all those friends here. Keep those demons at bay. Give some progress reports on the layout when you are up to it.

Willie

G'day! 38 and nice clear sunshine, awesome color on the trees here in the middle of the Mitten! I brought Brandy for the coffee this morning it's so nice to be nice to the nice. SHOTSKI?

"Santafewillie"-I had a unique opportunity and jumped with both legs into MRR. It was always something I wanted to do and when I got the chance I went whole hog, best move I've made since I got married! I had no idea what I was doing and worse I was in a self imposed hurry. It worked out ok for me but I don't recommend it. I knew I did not know enough so I "planned" a "no plan plan" and just built a giant table and bought a long TON of loco's rollers and track and just started playing around with it trying to cram as much experience and practical knowledge as I can into my burnt cinder of a brain!

MUCH has occurred while I was "elsewhere". LOL! My Son bought a little 50cc scooter and I've put several thousand miles on it this summer riding the country roads of central Michigan just north and west of Lansing. For those familiar with the area I don't go any farther than Grand Ledge to the west and Westphailia to the north, mostly around Wacousta and along the Looking Glass River and the Grand River, NICE country and MUCH better road conditions than "downtown"! My wife got a job as a bookkeeper at a Medical Marijuana Provider "store"! To say that I'm pleased would be the proverbial understatement! "Dream come true" is more like it! LOL!

She's a PIP I'll tell ya that, I casually asked if there was any "train money" laying around and BOOM! Ye shall receive! I've got 10 turnouts acomin in the post! Atlas #4's, 5 leftys, 5 rightys! I am WELL stocked on flex and not doing too bad on sectional so the rest of this installment should go smoothly.

Good morning folks

I haven't been in or even lurked in quite some time. My wife and I are getting a divorce and I was reeling for a few weeks. Things have settled down a bit now and I'm trying to move forward with my life. I'm keeping the house so the trains will still have a home. I was considering downsizing which would have meant the demise of the layout but I had a change of heart. Not really for the trains, I just like my house and have busted my ass to make it how I want. I'm having a hard time filling empty time in my life so I'm thinking the trains could prove useful. That, and the friendships on this forum. Anyway, I just wanted to stop in and say hi.

Have a good day.

No worries, Sweet Light coming your way, man, tough row to hoe. It's fresh right now so I won't joke but it's got a country song in it somewhere, "he got to keep the trains".

Good Morning - it's -3°C / 26°F and a bit foggy here in Headingley, MB.

Corey - nice to see you post again, sorry about the way things worked out. I'm glad you are keeping the house after all the work you did on it.

This weekend is Heritage Classic hockey weekend here. They set up a hockey rink in our football stadium, and today the alumni of the Winnipeg Jets and Edmonton Oilers play. Tomorrow the current teams play. It will be nice to see a lot of the players that I used to root for when I was younger back on the ice, including the likes of Hawerchuk, Babych, Selanne and Steen, just to name a few. Oh yeah, some guy named Gretzky is playing too!

Plan on finishing up the rest of the yard work today, as we could have snow anytime from Haloween on.

Have a great day everyone!

igf-heritage-classic-rendering.png

Good morning fellers. 46 and gloomy today. Makes for a good day to do some layout work. Do some more work on my loadout today I figure. Seems like a plan to me anyways.

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

Good morning fellers. 46 and gloomy today. Makes for a good day to do some layout work. Do some more work on my loadout today I figure. Seems like a plan to me anyways.

LOL! That whole "great minds" thing again! I'm about to put down a couple scale miles of track today, a grade needs railing and my double main, main straightaway along the front is all set to be nailed. "Happy, happy, joy, joy!" pics will be forthcoming.

OK, now for some more pictures from the "Mississippi Coast Model Railroad Museum". These are from their "O" scale layout which is completed.
10-20-16 069.001.JPG10-20-16 070.001.JPG
10-20-16 071.001.JPG10-20-16 072.001.JPG

That's it for now. Next installment will be the "G" scale outdoor layout.

Willie

LOL! That whole "great minds" thing again! I'm about to put down a couple scale miles of track today, a grade needs railing and my double main, main straightaway along the front is all set to be nailed. "Happy, happy, joy, joy!" pics will be forthcoming.
Yes indeed. Pics most definitely coming.

Good morning, everybody.

Willie .... Thanks for posting the photos. That is an impressive display.

Gary P..... It looks like the beginning of another long hockey season.

Corey ... I am sad to hear about the divorce. Of course, you have friends here. I do hope you have friends and family living close by to encourage you. A divorce can be as painful as a death, and it is best if you can share your feelings with people you know. Some churches have support groups specifically for divorcees, and you may find it constructive to meet with them. ... Praying for you.

Eric .... I know it is about 2 hours from here to Marion, IL..... How much farther north of Marion are you ? ...

Actually, we were planning to go to a wedding in Alabama this weekend, but we are not going. I have decided to stay close to home after last week's trip to Cincinnati for a while. My surgery is coming up in mid-November.

Happy Model Railroading, everybody.

Good morning folks

Have a good day.

Corey
So sorry to hear of your wife's decision to divorce. It's not a death sentence, I'm proof of that. You just have to take it one day at a time, and yes, the trains will help immensely. I'm sure someday you will find one like my SWMBO (sorry, she doesn't have a sister!).
Keep the faith Brother, you'll make it! :cool:

Good Morning gang!

or should I say good afternoon? :confused:
Anyhow been up since dawn, loaded the trailer and made a dump run, the to Home Depot with SWMBO and the in-laws. Since 1 had the trailer out my FIL needed some plywood at the house. Me, I got some insulation, Round-Up and....
Saturday ceiling tile.jpg
.... 17 cases of ceiling tile, along with some metal angle to frame out the new ductwork. No working on trains for me for the foreseeable future!:rolleyes:
Sons #3 & 4 are due here in a bit to carry all the tile down the basement. What are kids for, right?? ;)

Louis I see you went crazy bidding,,,I hope your bids hold. If they do I may just deliver it all myself!!

Eric Big smile on my face when you reported the Tumor shrinking. Keep up the good work, we'll keep wishing, hoping and praying.

Bruce I see the rumors of your demise have been greatly exaggerated! Glad to see you back!

Time to start framing,,,CYA!

Great Day All! I see that the temps are dropping all over - which means 'old man winter' is approaching faster than I want.
Temps out here are still holding up pretty well into the fall. Supposed to be about 90 today (was 97 yesterday).

WILLIE: Lots of toys there - the kiddies must go wild seeing all those flashy colors. Still makes my eyes sparkle too!

ERIC: Those pics are a far cry from Georgia. Is that a tree I see on the horizon? LOL

COREY: Welcome back .. We are all here for you! My dad used to always tell me, "look up - not down"! I could tell you horror stories, but I will just say - Been there - done that! I know that it is not fun.

Computer out of juice - back later guys.

Afternoon All,

Watching the UCF/UCONN game. MOH is at her part time job until 6 pm, then her and daughter with grandkids are going to a outdoor showing of Hocus Pocus. I passed on it same as SIL.

Karl- That fork lift picture reminds me of when we picked up the wood flooring for upstairs. You are correct, when we did that project everybody, and I mean everyone was involved.

Joe- Nice looking Reading loco photo.

Justin- That's a great starter layout.

Willie- It always amazes me with what can be done with LEGO's. I love the Sta-Puft man.

Eric- Great scenery! It looks the same as when MOH was in the hospital the last time. I hope you are doing well.

Corey- I am very sorry to hear your news. Hang in there. I think initially you need to keep busy and not have a lot down time.

Gary P.- It sounds like a great time.

Here is a smooth version of what I posted a couple of days ago. As you can see it is 2 dwarf signals in 1 housing.

20161021_115713_zpsage4bykv.jpg

I hope everyone has a good night.

Well as promised. I have a pic for y'all. Made some more progress on the loadout section.
c129162d09848c4c46f8e4a18ea793a2.jpg

Not finished with it yet but I'm satisfied with my results so far.

Garry, from Marion to here is probably 2.5 to 3 more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Justin ... Much, much better than all that black before. Nice looking scene!

KARL -- That's a lot of work .. good luck. You better schedule a little down time in there for some train action.

Good afternoon. It's clear and 53, with a stiff wind out of the North.
For those of you wanting to expand your fleet, MB Klein is having a 25% off Athearn sale. That makes the items on their "selected" list pretty affordable.

Back