Running Bear's Coffee Shop LVIII

Merry christmas!

untitledSANTA.png

Attachments

• imagesSANTATRAIN.jpg
    imagesSANTATRAIN.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 213
Good Morning, 24 Degrees to start off Christmas Eve. We will have a white Christmas here. Now that the snow has settled there is about 2 feet on the ground.

I do want to wish everyone a MERRY CHRISTMAS.

Christmas train.jpg

Good Morning and MERRY CHRISTMAS to All. May we all here on the Forums have a very Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year. William.

Merry Christmas, everybody.

Toot ... That was funny .
WIllie ..... Thanks for commenting. The large buildings are made from kits of the Bachmann City Series. The window frams are separate plastic pieces which are glued into the sides of the building.

Belo is my rural scene now. I just built the WHite trick tractor to go with the livestock trailer.

rural%20scene%20with%20trucks.%20_zps5g3wc8pm.jpg

Below is a cropped photo so you can see the White tractor.

scene%20with%20trucks.%20...%20crop%20_zpsiaqbxjap.jpg

Morning All,
I have been out several days with a bad cold or a small case of the flu (had flu shot). I'm feeling somewhat better today. I wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas or whatever you believe in, and I wish everyone a very happy New Year in 2016.

Mind boggling Garry ... awesome scene and work.

Merry Day Before Christmas everyone ... from warm sunny CA.

We actually had about 3/4 inch of rain over the past week!

Once again, winter has come to the Pacific Northwest.
And once again, it's a wet Christmas instead of a white Christmas, although we did get some snow on the 22nd (*sniffs sadly* we were this close to having a white Christmas).
I think in all my 22 years, I've only ever witnessed one white Christmas (It was awesome though, almost a foot of snow on the ground and lots more coming down).

Sirfoldalot: I'd give my left arm for some warm sunny CA weather right now, my area in WA got close to 4 inches of rain over the past few days (Except for that brief snow flurry on the 22nd).

Anyways, here's wishing y'all a very merry Christmas! :)

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year to all of you & your families. Santa's helper (the mailman) just rang the doorbell & delivered a present from my wife. It's a BLI SW1500 in the US Steel Clairton Plant paint scheme. A really nice addition to my Western Pennsylvania collection. Hoping you get what's on your wish list too. Have a great Holiday...
Tom

Good afternoon. I decided to place my BLI T1 on the rails, and run it around while I finish wrapping gifts this afternoon.
It moved less than 10 feet, and the decoder went up in smoke. this is the third, and final, time this has happened. I will be sending it back for out-of-warranty repairs, and when it comes back this time, it will be immediately sold. I'm also rethinking whether to keep any of my BLI steam engines...
Other than that, it's still foggy, 74 degrees, and raining heavily.

Good afternoon. I decided to place my BLI T1 on the rails, and run it around while I finish wrapping gifts this afternoon.
It moved less than 10 feet, and the decoder went up in smoke. this is the third, and final, time this has happened. I will be sending it back for out-of-warranty repairs, and when it comes back this time, it will be immediately sold. I'm also rethinking whether to keep any of my BLI steam engines...
Other than that, it's still foggy, 74 degrees, and raining heavily.

Seems hit or miss with this stuff, I've got some Bachmans that 'everybody' hates (me too!) and they run like thunder, no problems, one of my BLI's ran backwards in fwd mode and vice/versa for about two weeks and then just died, I'm hoping it was just the decoder. My other BLI Steamer is a champ and just does not quit and the Shark has given me no trouble. The Riv has been a bit of a disappointment with them dang angel hair wires on the connector but that is fixable. So many things have to be right and only one needs to be wrong for these things to work at all, it's a wonder sometimes how you can make one lap without SOMETHING happening and other times you can run em all day and it's all good.

No snow in the middle of Michigan on Christmas, oh well, they's a COLD breeze whippin along out there! FEELS like Christmas!

Merry Christmas everyone! I ordered the rest of my switch throws hopefully I get those soon. Also does anyone know if bachmann put out a new series of GP40s? I just saw one on eBay that doesn't look anything like their usual garbage looking Chessie GP40s with a number I have never seen before.

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

Merry Christmas everyone! I ordered the rest of my switch throws hopefully I get those soon. Also does anyone know if bachmann put out a new series of GP40s? I just saw one on eBay that doesn't look anything like their usual garbage looking Chessie GP40s with a number I have never seen before.

They've cleaned them up quite a bit. The new ones have all wheel drive, knuckle couplers, and DCC. I doubt if they've added a bunch of details to them, but from what I remember, the old ones really didn't look all that bad.

Wow.... my old land surveyor boss, Taso, showed up out of the blue late this afternoon.
Brought me a bag of Lindt assorted chocolate truffles with a $20 bill attached.
He also says he has a neighbor who is selling an needs help remodeling for 4-6 weeks.
I was about to go to the beer store for cigs and some root beer (I have regular beer) so he gave me ride.
Dang if the beer store owner didn't give me a 12-pack of Bud!!! (my usual poison).

It'll be a quiet night for me I suppose. Got plenty of beer and a small bottle of the "Tennessee sippin stuff".

If I don't hear from anyone here tonight or tomorrow, you all have a Merry Christmas.
Just gonna be me and the cats.
E.

They've cleaned them up quite a bit. The new ones have all wheel drive, knuckle couplers, and DCC. I doubt if they've added a bunch of details to them, but from what I remember, the old ones really didn't look all that bad.
The old ones I have stick out really bad in my fleet. Now the western Maryland unit I have in the circus scheme doesn't appear too bad. I have it lashed to my Athearn GP40. I have one of the Bachmann GP38s that is my workhorse switcher. It looks fairly decent.

The old ones I have stick out really bad in my fleet. Now the western Maryland unit I have in the circus scheme doesn't appear too bad. I have it lashed to my Athearn GP40. I have one of the Bachmann GP38s that is my workhorse switcher. It looks fairly decent.

I guess it depends on how old "old" is. I'm referring to ones made in the last 10-15 years.

Have a blessed Christmas out there to all who celebrate. If you celebrate something else, then I hope that will be a great as well! There is an absolutely gorgeous full moon outside here in the Finger Lakes tonight. Truly wonderful. From my house to yours:

HopewellXmasEvew.png

ChristmasPhotoEntry.png

IT BEGINS!

In a traditional mode we exchange one gift on the eve and I got a wee Woodland Scenics "Foliage and Grasses" Pack with a bit of everything in it! Not a huge amount but a nice variety of different things I can try my hand at. Gonna start making a mess in a few days!

Back