Running Bear's Coffee Shop LVI

Good morning, 81 and humid today. Today's mission is to accompany the wife to her radiologist appointment, then stop at the mall and Costco.

Garry: have a safe trip.

Sherrel:
Well, GENTS: Went to the Doctor this morning first thing. On the way I had the requested blood draw from my primary and chemo dr's. Then picked up a flu shot along the way. Doctor confirmed that I do have a hernia and to be very careful lifting much of anything. If it drops into the sac - emergency room quick! Appointment set up Tuesday with surgery department for a second opinion and, I presume, to schedule surgery on same. Like I said yesterday -- Dammit!

Dammit, I thoroughly agree... be careful there old boy, and good luck. Get it fixed fast. They are quite uncomfortable. Who would have thunk that you would ever need a heater in SoCal? Personally, I feel that the cooling system should be flushed and the thermostat replaced every five years especially if the vehicle is not used frequently.

Louis:
Looks like a four team pennant race in the AL East. fasten your seat belt, and enjoy the ride.

Curt: I really like the coal yard scene.

Sherrel, as you requested.
PRT7708LastDay-26thSt.andEdgmontAve.April41936.jpg
Last day of the #77 trolley in 1936 . Next day it will be a bus.

Good Morning All: 65 degrees with cloudy/overcast fog. High expected of 82 with severe clear.
I have been up going on 5 hours already, but just sort of staring into space and wondering what's next.

ERIC: I think it's time that you do what the medical professionals suggest. You're "not gonna do this and not gonna do that" attitude certainly is not going to fix your problem.

Joe : Thanks for the nice photo. Last day for #77 - too bad; it sure looks better than a bus! Sort of reminds me of the horse-drawn trolley in 'The Shootist' .. (great movie).

Well, In my case - medical wise - I got some really disturbing news last evening. I'm not quite ready to throw it out right now; I think we should concentrate on getting Eric headed in the right direction first. Later gang!

Well, In my case - medical wise - I got some really disturbing news last evening. I'm not quite ready to throw it out right now; I think we should concentrate on getting Eric headed in the right direction first. Later gang!

You're pregnant again???!!!!!!

Afternoon All,

I vacuumed today and did my laundry (everybody does their own) while MOH was at her indoc at Jo-Ann's (part time). She is excited about it. I see a lot of fabric in our future!

Garry- Safe travels.

Joe- Nice historical photo.

Eric- I think you are making a mistake, but you are an adult and we will support you in whatever decision you make.

Hobos

20160908_133316_zpst1h1igu0.jpg

I hope everyone has a good night.

Guys, MRI simply terrifies me. I can not handle it.

As for the trach, we'll see. I think it's premature.
E.

Eric, I can be pretty stubborn, too. I think I know why they want it, but what reasons did they give you for putting in the trach tube? It probably is because your throat will be so sore from treatment, you wouldn't be able to swallow anything.

Hi guys, just checking in. Curt, really nice hobo shot!

Getting ready for the training aspect of my new job, I will be in Dallas for one week and Lincoln Nebraska for a week. I haven't been on a commercial airline for over 30 years, luckily I fly out of Duluth MN which is a pretty small place. I plan on travelling light so am not checking baggage.

I had a photographer over last night and he took a hundred photos of the layout. I started dismantling it today. One of the local train buffs is going to take it, I think we can get it out of the basement in two pieces and he only lives a couple miles away. He can have it for free in exchange for getting the basement cleaned up. We have been showing the house and it looks like it will sell easily.

I am keeping a bunch of the smaller buildings and all the rolling stock, vehicles, and details.

Everyone have a great day and rest of the week! Tomorrow is my last day at my old job. I fly to Dallas Sunday so I am not wasting any time!

Well Gents,
I don't have long to chat. Just enough to say see you all sometime next week.
Apparently things are far worse than imagined.
I'm only here for a few minutes and we're back to the hospital to check-in.
Tomorrow, I'll be getting a trach and feeding tube.
I'm absolutely bomb-shelled!!!!
Without it, they can't start necessary treatments because they'll destroy what little of me there is.
And with treatments.... will apparently I wouldn't have a whole lot of time the way it sounded.

I'll miss you guys!
E.

Terry,
I'm surprised you didn't put this up earlier when the topic arose.

[video=youtube;YKtlK7sn0JQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKtlK7sn0JQ[/video]

Well, In my case - medical wise - I got some really disturbing news last evening. I'm not quite ready to throw it out right now; I think we should concentrate on getting Eric headed in the right direction first

Sherrel: Without knowing anything other than your ominous announcement, I'm sorry to hear that... Suffice it to say, you are also added to my prayer list.

Eric and Sherrel, I will be praying for you both. Other's Health problems keep my problems in perspective.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back