Running Bear's Coffee Shop LVI

Good morning Everybody!

It's 71 with 69% humidity under partly cloudy skies in southeast Baltimore.

When it comes to talking trains with my wife her standard comment is "that's nice honey". I am lucky though because when I ask her about a major train purchase her standard answer is "get it if you want it" in other words I think she means to say "just shut up about it", but she is too nice to say that.

In-between all my other tasks I have been searching for a house to buy. I am just about out of space in my Basement for trains so I am now motivated to find a house, but the prices are not making me happy.

Now I am going to have to attend my grandson's soccer practices. Yesterday they gave my son-in-law a fit! Not only were they bad at practice they were leading other kids to follow their nonsense, including the coaches son! I won't let this go on.

When they stopped by after practice I asked them "what happened" they told me the truth and I said "I already knew, it's a good thing you told me the truth" The youngest said "how did you know?" the oldest told him "Pop always knows" My son-in-law told them "Pop is like Santa, he knows everything"

Have just got off the phone to ebay (as there is nothing on their dispute or any other pages to cover a written complaint on an issue like this) and they assure me they will be in contact with the seller to find out what the hell he thinks he's up to (or I hope that's what they will do, futilely no doubt). I've authorised them to view the messages sent and received and told them that I have absolutely no wish to have any contact or dealings with the seller, just a cancellation of the purchase and full refund. I can't believe this guys gall.

Don't worry King Toot, eBay's buyer protection is first rate. It won't very fast but you will get your money back.

Louis, thanks for writing that bit about your boys, especially the Santa Claus bit, so from henceforth thou shalt be known as "The Omniscient" (as far as kids are concerned anyway). Needed something to give me a chuckle. If I know ebay they won't cancel a paid for sale without a fight, but the seller deserves a good kick up the butt. We shall see. Nothing more satisfying than making a smart-asse's ass smart.

Good Morning All. Didn't cool off much last night, it's 76° and clear with light winds and 46% humidity. Didn't get a lot of time in the train shed yesterday between the dental visit, tree cutting and two visits to the pool. Saw a pair of deer during my walk yesterday morning, the first ones in about 9 months.

Joe - I'm not fond of doctors either. Mine is always wanting to put me on another prescription as I think that he gets a kickback from the non-generics that he prescribes. My mail-order pharmacy always sends generics anyway. Last time around he wanted me to start taking statin drugs; I said why? since my cholesterol was 170 - used to be 190. He said "just in case". I refused. Fortunately, I only take meds for blood pressure at this stage of life. I actually went from 1970 until 2005 without seeing a doctor with no problems.
Chet - I am in agreement regarding the implants, I have four already. The posts are already implanted for these and I will get the permanent crowns on them in January, when insurance kicks in again.
Sherrel - Good luck on the hernia. Maybe you're pedaling that RV too hard!;)
Eric - My thoughts go out for you. Is this permanent or just temporary until they can get other work done? Your life doesn't suck, you've just been sent a roadblock to overcome.
Louis - I too get the "blank stare" when I talk about trains with my wife. In the 5 1/2 years I have had the new train shed, she's been out there only twice! OK, maybe I'm blessed.
Mel - Didn't know that a person needed A/C in BC. I learned something new.
Terry - I wish that I could post something that would elicit a video response from you. ;););) Always enjoy your sense of humor.

Everyone have a great day.

Willie

Good morning folks.

Another rainy day in the upper Midwest.

I'm just hanging out on my half day off. I elected to work a half day on one of my days off to keep myself busy and for the extra money. I spoke to my wife last night and there is certainly hope for the future. I'm not certain but that's okay. One day at a time and things will come my way.

Eric, I'm praying for you man. Keep your chin up.

Louis, you certainly are a force for good when it comes to those boys. They will remember when they are older for sure.

Time for a walk on the old hamster wheel (treadmill). The good byproduct of all the crap lately is my need to spend energy somewhere other than drinking. Exercise has been a good outlet. The trains are going to get a visit from me this morning as well.

Have a good day everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Corey that treadmill is a great idea. A close friend of mine found himself with a cocaine and drinking problem. He took up running and it really helped. He has been clean for many years now. He did not stick to the running but to get over the hump it did help. From everything I have heard after the first few weeks it get easier, but you have to remain diligent for life. I know you can do it!

When it comes to my boys; when I say MY boys I mean it and they know it. I can't leave them to the wind or the streets. I have them both today after school and it's time for some hard labor. They don't know it yet, but if they work hard and I approve of the apology letters I will let them play video games today. Knowing my boys they probably do already think they will play video games so they will work hard for me.

A Baltimore City Fire Boat docked at the Canton Pier. This was demolished for the Conrad Hilton Hotel to be built. Newgate Avenue. Baltimore, Maryland. c1922

10678619_910611228963227_1229117206512605307_n.jpg

Boris I know you are familiar with Newgate Avenue.

Good morning model railroad fans. Starting off at 56 degrees with a morning shower.

Louis - Good luck on the house hunt. One of my favorite programs is House Hunters and House Hunters International. Maybe I'll see an episode with you in it. Cool photo.

Corey - Things sound optimistic with your wife. Hopefully in time things will work them selves out.

Toot - That's some experience with the ebay seller. I'm sure they'll take care of the problems. I don't go on ebay very often, but have never had a problem, so far.

Sherrel - Sorry to hear about the hernia.

Got to head to town and drop my Buick off at the shop. Hate to have to have someone else work on my vehicles as in most cases I can do the work. Winter will be coming and I want to flush the cooling system and flush the transmission. Unfortunately, I do not have the equipment to do this in my shop.

Later.

Good morning, 71 and swampy. While it looks like a downpour could occur at any time, forecast is for clearing...

Willie: Right now I'm researching for alternative meds with fewer of the offending symptoms. Since I do have a few problems that will need attention, I want to be sure that the meds for other conditions aren't contributing to the problem. I do recognize the need for medical professionals to do their jobs, without coaching from the peanut gallery, but by the same token, I'm paying big bucks for a service, and don't appreciate being taken for granted. Perhaps frequent changing of docs is better than sticking with the same practice over long periods of time.

Louis:
I do recognize that location. That's also a good looking fire boat. Those tug sized vessels really have a capacity to move water.

On and off rain here in Wisconsin and a forecasted temperature near 90 degrees. Its off to the layout room and do some projects that are not too demanding, but fun.

I use Center Line track cleaning cars and I found during the last track cleaning session that there must be a track nail that is raised up inside a tunnel and the rollers on the Cleaner Line cars will catch on the nail head and derail at times. Had this problem before and I removed many of the track nails and glued them in place to prevent movement.

Its a hassle working inside a tunnel, but I kept the tunnel inside open to gain access to the track if problems ever developed.

Greg

Chet:

Not a railroad subject, but did you ever try Toyota's Life Time coolants? When I had my 2004 Toyota Tundra I asked a service facility, not a Toyota dealer to flush my trucks cooling system and add replace the coolant.

The service manager said that I had the Toyota Life Time coolant and no replacement or flushing of system was ever needed. The coolant tested for -30 below zero and was clear.

Any other forum members have experience with Toyota's Life Time coolants?

Thanks.

Greg

Greg - I have heard of the Toyota Life Time Coolant, but have never tried it. I am sort of anal about keeping my cars serviced and like to flush the cooling systems on regular basis just to make sure that not only is the radiator clean, but to make sure that the heater core is flowing freely. Need that up here.

Good Morning All. Didn't cool off much last night, it's 76° and clear with light winds and 46% humidity. Didn't get a lot of time in the train shed yesterday between the dental visit, tree cutting and two visits to the pool. Saw a pair of deer during my walk yesterday morning, the first ones in about 9 months.
Terry - I wish that I could post something that would elicit a video response from you. ;););) Always enjoy your sense of humor.

Willie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oFi5BbxzJs

HA-HA .. WILLIE - and you shall receive .. Stag Pool Party .. HA-HA!

Quote Originally Posted by santafewillie View Post
between the dental visit, tree cutting and two visits to the pool. Saw a pair of deer during my walk yesterday morning, the first ones in about 9 months.
Terry - I wish that I could post something that would elicit a video response from you. Always enjoy your sense of humor.

Willie

SAY CHET: Learned what you said the hard way. Never touched nor even thought about the cooling system on my 98 Dodgem P/U. Then one cool morning crossing the desert out here I turned on the heater only to have it not work. The service tech, after doing a little testing, came in to me and asked me if I had ever had a flush to which I replied - NOPE!
Well I had completely stopped up the heater core, and after many attempts to unclog it, it just barely will to this day let enough flow to put out a candle's worth of heat. Guess I will just live with it as a heater really is not needed but seldomly.

Well, GENTS: Went to the Doctor this morning first thing. On the way I had the requested blood draw from my primary and chemo dr's. Then picked up a flu shot along the way. Doctor confirmed that I do have a hernia and to be very careful lifting much of anything. If it drops into the sac - emergency room quick! Appointment set up Tuesday with surgery department for a second opinion and, I presume, to schedule surgery on same. Like I said yesterday -- Dammit!

TOOT- I'm sorry I directed you to a bum seller on fleebay. The order I made from this seller more than a year ago went perfectly, good product shipped as stated, free postage etc.. Maybe a different person is selling stuff on the same site. Makes a person wonder.

WILLIE- Yes it can get very hot here in the summer, 85 to 95 is normal. The Fraser Valley where we live stretches more than 100 miles East from Vancouver and is in a "sub climate" as I call it. We have a very long growing season here, most fruit grows here including grapes. We had no snow last winter, temperatures will drop below freezing some nights in the winter. It rains a lot here during the winter, this mainly comes off the Pacific ocean. Some winters have a few inches of snow lasting a week to 10 days. The interior of BC can get very hot, the South central part contains Canada's only desert, temperatures in the interior can easily get to 100 degrees. Air conditioning is very common here, most new houses here
have central air. My house was built in 1988 with no AC. The northern part of BC is a different story, very cold and lots of snow.

Other than working some more on my bridge, nothing much on the agenda today, I'm sure MOH with find something though.

Mel

Back