Running Bear's Coffee Shop LVI

William- One of the things to remember about the Pennsy is that nothing is standard! Pretty funny for the 'Standard Railroad of the World'. I checked the files on one of the Pennsy sites I frequent for you.
Roof- Either freight car color (no leaks) or black representing a roof that has been tarred to cover leaks.

Body- Freight car color.

Trucks- Normally black but occasionally may be the same as the body.

Hope this helps you.

Toot
I can recall small ones around here when I was a kid, but haven't seen one for years. That one on your screen was definitely a monster compared to the ones I remember.

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

Ken what's up?
Hi Louis that's a good question and I'm glad you asked! :D

Since the last time I posted [Friday morning], I've been at my day job until 5:00pm, then went and did an hour's worth of treadmill running at my daughter's house. Family dinner and chores until ~10:30pm. This morning I did the lawn mowing and a few other yard chores, after which I spent the rest of the day soldering ~40 connections for a signal that I'm installing at the end my steel mill "drill" track.

So....after a cumulative 8 hours on-and-off of working on this project, the net result is the little dwarf signal at the lower right of the photo:

SteelMillDwarfCloseUp_sm.gif

At least now the boundary between my steel mill track and the B&O main is clearly marked.

Garry - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Lame - condolences on your loss.

Eric - hope the docs can find some alternative imaging method to the MRI:(

I don't have the time or energy to personally greet every Coffee Shop patron the way Louis does, and I'm not much of an expert on vintage automobiles. So I'll be signing off for now - g'nite!

Good evening. Wow, I didn't realize that my last post was that far back. My grandchildren, and my son are still here, and we have been busy with them, as well as the usual first of the month chores. I spent this morning preparing for a storm that may never come. They still have Tropical Storm Warnings up through the middle of next week, but the start of the rain keeps being pushed back. This morning, it looked likr it would rain at any time, by this afternoon, it was a pleasant September Day. Now the fun isn't supposed to start until after 2100 Sunday. Not for nothing, It's no wonder no one takes these warnings seriously. At ant point my Patio, is prematurely winterized.

The best answer for the question about the color of the cabin, is "I don't know". Back in the 1940s, I believe "Freight Car Color, was a brown tint. Then it became redder, more of an iron oxide. Tuscan red Aka passenger car color, also morphed into a redder color. Much depended on the supplier, the pigments used and any under coat. Although there are those who will vigorously disagree with me on this, color tint also varied, shop to shop. Personally, I believe Bowser's cabins are too red, or too glossy. Most cabin cars developed a nice coat of road dirt over the years between repainting. There was one cabin circa 1968, at Wilmington, that still had the circle Keystone and Buy War Bonds was patched out. The exterior was quite dirty. Most others had the Shadow keystone, or PRR Keystone. (All cabins in Wilmington remained assigned to road and local crews until Conrail).

Good Evening gang!

Yesterday was SWMBO & Me's 9 Anniversary. We started dating in 1978, took her that long to have me roped & tied!!:rolleyes: We went to a Japanese steak house called Sakura. It was dinner and a show as the chef was right there, cooking the meal and occasionally flipping a shrimp through the air and landing in someone's mouth! :cool: SWMBO kept looking at me funny cuz I ate my meal with chopsticks. When in Rome....:rolleyes:

Spent part of the day waiting for rain that never came, even though it lt got cloudy and windy for a bit. It was quite "sunny" in #2s house, because of this guy!
20160903_123613.jpg

Came home about 3, took a nap (Grandpa's privilege) ate dinner cleaned the basement, and played with OPTs, due to be picked up tomorrow.

20160903_191205.jpg

Looks like it could be a magazine cover eh?

Ken, Do you really think that's gonna keep me from fouling the main?? :cool:;):rolleyes:

Mel
Let me know how that turns out. Our woodstove has clear ceramic glass, that will not tolerate Windex. It will etch the glass. We have a special cream to clean the glass with. I broke one of the windows 2 years ago, cost me 90 bucks for a piece of glass for the door!:p.

Curt SWMBO wont let me on the riding mower anymore. I'll gladly do a little trimming rather than riding in circles for an hour or so!

Lame, our sincere condolences on your loss

Eric We have things up here called "accessible MRI" It's a stand up MRI, anything like that down there?

Garry, happy Birthday!!

Lawn work and playing with the new Pressure Washer tomorrow, fun!

L8ter!!

Last edited by a moderator:
GARRY, GARRY, GARRY -- Happy Birthday!

TOOT - Now you have done it! I am gonna dream about those walking sticks tonight.

TERRY - Thanks for pointing out that we have them too! I was counting on the Pacific Ocean being a boundary.

KARL beautiful looking photo!

Eric We have things up here called "accessible MRI" It's a stand up MRI, anything like that down there?

I'll dam sure ask about that Karl!!! Thank you.
This is Emory Medical so surely to God they would have the latest and greatest - I would think.
Standing up would sure get rid of the choking problem.

I figured they surely must have some other alternative.
E

Was surfing around on modeltrainsstuff.com last night and came across at santa fe gp50 athearn genesis and I couldn't resist so I bought it up. Ive been looking for one to run in consist with my gp40.

TOOT - Now you have done it! I am gonna dream about those walking sticks tonight.

I wouldn't let I bother you too much Sherrel, if it picks you up and flies off with you, you shouldn't have trouble taking charge, 's'not as big as a 747. And with it's tiny mouth it would take a long time to eat you :eek:

Good morning Everybody!

a nice cool morning in southeast Baltimore.

Ah I hear my wife has gotten up :) Now I am off to spend some time with my Angel Face

Have a great day Everybody!

Hah! My son and DIL who are returning to Aus once their house sells in the UK (gets listed Monday), asked me if there was any model train stuff they could bring back in their container 'cause it should be cheaper from there. The only thing I could think of would be some Peco track, being a UK brand. So I did some searching on the net. Couldn't get much info re prices from the official Peco site, so consulted ebay.co.uk. Only found 2 sellers with Peco streamline C100 and only 1 with C83 in bulk cartons. Had previously checked our ebay.com.au and got prices to compare.

On the UK site, of the 2, 1 was local, the other was Australian. The Aussie had a more expensive price when converted than the others on our own home site + shipping, and the UK seller wanted more than him, but the most ironic thing was ALL the UK sellers were indicating 'From the USA' as their source of supply.

I always believed that Peco track was all manufactured in the UK, but I guess truth be known, it's probably China.

Good Morning Everyone. A very pleasant 68° and clear skies here this morning. Spent time in the garden yesterday, preparing for fall planting. Right now the peppers and sweet potatoes are looking good, but the tomato plants are looking a bit ragged. I will be planting squash, lettuce and spinach first. I could plant green beans, but I canned over 20 pint jars in the spring and just don't need any more.
Out in the train shed, I hooked up the newest track to power to begin testing. Had an unexplained short somewhere that I never really found, but I disconnected and reconnected some wires and things worked flawlessly afterward. Everything works, but it is still connected by the NG method, with only one set of feeders, feeding 30' of track. There are a lot of dangling wires waiting for me.

Louis -
Willie pace yourself my friend.
Can't help but trying to stay active. Remember that an idle mind is the devil's workshop.
The windows didn't turn out as bad as I expected, but the curtains are a b***h.
Curt - Can I borrow your wife for a few days? My yard is looking rather ragged. I do have a 27 hp 54" tractor mower that she might like.
Karl - Wow, a 29 year courtship! My anniversary is Friday, our 44th. Don't worry, naps are good. I've been taking them since my late 20's.
Eric - I am surprised that they (Emory) didn't already tell you about the stand-ups. In some cases around here they have to use them on extra-large persons like football players.

I noticed that David (Trussrod) posted on another thread yesterday afternoon, so I guess he has returned.

Everyone have a great day.

Willie

Willie you are so very right!

The leading factor in my recovery and controlling my diabetes has been exercise. At first it was no more than a short walk back and forth in my basement. Now I can go for a great deal more, but I am limited because of my back.

The tricky part is to find the "sweet spot" never too little or too much.

Thanks for the update on David from CA, that is good news.

Time for me to pick up my Mom for our weekly Sunday morning grocery run. My Mom is 84 and is still active, because she is fortunate and has always been active.

Have a great day Everybody!

Good morning folks.

I haven't been in lately so I thought I'd stop by.

I've been working, working around the house and going to as many meetings as I can. Since Gina left, this is like starting all over with sobriety, only this time it's for me. I haven't spoken to her since Wednesday but I hear she's not done with me yet, she just "needs space." Well she's getting it. I don't know how to proceed with that so I'm just going to work on myself and let the chips fall where they may. Trusting in Gods plan is easy and extremely hard all at the same time.

I haven't been in the train room this week. Maybe that should be on my list of things to relax me too.

Time for a walk and then church and work. Have a good day everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Corey,
Thanks for the update, we're all concerned. It sounds like you are on the right path, and I do understand about following his path being easy and hard at the same time.

Corey, what you are doing is what you should and need to do. The plan you are following is the only one in the circumstances. Keep it up and hold fast to your resolve.

Good Morning, 62° and sunny this morning with equal amounts of thin clouds and blue sky. The Tropical Storm Warning has been amended. Now, it's for Monday into Tuesday. Rain probabilities have been reduced to a range of 20% to 40%, so it really doesn't look like much of a Tropical Storm, for all the media hype this has received locally. Even the barometer continues to hover near 30, during Sandy, it was against the peg on the lower end.

Corey:
Trusting in Gods plan is easy and extremely hard all at the same time.
That's only because we humans are prone to screwing up.
...only this time it's for me
Congratulations, you have figured out that you need to look out for yourself, first, others later.

Willie:
Right now the peppers and sweet potatoes are looking good, but the tomato plants are looking a bit ragged. I will be planting squash, lettuce and spinach first.
My tomato plants are still producing, although at a slower rate. The peppers are underachievers, and the egg plants are about ready to pick. We planted more lettuce and radishes. The deer continue to feast on the parsley. My lawn will need a lot of work, with the shortage of rain this year. Using municipal water for irrigation is very expensive, and private wells are verboten here. I also have some flower beds to rework. Perennials tend to become ragged after ten years. Now all I need is for the Lord to supply me with the energy to do this...
Yesterday, the grandchildren were falling apart, so someone suggested it was time for a nap. The 3½ year old boldly stated she was too grown up for a nap, to which I replied I was going to take my nap and they better be quiet. When the wife came into the room, she found both kids, Rufus the family dog and yours truly napping.

Chester Creek RDG Bridge.jpg
RDG Company Bridge over Chester Creek (PA). very similar in size and shape to the Walthers Single Track Bridge (933-318 Single Track Truss Bridge). Back in the day this was a movable bridge.

Back