Running Bear's Coffee Shop LVI

Sherrel I will keep you and your grandchildren in my prayers, don't give up hope. Surprise them and tell them you believe in them and you know they can be better, they may surprise you.

Tell them what the Duke said;
life-is-hard.jpg

I look forward to you insults :)

Louis - I can imagine the looks you got. My son is also about 6'8" and 220 pounds. A while back his vehicle was hit while parked and the insurance company got him a rental car from Enterprise. They came to pick him up with the car her was supposed to have, a tiny Ford Fiesta. He didn't get into it, he more or less put it on. Quite a sight. The did give him a larger car when he got to the office.

I have a number of vehicles that I can drive with the classic cars that we have. In daily driving I would guess that I put less than 6,000 a year on a car, but with so many to choose from, my main vehicle, a 2005 Buick LeSabre only has about 60,000 miles on it. Hardly broken in. It is extremely comfortable on long trips and to keep the mileage down, I was looking at new cars, but not any more. If I am expected to pay anywhere from $25,000 to $35,000 for a new car, I want it equipped the way I want it, not the way manufacturers think I want it. Guess I'll be saving a lot of $$$$.

Had to shut down this (censored0 electronic gizmo. Kept stalling, cursor had me cursing. Couldn't do a darn thing 'cept shut down.

WOW- The pictures youse guys post are awesome. Artistic beauties. The quality of the scenes make the trains unnecessary.

Phil

Good afternoon folks.

I haven't been in for a while because my wife moved out yesterday. She said Sunday night she was going to stay at her moms for awhile to sort out her feelings. Well, she emptied the house of ALL of her things yesterday while I was at work! She is completely irrational and won't explain herself to anyone, including her family. I just have to do my thing and wait I guess. One eye on her and one on the future. Sorry to unload, but I don't have the drinking thing anymore so I find that talking about it helps. Wish me luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Afternoon All,

MOH is volunteering at the school today. My next time to volunteer is the middle of September for the book fair. We got rain cells throughout the night. No rain so far today but it is starting to get dark here. If the tropical storm maintains it's course I will be just on the outside of the cone of uncertainty. Phil will be slightly inside it. Of course we still have 2 days for it to change.

Sherrel- It will probably around 2-3 weeks before I start on it. Before that I will do the weigh station project. I don't like doing more than 1 project at a time if it can be helped.

Chet- Nice pictures.

Terry- We buy our alkaline batteries from Dollar Tree also. For my throttle I use rechargeable Powerex 9.6 V batteries.

Willie- Very nice. I have a lot of respect for you guys with multilevel layouts. I usually don't watch the NFL for the same reasons several of you mentioned. Saying that, I do like to watch college football...Go Gators!

Toot- I have heard they are very helpful if you call them directly (no personal experience with them).

My son gave this to me several years ago as a gag gift, and I just recently found it again. He gave it to me because it's labeled for the last sub I was stationed on (1987-1992).

20160830_133418_zpsupiai2w2.jpg

I hope everyone has a good night.

Sorry to hear that Corey. Lets hope that she can get her thoughts together after a break and come to her senses. She should be happy that you have stayed away from alcohol.

Good afternoon ..

Sherrel .... That's okay. I was being frugal with the bridges. (Louis will be proud of me. :rolleyes:). I need the trusses for my upcoming bridge project. I suppose I could have bought a new bridge, but I felt like being "tight"... The Atlas trusses were surplus in my accumulation of model train stuff, and decided to use them. on thee highway bridge.

Corey ... We'll be praying for you and your wife. I hope you are on good terms with her family, and they will help her through this.

Good afternoon folks.

I haven't been in for a while because my wife moved out yesterday. She said Sunday night she was going to stay at her moms for awhile to sort out her feelings. Well, she emptied the house of ALL of her things yesterday while I was at work! She is completely irrational and won't explain herself to anyone, including her family. I just have to do my thing and wait I guess. One eye on her and one on the future. Sorry to unload, but I don't have the drinking thing anymore so I find that talking about it helps. Wish me luck!

Sorry to hear about the wife. Mine demanded we see a counselor a couple months ago and when we went he said me getting a new job would probably fix it. Well, I got the new job and she is a lot happier, and so am I. It wasn't that easy though, I had applied for about a total of 4 jobs over the last 3 years. The one I landed requires that we move, which is a pain in the but. It is worth it if we can be sane at home!

We had to go to one session individually and then one with both of us. And that is the end of it. All told, it cost about $450.00. Probably cheaper than a divorce.

I hope you can work it out.

I asked her to see a counselor but she said she needs space to breath and then maybe it will work. Her family and mine are livid. She's acting quite strangely. I've know her since we were 16 and have never seen her act like this. Mid life crisis or something. We're thinking it has to do with me not drinking, even though she was the one pushing for it. I don't know if it will work out or not. Mean while I get to pay for a 5 bedroom house by myself!! Thanks for the well wishes.

Corey,
I'm in a similar situation right now. If you feel like talking feel free to message me. I hope everything goes well for you.
Matt

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

I asked her to see a counselor but she said she needs space to breath and then maybe it will work. Her family and mine are livid. She's acting quite strangely. I've know her since we were 16 and have never seen her act like this. Mid life crisis or something. We're thinking it has to do with me not drinking, even though she was the one pushing for it. I don't know if it will work out or not. Mean while I get to pay for a 5 bedroom house by myself!! Thanks for the well wishes.

Too bad you don't live by White Bear Lake. I could use temporary housing in that area, 3 nights per week, while we sell our home in Cloquet. I checked the real estate web site and most homes take 80 or more days to sell in my area, wheras in the cities many are selling in a week or less.

Real estate is moving pretty well right now, I guess that may be an option for you as well???

Just dropped in briefly, saw your note, Corey. I went through that 13 years ago... which isn't to say that the story is necessarily the same. For me, it did mean the end of my first marriage, but every person's experience in this realm is different.

That it happened when you stopped drinking is surprisingly common from what I read, though.

One thing that helped me a lot was individual counseling at that time, and I recommend that to anyone going through stress of this or any other kind. So even if she won't go to one, consider seeking one yourself. My best wishes to you and your family.

The Annual Windows10 (didn't know there'd been any before) update is due soon. Apparently a BIGGIE.

Corey and Matt we are with you both.

Matt that is the first I heard, I know men are supposed to be some kind of whatever, but we all need to vent and to have someone listen who cares. Don't try to be like some stereo type, talk to somebody. Are you still a "road dog" or are you back in the shop?

The rest of you guys, once again you all impress me! There are some really top notch people on this forum!

Garry not only am I proud of you, I am proud and thankful to know you!

DSD, good to see you!!!

Chet if I were you I would ride that Buick, that is one fine car! Put an all new drive train in it when the need comes and still save yourself big money. If you really want something new you can buy corvette motors in a crate. Buy yourself a car a used GM with a V-8 and drop in a brand new corvette motor. Don't get locked up.

I got crazy one day and went to buy an Impala SS on a whim. I wanted to drive it home that day, maybe 2006 or so and I could not find one without a $900 Bose audio package within 100 miles. What's that maybe 10-20 million people in a 100 mile radius and not one new Impala SS without a Bose audio package? I love music but $900? That brought me back to my senses. I think it was my illness because I have never gotten that crazy since.

Good evening. It is a smokey 86 degrees out with 1% humidity. Not good for the folks fighting the forest fires.

Louis - I plan on keeping that Buick and run it until the wheels fall off. I had bought a 2013 Chevy Impala, but did not trade in the Buick, as I just wanted another vehicle to use as a daily driver to keep the mileage on the Buick down. After a while I really didn't care for the Impala and got rid of it. The 3800 V-6 in that Buick is about bullet proof. Back in 1987 Buick put that engine in a Skylark with an intercooled super charger and it was the fastest production car in the US for that year. It would blow the doors off of a Corvette that year. Even for a large car, I can easily average 29 to 30 MPG in every day driving and it can get 34 to 35 MPG on the highway.

I have a Corvette engine in my '59 Impala which came out of a C-06 Corvette.

Corey and Matt - Sure hope things work out for you guys for the best.

I'll post a parting photo for the night. Here's an Alco switcher at the top of my two and a half percent grade. If you look carefully you can possibly make out the super elevation of the track.

IMAG0859.jpg Time for supper, catch you later.

Chet I have driven many Impalas I have rented them any times and I don't like the 3500 v-6 a few of them made strange noises.

My cousin had one of those Buicks, Grand National I think it was . They said it was the fastest production car and it did take off like a bat out of hell, but my buddies big block 460 would run it down in less than a mile. He had about 8 grand in the engine so it better. It was in a 1971 2 door LTD with a 2.75 9 inch rear God knows what the top end speed was. Those 460s were cheap to buy and easy to find, but they could run up a big bill in the rebuild.

Matt ... I'm sorry to learn of your situation. Prayers for you.
Corey ... Feel free to let us know how you are doing to night. We care.
Louis ... Thank you very much , but I don't deserve such a kind remark.,
Chet ... I used to have a 1987 Buick LaSabre with the 3800 V6... Worst car I ever owned because the engine died. I had to buy a new engine. ... Another great photo from you.

Back