Running Bear's Coffee Shop LVI

Good morning folks.

Beautiful morning so far. It's suppose to be in the 80's today and then 70's moving forward.

Willie, I hope you have a wood burning stove or fireplace to make use of all that wood! Either that or sell it to someone who does.

Gina and I are getting along quite well and work is kicking butt. I need to do whatever I can to keep both things going that way!

I'm thinking I need to do something train related today, just to move things along. I have a roof to cut and install for my building that's in the works. Maybe between church and work. Or, maybe right now!

That's it for now. Have a good day everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HERE is the link showing what is up so far, there will be 12 more items by tomorrow evening, with probably another 50-60 lots by the end of next month. Mostly Lionel Ho, Bachmann and Tyco stuff, but an occasional Athearn or Walthers piece.

And I haven't started on the structure kits yet, many of the still sealed.

Karl I have my bids in, if you want let them ride until I see all your stuff or ship them as they sell, what ever is easier for you. I am almost positive I will be interested in more of your great stuff. And thank you for all the great stuff I have gotten from you previously. You always under value and grade your things low, you are a great eBay seller!

Chet I hope I did not offended you with my Foghorn Leghorn cartoon, I though one silly cartoon deserved another.

To be honest that is part of the problem; cartoons, catchy one liners, misinformation and twisted truths. I am a bottom line guy, like old detective Joe Friday use to say; "just the facts ma'am"

My final comments on my rant and the topics in it; I am sorry if my rant rattled some cages, that was not my intention. I was only frustrated with this crazy over priced mess! The ACA won't work if we all don't participate and I think at least 15 states refuse to do so. Many people in those states are suffering, going broke or both! Therefor we need to do something different. No deal is a good deal unless it is good for everybody.

I refuse to cheat or take advantage of anybody.

We the people should work together to come up with something better, forget partisan politics and just do what is best for all of us. I don't know what that is, but I am willing to accept what ever the majority agrees on. I just hope and pray its simple and cost effective.

Have a great Sunday Everybody, God Bless us Everyone!

Willie you got it! Those boys wore me out! I was teaching them to turn the double play at second base. Then we played a scrimmage game. I struggled to watch my Saturday afternoon westerns, nodding off in my chair.

I feel like that truck that hit me last week hit me again and backed over me too! Don't worry I will be ok. :)

The Mom's were expecting and end of year party, but forget that!

We played ball, that is my kind of party!!!

Keep on grinding Corey!!!

These old guys keep grinding because they keep it clean, you can do it too my friend. We are all praying and pulling for you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDveDuHo3qo

Greetings earthlings....
Thought that I'd pop in for hot cup of joe....refill anyone?
Will attempt to go over my M&W roster again and the trackage! :lol:

I hope that you all are doing well!

Good morning ....

Willie ... .Thanks for commenting on the bridge project. The highway bridge was easy because I re-used the same roadway. I used Atlas trusses for the sides, and did not need to modify them. The pier in the middle is a simple block of wood. ....... The next bridge project will take quite a while. It will need spans connected end-to-end. I have built one Campbell truss bridge already. The second one will use the sides I removed from the first highway bridge, and it will have to be re-designed to fit a certain location. ... I won't have much model railroad time the next two weeks, and therefore, it will be a while before ai accomplish much on my bridges.

Eric ... I recall you grew up in Illinois. I wonder if your father is coming from there to see you. Perhaps he will be on I-24 in KY. If so, he will be very close to where I live.

Louis ... Let us know about your acquisitions from Karl's Ebay.... Perhaps, the two of your should make your deals directly to save the excessive Ebay fees and PayPal fees. .... I, too, would like to see everybody agree politically, but they can't agree with all of the misinformation believed by so many people. ... Good to hear about the boys and baseball.

Corey ... It sounds like both you and your wife are being rewarded by what you are doing..... Glad to hear about it.

Happy Model Railroading, everybody

Good to see you 113!!! I'll have a refill please.

Garry I forgot to mention about your bridge, it looks fantastic. I think it is a contender for any contest and when you say you are going to build it quick you mean it!

I found this on Facebook from the B&O Museum and I thought I would share with those who don't use Facebook (see not everything on Facebook is from clowns, just most of it.)

Today in 1830 marks the anniversary of the race between steam locomotive, “Tom Thumb”
and the horse. The horse won because a blower belt broke on the locomotive.
Tom Thumb race with horse 8-28-1830.jpg

The reason is the fireman became annoyed at the whistling, sat on the safety valve to keep it from venting steam in an early study in rationalization.
The fireman was the only one killed in the resulting boiler explosion, the engineer was off the locomotive tending to a switch or car. That is the main reason engineers are not to leave their engines.

Eric ... I recall you grew up in Illinois. I wonder if your father is coming from there to see you. Perhaps he will be on I-24 in KY. If so, he will be very close to where I live.

That's correct Garry. He's coming from Sullivan, IL. About 30 miles west of the Mattoon-Charleston exit on I-57.
57 to 24 to 75. It's only walking distance from I-75 exit 287 Glade Rd.
I've travelled that route boatloads of times myself.
E

A quick good morning. We just got back from a Sunday morning brunch. Nice little mom and pop restaurant. All you can eat for five bucks. I think I chowed down on at least a pound of BACON. Maybe two, or three. Presently 80 degrees with a start at 56. Quite smokey today from various forest fires in the area. Yellowstone Park has three major fires, just south of us.

Louis - Not at all offended. Hope you're recovered.

Willie - I guess I could set up a work bench in the basement, but then I would have to heat it in the winter. The only room with heat in the basement is the train room. Can't see turning the heat on for a short period of time and then turning it off again. Besides, the trip up and down to the train is good exercise.

Karl - Will the link you posted show additional items for sale ?? I have bookmarked the site. So far I haven't seen anything I can use, but it sound like you'll have a lot of items coming up.

Terry - Sounds like you may have won a DCC battle. I'll stick with my DC thank you very much. I'm too old to argue with electronics. Had enough of that in the service.

The NASCAR race will be coming on soon so I am going to get out of here. Maybe I'll have some time to spend in the train room after the race.

Later.

Afternoon All,

Spent a couple hours yesterday researching Pennsy Truc Trains for my future project. Today I made 2 signs for the weigh station that I hope my kids give me for my upcoming birthday. If not then I will buy it myself for the coal mine main exit. My son is actually leaving for Atlanta on Wednesday instead of Friday like I thought.

Garry- Very nice job on the bridge. Do you have any other views of it?

Mel- That's a lot of plums!

Terry- Stay Safe.

Chet- Nice work. I don't like a cluttered workbench. Even when I work on something for more than 1 day I usually put everything up that I can. I have a touch of OCD...just a touch:rolleyes:. It served me well in the Navy and EMS.

Eric- I'm glad your father will be there tonight or tomorrow.

20160828_154837_zpscsqndnlf.jpg

I hope everyone has a good night.

Karl - Will the link you posted show additional items for sale ?? I have bookmarked the site. So far I haven't seen anything I can use, but it sound like you'll have a lot of items coming up.
I just got finished Photographing and packing 12 additional lots, with 10 more picked and placed in boxes. They still need pictures taken yet and padding added. The 12 will go up tonight and the rest later in the week, with more still to come once I can get some more boxes!

Quiet today. Summer is coming to an end so I guess a lot of people are trying to enjoy what's left of it.

Karl - I will keep an eye out on the ebay site.

I did manage to find some time to go down to the basement and run trains. Put the little Milwaukee Road switcher to work for a while.

IMAG0862.jpgIt was up into the high 80's so the train room was a lot more comfortable.

Still quite smoky out with the winds coming from the south, I imagine it is from the Yellowstone fire.

Catch you later.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good evening. I just returned from participating at a new RV show in Raleigh. We transported 6 new Airstream trailers, sold two, and have appointments back at the dealership for the other 4. Now y'all know the other reason, besides computer issues, I haven't been around the forums much over the last few days.

That's correct Garry. He's coming from Sullivan, IL. About 30 miles west of the Mattoon-Charleston exit on I-57.
57 to 24 to 75. It's only walking distance from I-75 exit 287 Glade Rd.
I've travelled that route boatloads of times myself.
E

Eric ... If you make another trip to IL, perhaps we can schedule time to meet for coffee, etc.

Chet ... I like the MILW switcher. Glad you had some train operating time.

Terry ... Glad to hear about the sales.

Curt ... Thanks for commenting. If I get a chance, I'll take more pictures. I like the signs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got off the phone with Dad about 15 minutes ago. He's only an hour and a half out and decided he'll just go ahead and push it on through. In fact he had just passed a sign saying 24 miles to Chattanooga. His GPS thing says he'll be here around 11:20.
Says he's pretty beat from driving all day. I don't doubt that. He said we'll probably just drag in his stuff, blow up air mattress and he's ready to crash.
Actually, I was already about to lay down but figured I just go ahead and call. To be honest I fully expected to hear him say he had already stopped somewhere for the night.
E.

The Airstreams are certainly an American Icon, see the occasional one here, but usually of the earlier highly polished varieties. This is the most common type of styling
front1.jpg

Some go to extremes with them

Back