Running Bear's Coffee Shop LIX

Good morning everyone. Not as cold here in South Carolina but I manage a food warehouse and just got done in a -1 degree freezer so its cold! It's supposed to only get in the 40's here this weekend. Sounds like a good time for coffee, Netflix and our dogs. The basement isn't heated yet so its a good thing I'm still in my track planning stages!

Good morning folks.

I haven't been in for awhile and thought I'd pop in and say hi. I've been busy with work, life, and a new woman! Kinda fast to meet someone but it's pretty fun so far. She's an upgrade in every way from the ex so I'm trying to not mess it up! No trains for for me lately but at least the new lady approves of them. She seemed intrigued when I first showed them to her so that's good. I hope everyone is well. I'll stop in again soon.
Have a good day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good morning everyone. Not as cold here in South Carolina but I manage a food warehouse and just got done in a -1 degree freezer so its cold! It's supposed to only get in the 40's here this weekend. Sounds like a good time for coffee, Netflix and our dogs. The basement isn't heated yet so its a good thing I'm still in my track planning stages!

Just a quick suggestion on the heat. Consider electric baseboard.

COREY. Good to see you. Several inquires have been made in your direction.
Glad to see that you are in better spirits and best wishes for the "new" direction, and the holidays.

WILLIE. As a friend once told me .. Maybe if I am keeping them occupied -- then maybe they are leaving some other poor smuck alone!
Back in the 80's I lived in New Mexico but was domiciled in LA. State was after me for taxes for years even though I had never lived there. They are much worse than the Federal people.

Corey .... Good to see you .... I wish you the best !

New Guy ..... Speaking of Detroit...... I spent many years working in downtown Detroit, and my Main Squeeze was born there.

Just saying ... That little cold snap in the Dakota's should seperate the men from the boys on the pipeline front!

Where are all those people from? Doesn't anyone in this country work anymore?

Just saying ... That little cold snap in the Dakota's should seperate the men from the boys on the pipeline front!

Where are all those people from? Doesn't anyone in this country work anymore?

I was thinking about that when I looked at my thermometer this morning.

Corey .... Good to see you .... I wish you the best !

New Guy ..... Speaking of Detroit...... I spent many years working in downtown Detroit, and my Main Squeeze was born there.

Almost a Homie! LOL!

I was born at Saratoga Hospital, long gone now. We lived in Highland Park across the street from the High School till the riot's occurred and Dad moved us up to Cheboygan.

My Grandparents had a house on IOWA near 6 mile, Vandyke, Nevada, that area, and I spent a lot of time there till the 90's, after Grampa died she moved to Lansing. SAD as heck and twice as mad the last time I was brave enough to drive down IOWA (2004) and saw the garage had burned down, the porch was gone and the whole block looked like a color photo of Stalingrad! When I was younger it was a nice area of older Polish and young black family's and everybody got along great! I don't know what happened to the place but it ain't pretty.

I'll look into it. My heating ducts are right overhead so I could cut vents in but the floor will still be cold. I have one of those electric fireplaces that blows out heat but it's like the heater in my ol truck, makes it 90 degrees and puts you right to sleep!

Good morning folks.

I haven't been in for awhile and thought I'd pop in and say hi. I've been busy with work, life, and a new woman! Kinda fast to meet someone but it's pretty fun so far. She's an upgrade in every way from the ex so I'm trying to not mess it up! No trains for for me lately but at least the new lady approves of them. She seemed intrigued when I first showed them to her so that's good. I hope everyone is well. I'll stop in again soon.
Have a good day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So glad to hear you are still among us, and with a new friend to boot! Sounds promising!! ;) Keep in touch !

Almost a Homie! LOL!

I was born at Saratoga Hospital, long gone now. We lived in Highland Park across the street from the High School till the riot's occurred and Dad moved us up to Cheboygan.

My Grandparents had a house on IOWA near 6 mile, Vandyke, Nevada, that area, and I spent a lot of time there till the 90's, after Grampa died she moved to Lansing. SAD as heck and twice as mad the last time I was brave enough to drive down IOWA (2004) and saw the garage had burned down, the porch was gone and the whole block looked like a color photo of Stalingrad! When I was younger it was a nice area of older Polish and young black family's and everybody got along great! I don't know what happened to the place but it ain't pretty.

You may appreciate this short story ...

St. Peter ....... "God, there are 20 souls from Detroit who just arrived at the Pearly Gates. We have never had any come from there before. Should I let them in?"

God ..... "Yes, St. Peter .... Go back to the Pearly Gates, and let them in."

St. Peter ..... "Yes, Sir. I shall do so."

..... Later ...... St Peter runs back to God ..

St. Peter ..... "God ! They are gone !"

God ........ "The souls from Detroit ?"

St. Peter ....... "No Sir. The Pearly Gates are gone!"

Afternoon All,

I have been thinking about adding a passenger station back onto my layout. The siding I want to put it on is currently a passing siding in front of my yard. It can hold 4-65' passenger cars and motive power without obstructing the main. In this photo the tracks going under the station would change to the T/O would go away and the thru track would become a short stub that stops in the area of the yard office. I have a series of 4 photos and I'm not sure if the station is too large for the area. What are your thoughts?

20161207_112309_zpscpwxusku.jpg

In this photo the track under the platform goes away. The track to the left of that is partially removed and bends to the left to join the track with the red cardboard "switch"

20161207_112343_zps8usxjzjk.jpg

Would your town the station would serve be large enough for that sized station? Could you add to the front benchwork and put the station on the mainline? Freights could run the siding when a passenger train is stopped. Just a thought.

... I have been thinking about adding a passenger station back onto my layout. The siding I want to put it on is currently a passing siding in front of my yard. It can hold 4-65' passenger cars and motive power without obstructing the main. In this photo the tracks going under the station would change to the T/O would go away and the thru track would become a short stub that stops in the area of the yard office. I have a series of 4 photos and I'm not sure if the station is too large for the area. What are your thoughts?

http://s1082.photobucket.com/user/curtwbb/media/Misc/20161207_112309_zpscpwxusku.jpg.html

Curt - rather than sacrificing any of your existing track, have you thought about the possibility of bolting-on 6"x18" extension over the fascia and putting the station building & parking lot on that? I probably need to draw a diagram to describe my idea, but I don't have time to do that right now since I'm at work...

Last edited by a moderator:

Back