Running Bear's Coffee Shop August 2018

I agree. Especially since you didn't get the option to agree to the new terms.
Basically, if I didn't agree to the new terms, I had to pay off my account, and close it. Since I didn't have the money to pay the account off, I'm stuck with it. Though you can rest assured paying this off ASAP is now financial job 1.

Basically, if I didn't agree to the new terms, I had to pay off my account, and close it. Since I didn't have the money to pay the account off, I'm stuck with it. Though you can rest assured paying this off ASAP is now financial job 1.
That finance company has been here for quite some time, although I haven't seen much of them recently, probably hiding behind other names now. They got a bad reputation very early. The problem with contracts for no interest if paid off within a stated term is, if you don't do so and go over the term, all of the interest you would have saved, gets suddenly applied to the whole amount from the start date of the loan. Sharking is not just the preserve of the 'private' lenders either.

Chet, great video of the club and a 'bewdy' little camera, ideal for model train use. Those 2 GP35's you caught in Livingston, seem to be on permanent switching duty for R-Y Timber Inc, on US 89. I believe the track is the old route to Yellowstone Park. It now ends just past the timber mill and is used by MRL as a wye to move those Centerbeam flats in and out of the mill.

I think it's unethical, at best, to change the terms of a payment agreement after the contract on both sides has been agreed to.

Bankers are not ethical.....Only you the consumer must abide by the terms and conditions of a two party agreement....They can change the terms anytime they see fit. if you do not agree, the note is due in full on demand. See the fine print!

Best bet, pay cash. If you can't do that, pay them off as soon as you can.

Boris

I would quite like to modify a Walthers coach to something like this sometime. Have been trying to find kits for the Obs end without success. Anyone point to a maker?
1534043302908.png

I've not seen anything like that? Old Sport, I think you are going to have to build that one!
Sure is a looker?
I've got the coach with the correct window placement on that side, the other side has a couple of minor differences. This coach is a private varnish and the end is definitely a custom job to the normal Obs platform. This is more what I was thinking of but on a lightweight Streamline coach.
1534068846103.png

I've got the coach with the correct window placement on that side, the other side has a couple of minor differences. This coach is a private varnish and the end is definitely a custom job to the normal Obs platform. This is more what I was thinking of but on a lightweight Streamline coach.
View attachment 29765
I can see using an old Rivarossi streamilne cars to get what you're looking for.Use the roof section of a dome car, and the rounded end of an old Athearn OBS car, with the fluting sanded off.

I'll keep an eye out at our next Buy, sell and swap in September. Have seen a few Rivarossies, ConCor and others come up at them.

Good Morning All. 71° and cloudy. Rain is still in the forecast, it danced around us all day and night, with a minor sprinkle here. It only managed to reach 82° yesterday, but at 91% humidity, it was uncomfortable. Let's see if we get lucky today with the rain. I made some new stuff for supper last night that didn't involve the grill; baked coconut shrimp and baked Italian cauliflower to go with a tossed green salad. Worked out very well and even my wife liked them both. Cauliflower was coated with olive oil, garlic, Italian bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese before going into the oven to bake. It's a keeper that beats the usual steamed cauliflower. The coconut shrimp was also delicious, I don't like to deep fry foods at all and we get a lot of "off the boat" large shrimp in Texas. This batch was air-freighted with dry ice to us by my BIL who is vacationing on the coast in his RV. We have bought some from the same "shrimpers" whenever we stay down there.

Out in the train shed, I spent some time vacuuming parts of the layout under the upper level where I installed fascia recently. Surprising how much debris gets dislodged by whacking nails with a hammer; sawdust, wood splinters, dead insect bodies and loose screws from unused blocks in terminal strips. Ran the track cleaning train even though I don't think that it was needed, just a proactive step. I selected another structure from the stash to occupy the workbench and provide diversion (while paint and glue dried on the scenery) as I tackle the next section of scenery. It's an advanced DPM Landmark structure kit that's called "Our House". No longer offered on their website as a kit, but it is available as a built-up called "Home Sweet Home".

Chet - Thanks for the comments on the structure that I posted yesterday. That building makes it easy to add an interior, it has locating pegs on the walls to rest a cardstock or styrene floor on for both levels. I am also going to add lighting once I figure out how I am going to actually do it. Everything that makes it good for adding an interior also makes it difficult to disguise wiring. It will be a small printing plant staffed with some of my surplus employees with hardhats that I seemed to have accumulated.
Although I have probably commented on your cabinet shop before, I will repeat that is very nicely done.
Jesse - OK to rant here, after all it is the Coffee Shop. Been there and done that while working for the window company during my career. Multi-family jobs were notorious for demanding certain delivery dates and calling after the truck was loaded to postpone delivery because the streets weren't paved yet or some permitting issue prevented delivery.
Joe - I agree, pay cash if you can.

Today is National Vinyl Record Day. For those of you youngsters out there, a vinyl record is an analog sound storage medium consisting of a flat disc which has an inscribed, modulated spiral groove. I'm waiting for tomorrow which is National Filet Mignon Day, a particular favorite of mine.
Everybody have a great day.

I suppose some day I should try to do MRL's business train, here's the Silver Cloud, looks nice a straight don't it?
1534078165260.png

It might actually be a bit hard to simulate the wrinkles though, especially in the chrome bits
1534078576830.png

Good morning ...

We were in Nashville all day yesterday visiting relatives. ...

Toot .... The MRL business train looks nice. I don't recognize the business car. Perhaps it was moriginally a coach that was rebuilt. The dome car ahead of it looks like one of the Budd domes used by GN for the Empire Builder or NP for the North Coast Limited.

Jesse .... A couple of days ago, you were asking for ideas. I think you could find a good used industrial building that should not cost very much. Some hobby shops have used buildings. Also, there are train shows and Ebay .. Another thought is to look through a Wlathers catalog for ideas.

Regarding sheets of Evergreen plastic.... Here is my scratch-built grain elevator using Evergreen styrene .....

35966994554_5429a6d3da_b.jpg

36755104966_97642788ae_b.jpg

Good Morning All. 71° and cloudy. Rain is still in the forecast, it danced around us all day and night, with a minor sprinkle here. It only managed to reach 82° yesterday, but at 91% humidity, it was uncomfortable. Let's see if we get lucky today with the rain. I made some new stuff for supper last night that didn't involve the grill; baked coconut shrimp and baked Italian cauliflower to go with a tossed green salad. Worked out very well and even my wife liked them both. Cauliflower was coated with olive oil, garlic, Italian bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese before going into the oven to bake. It's a keeper that beats the usual steamed cauliflower. The coconut shrimp was also delicious, I don't like to deep fry foods at all and we get a lot of "off the boat" large shrimp in Texas. This batch was air-freighted with dry ice to us by my BIL who is vacationing on the coast in his RV. We have bought some from the same "shrimpers" whenever we stay down there.

Out in the train shed, I spent some time vacuuming parts of the layout under the upper level where I installed fascia recently. Surprising how much debris gets dislodged by whacking nails with a hammer; sawdust, wood splinters, dead insect bodies and loose screws from unused blocks in terminal strips. Ran the track cleaning train even though I don't think that it was needed, just a proactive step. I selected another structure from the stash to occupy the workbench and provide diversion (while paint and glue dried on the scenery) as I tackle the next section of scenery. It's an advanced DPM Landmark structure kit that's called "Our House". No longer offered on their website as a kit, but it is available as a built-up called "Home Sweet Home".

Chet - Thanks for the comments on the structure that I posted yesterday. That building makes it easy to add an interior, it has locating pegs on the walls to rest a cardstock or styrene floor on for both levels. I am also going to add lighting once I figure out how I am going to actually do it. Everything that makes it good for adding an interior also makes it difficult to disguise wiring. It will be a small printing plant staffed with some of my surplus employees with hardhats that I seemed to have accumulated.
Although I have probably commented on your cabinet shop before, I will repeat that is very nicely done.
Jesse - OK to rant here, after all it is the Coffee Shop. Been there and done that while working for the window company during my career. Multi-family jobs were notorious for demanding certain delivery dates and calling after the truck was loaded to postpone delivery because the streets weren't paved yet or some permitting issue prevented delivery.
Joe - I agree, pay cash if you can.

Today is National Vinyl Record Day. For those of you youngsters out there, a vinyl record is an analog sound storage medium consisting of a flat disc which has an inscribed, modulated spiral groove. I'm waiting for tomorrow which is National Filet Mignon Day, a particular favorite of mine.
Everybody have a great day.
Aka LPs & 45s.

Good morning. It was a warm start to the day at 60 degrees with an expected high just in the lower 90's today and then dropping into the mid to low 80's later in the week. Thankfully, the humidity is low. We have a lot of smoke in the valley this morning from forest fires. Can hardly see the foot hills.

Terry - I am not suprised to find some large bank associated with Pay Pal. Personally, I hate credit cards. We only have one, an American Express which we pay off completely each month if we use it. Otherwise, I use my debit card. Can't spend money I don't have that way.

Garry
- Nice photos. Evergreen has so many different types of material, you can build just about anything you want with a little bit of time. I always try to keep a variety on hand.

Toot - Thanks for the comment on the video. That lumber company is just on the south side of Livingston, which can be seen from the interstate. I never know what you'll see moving around in the yard when I leave the club. Now that I am retires, I go there on Thursdays instead of Saturday and there's always enough light to take a photo. I saw that business car leaving Livingston a few weeks ago. Nice looking car.

Willie - Greg turned me onto the Woodland Scenics "Just Plug" lighting and they have a self adhesive LED that you could use. I used it inside the freight station and here on this gas station.

20180707_134011.jpg 20180708_151442.jpg

The wires could be taped to the roof of each floor to be hidden. Make sur eyou get the soft white. These I got look more like a florescent light.

Saw this and had to laugh. Though some others might enjoy it.

38831499_1917151794986712_2034145285034213376_n.jpg

Here's my rail picture for today.

53c15038ebdf1027899d1af09cb6aa6b.jpg

Later

Chet....Thanks for the laugh! I'm surprised they still have that on the package, you would think someone's sensitive feelings would be hurt, and force them to remove it.

Up until the middle of last month, Paypal's bank was Comenity Bank, which it has been for as long as I've had anything to do with them. They were reasonable to deal with, and were oriented toward saving the customer the most money, so they could better afford to buy more stuff from Ebay. Around July 15th, Synchrony Bank (GE Capital) took over. Since then, and very rapidly, the business model has devolved into a case of "how quick can GE make money?"

I volunteer for the local railroad museum, and this weekend was our sweet corn festival (Mendota is the home of Del Monte). I helped park cars, for one of our fundraisers for 3 hours this morning. During the slow period I got to watch a couple of GP38s move cars around.

53CBA25D-5D37-4EFB-A7B4-40469F1FCA89.jpeg

Afternoon All,

Pretty slow today. I did a couple of chores then vegged out for most the day. Daughter said there was no reason to take the pressure washer to her house, that she would pick it up after school 1 day next week. Currently I plan to head to VA on Wednesday.

Karl- Nice layout shot.

Chet- Great videos. Interesting scenery inside the tunnels. I didn't see too much of the a**hole!:p. Very nice scratch build.

Toot- The Con-Cor Suburban OBS car may be a good start for you and Evergreen or Plastruct siding may work for the chrome.

Garry- Great scratch build. I actually prefer to do scratch building with wood products.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Back