Running Bear's Coffee Sbop LXIX

Could it be that the only function for downsizing pictures to those resolutions in the phone is for emails?

If so simply ail the photo to yourself, and choose a lower size to send. That should reduce the resolution enough to post here. My phone gives me the option of four sizes, the smallest two would work here without issue.

Morning Everyone!
Clear blue sky and 69 at the moment. Supposed to reach 103 here this afternoon!
Looks like a "stay-inside" type day.

Futher research into my photo issue shows that my problems started when I tried to save photos that I emailed to myself. Something changed within the computer and I was no longer able to "right click" on the emailed photo and "save as" -- THE "SAVE AS" WAS NO LONGER A CHOICE THAT i HAVE.
My IT cousin said that I should just use the "SAVE LINK AS" - All choices for the option referrs to "LINKS".
Phone only has like 3.9 MB for the lowest setting - no "SIZE" is given. I cannot believe that the difference in my phone and Chet's is so drastic!

Guess that I may see what program I can master thatwill reduce the size. Remember -- It has to be "simple" for a simpleton!

Garry - A dealership like this would probably be quite modern for the time period. Back in the 50's, showrooms weren't that common. I can remember my father going to the car dealer and it was just a store front with an overhead door. They did have a few new cars inside, but back then you actually ordered the car the way you wanted it and had to wait a few weeks for delivers. Not a lot of options available back then either, but you could get the car the way you wanted it.

Dealerships Chevy 037.jpg tn_full_SHORPY_32173u_preview.jpg

Chet: You're right I did sleep in since my wife arrived so much later than expected and we stayed up late talking about her trip over a couple of refreshments. Wife is still sleeping.

I do remember car shopping with my parents at a Chevy dealership that was in a store front. Two or three cars on display and several sales offices, service area in back. Not much to order other than model, color and maybe engine.

EBay is sure interesting. My bid for a set of cars was at $41 and a max of $45 (I'm cheap) and the final prices was sent to $130, plus shipping. Normal retail when the items came on the market was $198, but I found two sets at a LHS marked down to $79 for a close out. They must have become popular car sets to have the bids run the way it did. Go figure.

Been watching the MR Video Plus series "Off the Rails" by modeler Gerry Leone. He offers modeling tips in a work type setting between sections of his layout. Until yesterday, I couldn't figure out what makes Leone's layout stand out so realistically. I noticed the sides of his track rails were painted a rust color which made the track stand out in the videos, not to mention the great modeling, structures, lighting and the fascia on Leone's layout. Details, details and more details.

Better go and wake up sleeping beauty who has a bad cold before its supper time.

That's all for now.

Greg

Greg - Some options were available back then. Color, possibly a different motor, heater, defroster, full wheel covers, white wall tires, radio, windshield visor, in the early 50's even turn signals were optional (dealer installed). Fender skirts, side view mirrors, fog lamps, clock and bumper guards. With these you had a fully equipped car.

Life was a lot more simple back then.

Once upon a time, I had a 1960 BelAir. Among the things it came equipped with were a 235 inline 6, 3 speed on-the-column manual transmission, manual steering, manual 4 wheel drum brakes, and vinyl bench seats. It had the small center hub covers, and came from the factory with no heater. It was a Florida car, so no heat was deemed needed.
It did come equipped with a factory AM radio-- complete with vacuum tubes instead of transistors. It worked well enough, as long as you waited for the tubes to warm up.
That car would probably be worth a small fortune now, being all-original.

Greg - Some options were available back then. Color, possibly a different motor, heater, defroster, full wheel covers, white wall tires, radio, windshield visor, in the early 50's even turn signals were optional (dealer installed). Fender skirts, side view mirrors, fog lamps, clock and bumper guards. With these you had a fully equipped car.

Life was a lot more simple back then.
Chet, you forgot the fuzzy dice to hang on the mirror...

Terry - Forgot the choice of an automatic or standard transmission. My '59 Impala was originally equipped with a six banger and a power glide transmission. (hate the 2 speed automatic). Had it almost down to a bare frame replacing all of the rubber bushings that were dried out. That's when a friend mentioned he could get a hold of an engine out of a wrecked Z-06 Corvette, an LS-6. That's when I decided to build a cruiser for me instead of trying to sell it. Love the 6 speed manual overdrive transmission in it also. Tried to keep it looking as close to stock as possible too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Afternoon All,

Very overcast here as a cold front starts through the area. Wednesday the high is supposed to be 72 F (not Celsius) and a low of 54 F.:eek::eek::eek: I actual got all the track cleaning done and dusted everything off so I'm good for another 6 months. It all took about 3 hours over 2 days. I decided to move my engine facility coaling tower to the approach track. Actually it's the tower that was on the mainline. The tower that was in the yard was a Walthers small concrete one (round). I made it years ago and did a real crappy job of building and painting it. I haven't totally decided yet but it will most likely end up in a closet.

My daughters meeting never happened today. Grapevine says district is not happy with the school for trying to get rid of the student. Of course they won't be responsible if someone gets hurt and will be the first to point a finger at the school. Typical political BS. I will let you know when something happens.

Speaking of something happening. I was looking out my window into the community park area around lunch time and saw 2 kids in it (cutting class I thought). All the sudden a unmarked OCSO car with emergency lights on drove very fast into the park. A deputy jumps out and immediately hooks up the oldest kid and puts both of them in his car. Also about this time their helo passed overhead. This was the first time I have seen a deputy in our subdivision in 22 years. I wonder what they did?

Willie- Nice museum photos.

Garry- Nice looking lumber yard with all the extra details.

Karl- Great WM photo.

Chet- Nice pictures and modeling.

Ken- I interesting track plan. To get inside, was it a duck under or did it have a removable entry?

I hope everyone has a good night.

Sherrel- Your Oregano showed up today in the holiday wrapping (ziploc bag) LOL:D. I will do some tests with it tomorrow or Wednesday.

Sherrel- Your Oregano showed up today in the holiday wrapping (ziploc bag) LOL:D. I will do some tests with it tomorrow or Wednesday.

Just wishing You and Yours a happy holiday season....
WOW -- Mailed Saturday -- That was fast! Take note, TERRY!

CURT If you wish to try to make some -- I need to give you better instructions to save a little muss and fuss!

Good evening. It's raining, windy, tornadoes, hail gloom, doom, and plagues of locusts. Well, maybe not the locusts--yet...

WHOO-Boy 4:25 PM and it is 102 - down from a high of 103! Humidity at 5 %.

I am happy to report that there are NO Locusts around. (you funny, Terry)

KARL theTemp is just about right to roll-out the RV and head for the desert where I can complain about the heat again!

Could it be that the only function for downsizing pictures to those resolutions in the phone is for emails?

Even if it's not the only option, it may well be the quickest and easiest. So that's a good way to do it if you don't have a better option.

Good evening y'all. It's 68°, breezy and muggy. Going to rain most of tomorrow.

Spent the evening watching Toronto beat the LA Kings 3-2. Feisty game, for sure.

Well ... managed to "dick around" and install IrfanView - and resize a photo.
Trying to see if I can find where I placed it?

Scrap1a.jpg

Found it! Now to see what happens?
Well - That's too small to see any detail - more research is needed.

Back