Running Bear's Coffee Sbop LXIX

Joe, that B unit would be an easy upgrade to a powered unit. Simply find a powered unit, and swap shells.

Terry: Exactly, and I have a few original BB Undecorated kits, just taking up space. I'm just not sure I want the B unit a powered unit. I have one A-B-A set, (all powered) that is just waiting for me to finish. I may use the detail parts here, I don't have to paint these. :rolleyes: The biggest PIA on the BB units is plugging the second headlight, and removing the steam generators. I'm probably going to leave the steam generators on the Reading Units. They came as single headlight units.

Chet: Your Fs look great! Actually, I was going to build up the undecorateds as B&O 1964 schemes (Capitol Dome), blue and yellow stripe. Then I was going to model the CNJ ex B&O scheme, (same color scheme), then I was going to model the Reading Fs. Then...Athearn released these, then announced Reading Fs in Genesis. Some day, they will be finished. :rolleyes:

Curt: Thank you. I will heed your advice on lighting, when building my Cornerstone Concrete Coal Tower, Sand house, Inspection Pit and Roundhouse.

Karl: Finally found it. Nice looking engine.

Sherrel: Coffee Table, LOL - Stay Cool.

BTW: The photo was taken with my Canon S3IS Digital Camera. Apparently my photo issues are only with photos from my smart phone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's the Gallatin Canyon & Western unit that was painted for my friends railroad. Shows the grab irons up onto the nose, lift rings on the nose and also shows the interior that was added. I was going to add the grab irons on the nose of the F-3 I have, but think I may pass on that.

IMAG0256.jpg

OK, Guys, Everyone is a comedian (love it)!

I just off the phone with a friend and have not had a chance to look up any research about it ...
Supposed to really be good for migraine headaches!

FEVERFEW .... Ever heard of it TERRY?

Don't think that I posted these before? If I did then you get to see them again!

North side of the LA River going towards San Bernardino.

US Scrapyard 01.jpg

US Scrapyard 02.jpg

US Scrapyard 03.jpg

Ken in MD
- That's a nice photo. Brass I assume. Nice looking locomotive. Would fit right into my fleet of steamers. Mikes are the largest steamers that are run.
r

Chet, Ken corrected the ownership, so I'm here to dispel your assumption. It's not brass, actually it's mostly Mantua. Take a Mikado chassis (with a can motor) marry it to a Pacific boiler, modify pilot, walkways, headlight, piping, and tender to taste. And were done!

Dodgers win game 1 in only 2 hours and 28 minutes! Two great pitchers working quickly, my kind of baseball!

Have a great night Everybody!

Sherrel, that scrapyard reminds me of a huge one, south of Auckland City, NZ. They had a machine that had a conveyer belt that fed whole cars etc into it, minus just the wheels and trim/glass, and spat out little chunks of metal about 3" or so. Never heard it running, which probably is just as well. There was this mountain of railway track and another of short NZR open 4 wheel wagons waiting to be processed.

Good evening.

Sherrel. .. Some coffee table. LOL

Toot ... funny (palletable )

Joe. ... the Reading F7’s are beautiful

Chet ... great looking F units.

Karl. .. fantastic looking locomotive in a nice scene

Curt.... I actually did some work on the model railroad this evening .

Last edited by a moderator:
Sherrel, that scrapyard reminds me of a huge one, south of Auckland City, NZ. They had a machine that had a conveyer belt that fed whole cars etc into it, minus just the wheels and trim/glass, and spat out little chunks of metal about 3" or so. Never heard it running, which probably is just as well. There was this mountain of railway track and another of short NZR open 4 wheel wagons waiting to be processed.

Toot, I have seen several different machines on U-Tube. They always amaze me chewing up the block, trani, and diff into nothing!
When I was in my early 20's ... I used to visualize in my mind a crusher mounted on a big semi pulled through the south smashing junked autos into those blocks. I should have tried to build one.

LOUIS - All good except wrong team won!

KARL - That is a work of art - nice scene for the photo too!

Good evening Shop Dwellers!

This pales in comparison to Joe's F units, Karl's latest photo and Sherrell's magnum opus, but I'm excited enough to share it anyway - here's where I was tonight:

SteelyDanTicket20171024.jpg

I never thought I'd see them in concert, but an oppotunity presented itself and I seized on it!:cool:

Gotta run, 530am comes way too soon...

Good evening Shop Dwellers!

This pales in comparison to Joe's F units, Karl's latest photo and Sherrell's magnum opus, but I'm excited enough to share it anyway - here's where I was tonight:

SteelyDanTicket20171024.jpg

I never thought I'd see them in concert, but an oppotunity presented itself and I seized on it!:cool:

Gotta run, 530am comes way too soon...

I'm jealous!

Good morning everyone. 35 and dark outside. Hey, Chet - if Canada won't close their back door, see if you can do anything about Montana's - it's getting cold down here. Well, it's about that time of year, so I shouldn't complain. We've got two more days of warm weather (today upper 60s, tomorrow 70s) and then the bottom drops out and we hit lows in the 20s and highs in the 40s over the weekend. More coffee, please, Flo!!

Louis - yeah, great game, and the right outcome! Go Dodgers!

Still finishing up some wood crafts for the craft fair next week. But i did get some more done on the two kit builds. Hope to have them on the layout by the weekend.

Have a good day everyone.

GO DODGERS They were hot in more than one way. Not a big baseball fan, but have to pull for them.
Good morning. 39 degrees to start of the day with an expected high in the low 70's, but it is supposed to cool down with a high predicted only in the 40's for tomorrow.

Johnny - get out your long johns. Winter is on the way.

Karl - Like the WM steamer. Beautiful. Excellent work on the mike also. Hard to believe that it started off as a Mantua locomotive. Excellent work.

Ken in MD - I sounds like you really had an interesting evening.

Sherrel - Interesting photos. This would be an interesting industry to model. Unfortunately, they weren't using crushers back in the 50's when I m modeling.

Garry - Thanks for the comments on the F units. That have been around for a long time and are starting to show some wear but still run like jewels.

Now for the rail picture for the day. This one is for you Johnny to let you know what's on the way.

granite-colorado-railroad-tracks1.jpg

Later

Back