Running Bear's August 2022 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Washington goes to Philly for a weekend series, while Pittsburgh comes to celebrate 30 years of Camden yards...has it been so long? Birdsmust not underestimate their opposition like they did in Cincinnati. Probably watch the Nats game tonight, unless something else develops.

Going to the train room after this...have to paint the ground before the leg gives out....again! :eek:

Kind of hot outdoors. 92°, last look. No worse than yesterday, though. 30% chance of rain through Sunday...which means slim or none.

What I find most unusual, this summer, is the almost complete lack of tropical storm development in the Caribbean and South Atlantic.

Dave, that looks like an American Goldfinch at your feeder. We have those come by very rarely, and they are a treat to see if they do come.
This is the wife's flower garden this year:
View attachment 149642
She's planted lots of flowers that are intended to attract hummingbirds. I believe her efforts were successful, too. There are 3-4 of the little hummers coming around this year. She's planted a-lot of tube type flowers, that hummingbirds can get into, but, bees and wasps have a tough time with.
View attachment 149643
We both enjoy sitting out by the garden, having coffee when the weather is good.
Right you are, Guy, thats a Goldfinch on one side and Purple finch on the other side. Finches are abundant here, we also get a lot of Grosbeaks and Black-capped chickadees.

Your garden is a Beautiful spot to have a coffee!!

Sitting in another waiting room.

Fraud, no fraud as nothing was taken.

Since we are not hooked up to the Electrical power grid, nothing stolen, just settings changed. But a Cyper crime did occur. The Electrical Contractor did admit to the Deputy that the kid was “playing” around and unknowingly screwed things up. Sort of like carrying a Vape pen with Hash oil into a forgiven country where that is illegal. It’s still a crime!

We did get an apology but it was clearly written as pointing it toward the software’s lack of security protection, not the kid. But the remote access log is clearly showing the “playing” as coming from a certain company computer of the kid

Malfeasance per the Attorney is possible against the company.

The “Kid“ is a minor so the worst any DA would do is a slap on the wrist. I will discuss that with Saint Teresa another day. I think even a slap on the wrist is better then letting him get off completely.

I have been texting with the Attorney who wanted to know why I wouldn’t talk to him if this was so important. Pissed me off, replied you charge we pay the bill that means you work for us not us for you. Second is I am in a waiting room while Terry has tests. He said sorry, but my BP has risen

Yes, Terry will help Jason with his new business. She loves that crap. Also, she got the name of a good Labor Relations Attorney from our guy yesterday for Jason. He definitely has a case per our Attorney who does not deal in Labor rights. Lucky for Jason he was certified by Tesla to work on the Powerwalls prior to joining the E.C.’s company. No hoops for him to jump through because the Tesla process is supposely very tough. He mentioned last night that if Tesla finds out what happened to our system and the 2 prior systems that he knows about they will drop the EC’s company and that will hurt the Electrical Contractor financially. Terry is not a vindictive person. Business wise neither am I, but I am a as..ole and am thinking of a way to let them know.

Another D&J Railroad op session is on the horizon.
I got back from my westward trip quite a bit earlier than anticipated. I had planned to attend the op session on 13 Aug at the Wyoming Division MRR but they cancelled due to numerous outbreaks of the COVID in the surrounding area.
I decided to host another op session here on 20 Aug. I have two responses so far.
The layout is a mess right now. I have to clean up the intermodal earthquake of a month or so ago.
This will be a general freight session, so I have to convert the industries to general freight and put away quite a few intermodal platforms.
I should have enough scenery completed on the roundhouse addition. I laid down a few pounds of mud yesterday. It'll take some grinding down of blue foam and several layers of mud before the surrounding area looks sorta like real Terra Ferma.

I like KFC, although the sodium content of their meals is so high I can't eat any salt for a couple days after eating there. Same goes for Noodles restaurant chain. My ankles swell up from water retention, takes a day but I made the connection a few years ago and it is pretty striking.

It seems counter intuitive but when you have the high sodium intake, drink lots of water. You'll tend to pee out the extra sodium faster.

how nice on the computer settings.
So nothing was taken, no harm done, right?
So if the kid burnt the judge's house down but didn't take anything, that would be ok, huh?
Ken I know what your r saying

But yes, Harm done. Yes, we lost electricity because the kid logged into dad’s computer and had access to client systems remotely and played! Caused stress to humans and animals out in the stables. Personally, I want a pound or two of flesh. I have now been texted 3 times by the Attorney, 16 makes the person a minor. A hand slap is all the kid will get.

It’s a definitely a cluster Fu.. in my mind

Yesterday our A/C went out. I didn't realize the details since we'd had a few times where temps would go up a couple degrees and come back down and my Ecobee would warn me, so when it warned me yesterday afternoon I thought it was more the same. I went to see my parents (my dad has cancer and is on his way out -- all is good and he is not in pain or anything -- just shriveling up from no desire to eat or drink much). My daughter texted me and asked why the house was so hot. The system said it was 83 (set to 76 as I don't like to pay the electricity bill).

I got home last nightto a hot house. I checked the blower in the basement. It was running fine. The breaker to the AC had not blown. Lots of checks and resets. Nothing. So we opened all the windows and suffered.

I couldn't go out last night to check the actual A/C unit as it is on the side of the house abutting a fence to the neighbor and I had stacked a bunch of "EZ-Floor" foam insulation panels for radiant system for our home building project, to store it while we are building and not to that point and it was dark. (It was not stacked too close to the actual A/C but the rest of the side of the house between the fence and house was packed with the bundles).

This morning my son helped me move the foam bundles out and I wewnt and saw the A/C trying to power on periodically but the fan and the rest of it would just hum for a short while and stop and the fan body at the top was hot. So I turned the breaker off and, since we are renting, reported it to the maintenance person at the management company, who called a local HVAC guy they work with. An hour later that guy called me and said he would stop by. I turned the breaker back on and he saw and took the side off and removed the "start/run" capacitor and put a new one one and it works. Quick and easy and the house has gone from 81 to 79 and is still cooling. Yay. Pretty easy fix. He said it is common for this to happen when they get old and this is the first issye we've had in almost 15 years so I guess it is allowed to fail.

Another D&J Railroad op session is on the horizon.
I got back from my westward trip quite a bit earlier than anticipated. I had planned to attend the op session on 13 Aug at the Wyoming Division MRR but they cancelled due to numerous outbreaks of the COVID in the surrounding area.
I decided to host another op session here on 20 Aug. I have two responses so far.
The layout is a mess right now. I have to clean up the intermodal earthquake of a month or so ago.
This will be a general freight session, so I have to convert the industries to general freight and put away quite a few intermodal platforms.
I should have enough scenery completed on the roundhouse addition. I laid down a few pounds of mud yesterday. It'll take some grinding down of blue foam and several layers of mud before the surrounding area looks sorta like real Terra Ferma.
Ken, I saw Allen Montgomery write yesterday the sessions for this month had to be cancelled and thought of you heading there.

I need a road trip even though Terry and I wear masks we still are still going somewhere. Just not sure anymore where we are going. Our September trip that would have taken us through the State of New York to visit friends has been cancelled due to sickness but not Covid. Someday I will get to Cooperstown for the baseball HOF.

Take care of the back, you are getting plenty of advice!

Willie, I've got Adams Ave 1 and 2 in my "someday box", its nice to see folks who have conquered the kit.

Denton Texas, isn't that where the Rocky Horror Picture Show takes place??
I have the Addams Ave II elsewhere on the layout. I really like Downtown Deco kits.
The opening scene of Rocky Horror has a sign denoting Denton TX, and that's where the movie supposedly takes place if I recall correctly, but no scenes were shot there. There are no castles in Denton, although there were and still are plenty of weird people residing there.

Ken I know what your r saying

But yes, Harm done. Yes, we lost electricity because the kid logged into dad’s computer and had access to client systems remotely and played! Caused stress to humans and animals out in the stables. Personally, I want a pound or two of flesh. I have now been texted 3 times by the Attorney, 16 makes the person a minor. A hand slap is all the kid will get.

It’s a definitely a cluster Fu.. in my mind
You were going to billed for the service...right?

You may be able to hold the parent liable as they had control of the security of ALL their machines. Exactly what security is for, keeping ones that play around out of systems that are used for remote access to customer machines or devices.

Now don't get a hair and broadcast this to other social media sites, keep it as much virgin as possible. Wait until after court when the findings are public.

I also am a "live and let live" type, but me thinks that you still are being lied to. To what end, who knows!

You were going to billed for the service...right?

You may be able to hold the parent liable as they had control of the security of ALL their machines. Exactly what security is for, keeping ones that play around out of systems that are used for remote access to customer machines or devices.

Now don't get a hair and broadcast this to other social media sites, keep it as much virgin as possible. Wait until after court when the findings are public.

I also am a "live and let live" type, but me thinks that you still are being lied to. To what end, who knows!
I have a copy of the login log and what machine accessed it our system. The service call charge was “forgiven.”

EE816FB7-FC6F-43E9-9740-E1F17C31F37B.jpeg

Afternoon All,

Spent the morning visiting my buddy Jon. I brought him up 2 locos making mechanical noise (gears). After getting home I painted the wheels, changed the couplers, put A&I on the body and weathered the trucks. Tomorrow youngest grandson is coming over to do chores for us to earn some folding money. He starts 10th grade on Wednesday.

Willie- Nice scenes. I like the photo studio with the concrete stairs.

TomO- Glad you got your power fixed, even if not the drama surrounding it.

Dave- Nice scene. Great looking backyard.

Guy- Nice scene.

Chad- We had that same AC issue earlier this year.

Steve- As a brand new modeler (around 2008) I put Tortoise's on all my T/O's and wired them to DPDT switches. I discovered that sometimes they would throw completely and sometimes they wouldn't. I finally got so frustrated I removed them all and sold them. About a year later I discovered that the throw wire provided was too thin for the job and the unit needed a heavier gauge wire. That might also be true of the other ones you mentioned.

I hope everyone has a good night.

It seems counter intuitive but when you have the high sodium intake, drink lots of water. You'll tend to pee out the extra sodium faster.
You are correct sir! I can attest to that.

I sometimes struggle with low sodium and potassium. I once spent a night in the hospital because of it.
Potassium plays a key role in maintaining a normal heart rhythm.
My EKG was crazy, they thought I might be having a heart attack. I had to stay the night.
The blood test showed extremely low sodium and potassium. No heart attack, I drank too much water and did not eat right.
If I remember correctly that excess water cost me about two grand!

Now I eat a green banana every day. Bananas are a good source of potassium, and they are cheap.

I must watch how much water I drink. I have been told and I learned firsthand, too much water will wash out many minerals, including sodium and potassium.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back