Running Bear's August 2021 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
I picked up an A-A set of Genesis FP-7's this weekend. One of the plow pilots came loose. I always change out the plastic couplers, as they're not worth a flip, and one pilot came loose when handling. I also put an extra piece of foam in my cradle as I wasn't sure how durable the icicle breakers would be, but they did OK. Monday morning quarterbacking is always easy but I'm not sure I would have a glued on part like this pilot holding the front of the chassis in! In any case, nice models. Ready to take them to the club and test.

FP-7 6453 Front Quarter.JPG

FP-7 6453 rear quarter.JPG

FP-7 6453 Side.JPG

FP-7's Back to Back.JPG

FP-7's circus elephants.JPG

Good afternoon. ....

Christian ... I watched the lat video with the switching layout, and it looks like fun. I also noticed the switchman had an enormous finger. :)

Willie .... I like the diner, the switch tower, and the house in your photos.

Terry .... LOL

Tom O .... 5" of rain in an hour is remarkable. ... I recall a vacation we took in South Padre Island, TX many years ago. It rained 12" in one day. Ruined our trip.

Alan .... The Genesis FP7's are absolutely magnificent !.... A million times better looking than a pair of Atlas yellow box UP FP7's I still have.

Everybody...... Have a very nice day.

Good Afternoon all! Just had a passing shower, and I heard a clap of thunder a long way off.

Well I worked on a couple of projects this afternoon. I planted Old Dominion and I like how it looks. The black road will be changed to gravel at some point.
Old Dominion Broom Co-5.jpg
Old Dominion Broom Co-6.jpg

I also started Jerry's Small Engine Repair. It's another Bar Mills structure. It is the most tedious one I have attempted to date. I put an N scale 40' box car in the photo to give you an idea just how small it is. Patience is a virtue, but not one of mine.
Jerrys-1.jpg

STAY SAFE

LATER

Hey all.

My module is progressing. The trestle is fitted properly and now I just need to drop my feeders before I can install the trestle and track. I ended up having to shim the two pilot bents, as I had over-trimmed them and the landscape was pulling the track up from the trestle deck. I hope once everything is glued down, this will not be a problem later. I was asked a long time ago to video blog my progress on it, so I will start that tonight now that I've made some actual headway on it.

Otherwise, Friday night was my second-to-last at North Metro club. I ran my 1955 Hiawatha for the hell of it, as well as my modern KCS/NS stuff for fun.
IMG_20210813_204639949_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg IMG_20210813_204906972.jpg IMG_20210813_205951438.jpg IMG_20210813_214309761.jpg IMG_20210813_193214371.jpg

Last, a fellow clubber and kind of mentor to me sold me this NWSL brass NP caboose! Go figure, my first brass caboose isn't Milwaukee. Oh well, my NP Z-8 deserves a sweet caboose! That loco is presently off at Milepost 70 Customs for weathering.
IMG_20210815_173732285_HDR.jpg

Morning all,

I owe, I owe so back to work I go....

Vacation was a bust, While I was home, and not at work, we (meaning Grandpa) watched a 2 year old for the first weekend so her parents could get the new house painted and then her sister and cousins came over on Sunday for a sleepover. I watched all 4 kids until I took them back to their parents on Monday evening. Then I had the 2 local grandkids on Tuesday, and the oldest granddaughter on Thursday when both parents had to work and her older brother started middle school. Errands on Wednesday kept me out of the train room and Friday I just needed to rest. Then I spent this past weekend helping my son get his 75 gallon aquarium torn down and moved to his house. I'll play catch up on the rest of the pages later.

Finally got 2 tennis ball sized tomatoes this weekend. Only 6 weeks behind usual and I planted early. Just weird gardening weather this year.
I did get about 45 minutes of train time in yesterday. Willie was right in that I'd need to clean the track. I didn't get much of that done as I had to repair an N-scale gondola car for the grandson. While I have most of it, it has a broken coupler that seems to be none replaceable. I'l post a picture of the broken truck in a later post as I have the get the pictures off the phone.

News Flash: Seems to be a hole in the fence at the nudist camp. Police looking into it.

BBL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back