Running Bear's August 2021 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning All. Cloudy and 72°. The barely there north breeze shifted overnight to a barely there south breeze which will mean that last night was the last night of sleeping with the windows open for a while. Still only expecting a high today of 92° heading to 98° from Saturday through most of next week. Absolutely no rain in sight. Had the plumber out yesterday to fix a decades old issue with the drains under the kitchen sink and in the walls leading to the graywater drain line. Sweet young lady in her booty shorts and tank top with multi-colored hair did a great job replacing the whole mess. She is fully licensed and is half of the husband/wife team known as the Jolly Dream Team. This is the first step in a long overdue kitchen remodel. The problems go back a few years to when I had a major foundation disaster that took a team of 4-5 guys three weeks to go under the house and dig out and replace 36 piers and add 24 more. Replaced and added all of the beams as well. They also removed over 18 yards of dirt to be able to gain room to do the work. They used a little red wagon with no wheels and a rope tied to each end to do that while doing the digging by hand with "shorty" shovels about 30" in length.
Time today for the weekly grocery/beer trek into Denton. I think that I'll wear sunscreen so the people around me won't get sunburned.

Facebook - I do not use it, I keep up with family and friends the old-fashioned way with the telephone. You know that thingie that you use to take pictures with! This forum and the Coffee Shop in particular is my Facebook, considerably less clutter.

Western omelet today Flo, with extra bacon on the side. The usual OJ will do.

Thanks for the likes and comments regarding yesterday's ongoing structure tour; Patrick, Christian, Tom O, Karl, Chad, Garry, Curt, Rick, Jaz, James, Guy.

Yesterday in the train shed, was pretty much a repeat of the last couple. Progress made but not real visible yet. I did get started with the weeds but did not take any pictures.
From the archives today: The build pictures of my favorite Bar Mills kit, Jack's Back Yard.
01-28-18 002.JPG

01-28-18 003.JPG

01-28-18 004.JPG

01-28-18 005.JPG
01-28-18 006.JPG
01-28-18 007.JPG
01-28-18 008.JPG
01-28-18 009.JPG

The structure itself was fairly easy, I really enjoyed painting all of the details that went with it. I can't locate the "planted" picture right now, but I added more details behind the back fence next to a chain link fence separating the properties.

Jaz - Until you mentioned it, I had forgotten about my adventure raising Muscovy ducks that I sold to a small group of Asian families in the college town near me. They liked them because they could keep them in their apartments until needed for a meal, and since they didn't make noise the neighbors never knew. Besides that, they dressed out a lot heavier than typical ducks. Not sure that I made money or not, but the eggs were delicious and the young males were also.
Uploading photos - I just "drag and drop" them directly into my reply. Dragging a thumbnail results in a full size picture after the forum software reduces it to an acceptable size. You've seen the results.
Tom O - What the heck is a Marilyn Monroe burger? Sounds decadent.
moermusic - Condolences on your losses. Glad that you were able to get the last chance to see dad.
Curt - Good to see you getting "back into the groove".

A side note regarding non-vaxxers - My wife's sister in Tennessee is one of those who just thinks that she is invincible. At age 68, she brags about never having gotten vaccinated for anything, flu, pneumonia, tetanus...etc. She hasn't had her blood pressure checked since the birth of her daughter in 1970, and brags about never having had a mammogram. She doesn't see doctors except for her eyes. While I felt that way for years, I realized about 15 years ago, that while doctors can be a PIA, they are also usually good for us.

Gotta go and make the rest of the grocery list. Everyone have a great day. Please excuse any mistakes here as I haven't had time to proof read this post yet.

Last edited:
Good Morning!

Moermusic - Sorry to hear about you're father passing; I add my name to the list of folks who are placing in condolences. - Not everyone makes it past the centennial of birth, so I suspect your dad did something right.

The 57F this morning feels refreshing over the 80+ it was yesterday. It's not supposed to be quite so warm today, with a chance of thunder and rain coming later.
My brother will be showing up on his Harley sometime later today for a visit, and will be spending the night. So I don't expect to make it into the shop for a coffee tomorrow morning.

Meet the squirrel from 'ell'.
Squirrel_08-04-2021.jpg

This is the brave little apple thief who comes into the garden everyday to scatter birdseed from out of the feeder and select the choice bits. I believe it's learned the dog is on the wrong side of the fence. I believe it's smarter than the dog, because the dog will try to break through the fence to get to the squirrel. The fence is concrete reinforcing wire.

What the squirrel don't know, is that I know 'Dizak' the squirrel guy. He's a good friend of mine. He catches squirrels in his cage and relocates them.
Friend Greg_07-11-2021.jpg

We're going to fix his little Red Squirrel wagon.

He'll be released far away in the forest, where squirrels are supposed to play. If he tries to come back, he'll have to cross two rivers. Such an adventure should make a good Disney movie.

Here's something I never noticed before. I took a close-up of an SD40 cab, and note that the roster number is cracked. That surprised me, as I always thought they were painted on. - Instead, it must be some kind of a decal:
Store_4.jpg

I don't notice that cracked look from far away.

Willie - That bagged stuff you are using to make weeds looks like something originally intended for fly-tying purposes. Can you please explain what you have going on there.

Steve - The scenery work you have done looks very nice from the photos. Come the time, I hope I can enjoy doing scenery as much as you.

Jaz avalley - It appears you model in a number of different genre. I'm the same way, modeling in whatever I feel like doing at the time. I do airplanes, armor, figures; and now I'm trying to get into a train layout. I don't have any particular favorite from one to the other; I just do whatever I feel like.

Curt - I like you're approach to building a simple berm. Using cardboard strips seems like it would be cheaper than using a carved foam material.

Thanks for the likes on past posts.

I'm going to go out soon and set the trap for that squirrel; as soon as Dizak gets here. The wife would like to snooze in the garden in peace, with only the sound of birds singing, and not the noise of a squirrel shoveling seed onto the ground.
Garden_2021.jpg

Have a good one!

Good Morning all! A less humid day in store with low 90's forecasted.

Just coffee. I hope to have a pretty productive day if I can hold up. The shed for the generator arrived yesterday so I plan on assembling it today. And with the humidity and temps down I hope to mow as well. Maybe:):cool::)

Moermusic - Condolences, it was good you got to see your Dad when you did. 104, he had a long run.

My 2 cents on vax rant - I wish they would talk in numbers not percentages. I mean when they say cases are up 50% in a given area it sounds terrible. But if the original number was 10 in an area of 100,000, then you have 15 cases in 100,000. I think if you are capable of getting the vaccine you should. This will probably never completely go away and like the flu we are going to need shots every year.

Good Morning Everybody. Mostly cloudy and 71° in this part of the world, air quality alert for this area as well, although it technically ends at the county line a mile south of here. Another cool day here with the high only reaching 91°, that won't change until Saturday when the weather returns to normal. It has been quite refreshing to sleep with the windows open for the past two nights, and a couple more to come; something I don't get to do in August much.
Granddog seems to have returned to normal after being really spooked out during the thunderstorm Sunday night. She actually came into the train shed yesterday, something that she has done before but very rare. I don't think that she likes stairs, even the 6" rise ones that I build especially for me.

Thanks for the likes and comments regarding the structures yesterday; Christian, Hughie, Karl, Guy, Curt, Patrick, Tom O, James, Joe,, Tom, Rick, Jaz.

BLT and a diet A&W root beer today Flo. I'm off to a late start.

Out in the train shed yesterday, I had a very mixed day. I did install some utility poles in the latest project area but no pictures yet. I got out the supplies for the next phase of adding weeds.
View attachment 130715
This is never one of my favorite tasks, although I don't dislike it. It just bores me.
I did some more infrastructure work under the layout, nothing major. I am just replacing some undersized wire with 18 gauge in a few places. I had originally run out of 18 gauge and used some 22 gauge on some of the common feed wiring. I also did a bit more tidying up. One problem that I have with the train shed out in the yard is that I track in lots of grass clippings, leaves and other yard debris. That and those damn spider webs from spiders too small to be seen get everywhere on the floor. I also ran trains for almost an hour. Sure was a good feeling without any derailments or other issues. Reminds me that I may be overdue on car inspection. Nothing big there either, just looking at eye level when trains pass to see if there is anything leaning, dragging or possibly loose. Many times when running, I am mainly looking at engines.
The structure cleaning for this quarter is finally at an end. Here are a few but not all that I did yesterday.
Rudy's BBQ, a DPM structure called Carol's Corner Cafe. Next to it is another DPM structure of a townhouse.
View attachment 130716
Everything in the outdoor eating area is scratchbuilt with hand-painted figures.
Oakleaf Shipping & Storage is a Bar Mills kit with additional detailing.
View attachment 130717
And the recently posted Fresh Market on the outskirts of town. This is a DPM Landmark structure.
View attachment 130718
View attachment 130719

Patrick - Those protein cars that you and Terry were posting about yesterday have come about as the need for coal is diminishing. Railroads/utilities acquired thousands of them when the Powder River Basin really got going and now they need something for them to haul. Before he retired from that business, one of my brothers was in charge of coal acquisition for a very large power generator here in Texas. Side perks included riding in an engine doing the loading loop (and elsewhere), and receiving handfuls of HO models of those gondolas as promotional gifts from the coal suppliers.
Good that you have a plan for retiring. I originally had a plan to retire at age 60, but the recession of 2008 set me back by three years. Now, I never look back!:) Haven't missed work for a single minute.
Tom O - I'm looking forward to what you can do with those trucks. I have one that was salvaged from my son's toy box 20 years ago that I would like to use some day. It's about as beat up as yours.
Get well soon.
Guy - We have the same issue here in Texas with old oil wells. In many cases, wells were abandoned without being properly capped and are now either contaminating ground water or spewing out various gases. In most cases big oil companies developed oilfields until they were then sold to smaller outfits when the volume pumped didn't meet their threshold of acceptable flow. The smaller companies would eventually go bankrupt and drilling records were lost so no one really accepts responsibility for capping them. The rigs like you pictured have all been removed for scrap and in many cases no one is aware of the original wells presence until problems arise. Here's an article from ABC News from last week.
Abandoned oil wells
Greg - Great to read that you are getting back in the basement. The train therapy should liven up your life.
James/Joe - While there is no doubt that Eric Brooman is a great modeler, his models are not worth that much. I have seen much better modeling here from Jerome and Karl.

Today is the US Coast Guard's Birthday, the forgotten service branch. It's also National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day and Barack Obama's birthday. I misplaced my party invitation.
Everyone have a great day.

Willie......

Hands down when it comes to modeling locomotives or even some rolling stock, Jerome is definitely one of the best modelers out there. I am not familiar with Karl's work. As for Eric Brooman he is definitely good with the scenery etc. Some of his locomotives are great and some are not so great. He modeled a lot of his locomotives old school practices using "jewels" instead of actual lights etc. I do not think he even has advanced his "technologically" skills in that department when it come to that. I have yet to see any of his locomotives have LEDs etc. By trade he is/was an art teacher (retired now). So his area of strength was scenery and weathering. I really would NOT put him in the same category with Jerome. Having said that Mgswy(Marc) who past away 6 years ago I think, he was a wizard at electrical wiring the locomotives for LEDs, power and sound. I am very fortunate to have 5 locomotives done by him where I can reverse engineer his work and apply it to my other locos. Marc and Jerome worked on all of my locos back in the day. I have about 16 or 18 locos done by Jerome. Of the those 5 were done by Marc. These 2 guys were a great team. Hands down the best I ever came across.

Any how back to the main topic for Eric Brooman's locomotives and justifications of the cost of his locomotives.....which right now the one posted recently is over 700 bucks. I would NOT pay that kind of money for that particular unit. I tend to agree that it may not be worth that from a MRR stand point for running and use. Maybe for a collector? I do not know. I think it is just whatever people want and what they are willing to pay for a piece of MRR history or Utah Belt notoriety. I say knock yourself out! I would argue that it may not be an investment but more of "I just gotta have it" to say look what I have. In the past Eric Brooman did have much better and fully functional locomotives BUT none of them had LEDs or DCC or sound that I knew of. I do not know if he has made that technical leap into the hobby. He is just an artist plain and simple. I think that is all he seems to focus on and care about.

All I know is that I would not pay that $ for that particular locomotive. NOPE. That locomotive would just sit and collect dust or would have to be hacked for upgrades. I wouldn't buy either way but then again the person buying it could turn it around and re-sell it? Not sure there would be a profit though or a return of any kind for that particular locomotive. I would expect all of the bells and whistles...lighting and sound the whole nine yards for that $ and then some....like maybe brass? I just bought a UP loco Dash-8 with all LEDs and sounds with of course fully functional DCC for 120 bucks and I am stoked about that. It's an Atlas unit and it sure does the job! So if ya got $ money to blow go for it! Me I am a cheap SOB and very frugal in pretty much everything I do not just all my hobbies but life in general. I am always looking for a deal and I take pride in not paying full price for everything I have. I will wait patiently every time for that lower price, very rarely will I buy something at a full price or above market value. Yup I am a cheap bast@#! but I do buy quality most of the time before quantity it all depends on what it is......;).....So off my soap box.... my 2 cents. Sorry about being long winded....on this post.

Good morning from Wisconsin. Late start for me even though I hit the sack at the normal 11:30pm. I think the medicine for my still sore throat knocked me out. So my day is starting about 2 hours later.

moermusic, sorry about your dad.

guy, the wife should be able to relax without the most miserable creature in the woods. Squirrel stories later

jazA, nice pictures, great painting

Steve, I think you made a good decision. Organizations and their politics was no fun for me. If you can’t have a good time at a club it is time to look around. Good for you though you are already in another one. Scenery is very satisfying to me, even the surprises

Christian, they look good, have fun

Steve J, looks good

Patrick, use those hours. Take it from a couple (Terry and me) that loss many an hour in service to the boss. They come to expect it and not all appreciated it

Willie, the Marilyn Monroe is described as a decadent mixture of flavors on a great cibatta bun of 1/2# of prime lean beef, sautéed onions, bacon, Mozzarella and Cheddar cheeses, BBQ and Rumble sauce and gooey cheese curds with a large fried onion ring. $6.79.

Well after 1.5 hours traveling around I find I did not press send. Lost my about 1/2 my post. Have a great day

Attachments

• 3C96DF6B-6162-439A-A0F6-4328A66869DC.jpeg
    3C96DF6B-6162-439A-A0F6-4328A66869DC.jpeg
    495.1 KB · Views: 86
the Marilyn Monroe is described as a decadent mixture of flavors on a great cibatta bun of 1/2# of prime lean beef, sautéed onions, bacon, Mozzarella and Cheddar cheeses, BBQ and Rumble sauce
Sounds like a "Willie burger" to me. Except mine are only 1/3# and include sauteed mushrooms and lettuce. I'll sometimes substitute Provolone for the Mozzarella depending on what is in the fridge at the time.

Good Morning All. Cloudy and 72°. The barely there north breeze shifted overnight to a barely there south breeze which will mean that last night was the last night of sleeping with the windows open for a while. Still only expecting a high today of 92° heading to 98° from Saturday through most of next week. Absolutely no rain in sight. Had the plumber out yesterday to fix a decades old issue with the drains under the kitchen sink and in the walls leading to the graywater drain line. Sweet young lady in her booty shorts and tank top with multi-colored hair did a great job replacing the whole mess. She is fully licensed and is half of the husband/wife team known as the Jolly Dream Team. This is the first step in a long overdue kitchen remodel. The problems go back a few years to when I had a major foundation disaster that took a team of 4-5 guys three weeks to go under the house and dig out and replace 36 piers and add 24 more. Replaced and added all of the beams as well. They also removed over 18 yards of dirt to be able to gain room to do the work. They used a little red wagon with no wheels and a rope tied to each end to do that while doing the digging by hand with "shorty" shovels about 30" in length.
Time today for the weekly grocery/beer trek into Denton. I think that I'll wear sunscreen so the people around me won't get sunburned.

Facebook - I do not use it, I keep up with family and friends the old-fashioned way with the telephone. You know that thingie that you use to take pictures with! This forum and the Coffee Shop in particular is my Facebook, considerably less clutter.

Western omelet today Flo, with extra bacon on the side. The usual OJ will do.

Thanks for the likes and comments regarding yesterday's ongoing structure tour; Patrick, Christian, Tom O, Karl, Chad, Garry, Curt, Rick, Jaz, James, Guy.

Yesterday in the train shed, was pretty much a repeat of the last couple. Progress made but not real visible yet. I did get started with the weeds but did not take any pictures.
From the archives today: The build pictures of my favorite Bar Mills kit, Jack's Back Yard.
View attachment 130754
View attachment 130755
View attachment 130756
View attachment 130757View attachment 130758View attachment 130759View attachment 130760View attachment 130761
The structure itself was fairly easy, I really enjoyed painting all of the details that went with it. I can't locate the "planted" right now, but I added more details behind the back fence next to a chain link fence separating the properties.

Jaz - Until you mentioned it, I had forgotten about my adventure raising Muscovy ducks that I sold to a small group of Asian families in the college town near me. They liked them because they could keep them in their apartments until needed for a meal, and since they didn't make noise the neighbors never knew. Besides that, they dressed out a lot heavier than typical ducks. Not sure that I made money or not, but the eggs were delicious and the young males were also.
Uploading photos - I just "drag and drop" them directly into my reply. Dragging a thumbnail results in a full size picture after the forum software reduces it to an acceptable size. You've seen the results.
Tom O - What the heck is a Marilyn Monroe burger? Sounds decadent.
moermusic - Condolences on your losses. Glad that you were able to get the last chance to see dad.
Curt - Good to see you getting "back into the groove".

A side note regarding non-vaxxers - My wife's sister in Tennessee is one of those who just thinks that she is invincible. At age 68, she brags about never having gotten vaccinated for anything, flu, pneumonia, tetanus...etc. She hasn't had her blood pressure checked since the birth of her daughter in 1970, and brags about never having had a mammogram. She doesn't see doctors except for her eyes. While I felt that way for years, I realized about 15 years ago, that while doctors can be a PIA, they are also usually good for us.

Gotta go and make the rest of the grocery list. Everyone have a great day. Please excuse any mistakes here as I haven't had time to proof read this post yet.
The photos were a glitch,back to normal,just did not restart on refresh,restart, weird.
muscovy duck apparently is sold in top restaurants as Barbary duck and costs a fortune, and yes easily a kilo of breast on a male. Very good breeders. And yes they chatter quietly,or pip.

Good Morning!

Moermusic - Sorry to hear about you're father passing; I add my name to the list of folks who are placing in condolences. - Not everyone makes it past the centennial of birth, so I suspect your dad did something right.

The 57F this morning feels refreshing over the 80+ it was yesterday. It's not supposed to be quite so warm today, with a chance of thunder and rain coming later.
My brother will be showing up on his Harley sometime later today for a visit, and will be spending the night. So I don't expect to make it into the shop for a coffee tomorrow morning.

Meet the squirrel from 'ell'.
View attachment 130741
This is the brave little apple thief who comes into the garden everyday to scatter birdseed from out of the feeder and select the choice bits. I believe it's learned the dog is on the wrong side of the fence. I believe it's smarter than the dog, because the dog will try to break through the fence to get to the squirrel. The fence is concrete reinforcing wire.

What the squirrel don't know, is that I know 'Dizak' the squirrel guy. He's a good friend of mine. He catches squirrels in his cage and relocates them.
View attachment 130742
We're going to fix his little Red Squirrel wagon.

He'll be released far away in the forest, where squirrels are supposed to play. If he tries to come back, he'll have to cross two rivers. Such an adventure should make a good Disney movie.

Here's something I never noticed before. I took a close-up of an SD40 cab, and note that the roster number is cracked. That surprised me, as I always thought they were painted on. - Instead, it must be some kind of a decal:
View attachment 130753
I don't notice that cracked look from far away.

Willie - That bagged stuff you are using to make weeds looks like something originally intended for fly-tying purposes. Can you please explain what you have going on there.

Steve - The scenery work you have done looks very nice from the photos. Come the time, I hope I can enjoy doing scenery as much as you.

Jaz avalley - It appears you model in a number of different genre. I'm the same way, modeling in whatever I feel like doing at the time. I do airplanes, armor, figures; and now I'm trying to get into a train layout. I don't have any particular favorite from one to the other; I just do whatever I feel like.

Curt - I like you're approach to building a simple berm. Using cardboard strips seems like it would be cheaper than using a carved foam material.

Thanks for the likes on past posts.

I'm going to go out soon and set the trap for that squirrel; as soon as Dizak gets here. The wife would like to snooze in the garden in peace, with only the sound of birds singing, and not the noise of a squirrel shoveling seed onto the ground.
View attachment 130763

Have a good one!
It is true if it does not move I will likely paint it, it is not only models that are not safe…
31936F93-D095-4A9B-8163-97CD4BD0D890.jpeg

before
after
BC576B91-F2B9-4E57-BD2D-543B5DDDD8DE.jpeg

from an iguana
2874E03C-741F-4259-9BE3-A5ECA494AE1A.jpeg
5F739C00-B84F-454B-8201-384A637BE475.jpeg

47A47FB3-B1DF-487D-9E90-3279B1D55DD2.jpeg

bedroom wall, for my son
entrance hall
39B9EBFE-41B1-4255-B954-D9183E64B4F9.jpeg

not my best,but my first as a birthday present to the other half
715844BE-0A57-4527-B472-D235A7B48E6E.jpeg

my chef in the kitchen
5930F2F0-F3D1-47B8-8AF3-569B3EA9A87B.jpeg

bathroom
A17FE8BE-6F38-46A3-9C12-B8FD0A142B32.jpeg

Cara, she only liked whilst she got to lie in forbidden territory,bedroom, posing, I may not be professional level but I enjoy it and the other half is good with most of our rooms used as a painting

Evening All,

Late to the game because the wife was updating the laptop for several hours. This morning was spent trimming bushes and spraying weeds. I have one more major outdoor job this Saturday with the adult son. After lunch I did a mine test fit then weathered the 3 separate buildings with powders. Previously I applied A&I to it. Tomorrow I'll be at Dad's.

I talked to Phil for a couple of minutes today and he is doing the same as before.

Willie- I really like the building with the outside wood bracing.

Jaz- Nice job on the game pieces. I also foresee a yearly Covid vaccine. Maybe they can combine it with the flu shot.

Terry- Very nice layout shot.

Garry- It was my method for reducing stress and emptying my mind during Mom's illness.

Dakota- Nice looking loco.

Steve- Great progress.

Raboliot- Nice looking boxes. For some reason I thought yo modeled N scale.

Guy- Nice looking garden.

This is a test fit with a Y6b this afternoon. I built a balcony on the right end because there is a doorway and it was supposed to sit on the ground (hill) and on the left end a long set of stairs go from the door to a platform so it will be the last thing added. there are smaller stairs for the platforms under the tipple. This photo is before added powders. There will be bushes added around the conveyor chute. Roofs are removable.

20210805_122114.jpg

I hope everyone has a good night.

Willie - That bagged stuff you are using to make weeds looks like something originally intended for fly-tying purposes. Can you please explain what you have going on there
I try to find someone in this position and snip off a good lock of hair and then dye it various shades of color.
Garden_2021.jpg

No, seriously. I use a product from Woodland Scenics called Field Grass. It is dyed hair although I don't know which mammal it actually comes from

Howdy .

Steve Dakota Love ...... I am admiring the NP Z8. .... I'd love to have one.

Willie ...... Jack's shack looks great.

Curt .... I can relate to what you said about working on the layout receiving stress. I sometimes take "sanity breaks" to work on model railroading to get my mind off of troubling events. The mine looks good.

Guy .... We sometimes use traps like that one to catch chipmunks. We take them to the other side of the lake .

Everybody ..... Have a good night.

Evening, the latest in the grain hoppers are the CSX Family Lines System patchout. I did four different variations of the patch, and 2 of the NYC on the Conrail. All off to get dull coated then 3 of the FLS will go to weathering.

Attachments

• IMG_4387.jpg
    IMG_4387.jpg
    418.2 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_4388.jpg
    IMG_4388.jpg
    384.5 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_4389.jpg
    IMG_4389.jpg
    374.6 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_4390.jpg
    IMG_4390.jpg
    455.4 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_4391.jpg
    IMG_4391.jpg
    423.8 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_4392.jpg
    IMG_4392.jpg
    422.8 KB · Views: 69
Has been an exceptionally clear and fine day day here in S.E. Queensland today. I had reason to go to the P.O. postbox to mail a letter (they are either at Shopping centers or just on certain streets here, no home pickups) just before the Sun went down. Way up high was a Contrail just starting to drift apart into little fluffy bits. By the time I was walking back (a couple of min's) it hadn't spread much. The air up there must have been real still and cold because it stretched from East to West as far as I could see in a dead straight line. A tad wider by the time I got home, but no wiggles in it.

On a model railroading subject, this Ad popped up somehow for some reason on ebay.com.au so hopefully it should show the details of the various pricings, but just in case I'll give them again in $AU. The item price is 135.50, Shipping via International Priority @ 190 and Import charges of approx 35.00. So all up to me of about 311-315.00 for a used Bachmann train set from Bowling Green, Kentucky. Do they use Bowls filled with feathers on that Green?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back