Running Bear's April 2021 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still beautiful and sunny here in Colorado. I'm starting to suffer from Survivors' Guilt after hearing about some of the weather the rest of you are having!

Nice work on the trees!

Mountain Man,

I don’t feel sorry or have Survivors Guilt over weather. I just returned from the Islands of Paradise called Maui in Hawaii. Absolutely gorgeous beautiful consistent weather. I was wondering why more people weren’t there.

TomO

Willie ..... You are doing a great job with your scenery. Do you like usimnhg your Tidy Track ?
I love the Tidy Track wand. As you can see, I broke mine a few years ago though. It still works just fine. Thankfully out in the train shed, my rail doesn't really get dirty. I use it on each section about once every two years, but mainly as a preventive maintenance thing. I had to use it much more often on the old layout. I also occasionally run a track cleaning car from Centerline or Walther's simply because I have them and would feel bad if I didn't use them. I am a strong advocate of constant running on the layout to keep track clean. The Tidy Track wand actually has two different abrasive pads that can be used, I only use the more abrasive one on track that is being recycled from the old layout room.

Just returned from grocery shopping at Walmart and Sprouts. I love the veggies at Sprouts, so fresh and the cream of the crop!

Not like this PA unit!
MKT Parsons shop.jpg

On a different topic, I'm sure most of y'all remember I had to take a couple of sick days on account of getting a pair of teeth extracted.
Imagine my surprise when I got my paycheck, and discovered that, in addition to removing my dental insurance, there is no more company-paid sick leave. We are enjoying record sales and profits, and the owner is continuing to nickel-and-dime the employees out of anything he possibly can. I'm only a couple of years from retirement, so leaving after over a decade, to start somewhere, only to retire two years later, isn't really an option.

On a different topic, I'm sure most of y'all remember I had to take a couple of sick days on account of getting a pair of teeth extracted.
Imagine my surprise when I got my paycheck, and discovered that, in addition to removing my dental insurance, there is no more company-paid sick leave. We are enjoying record sales and profits, and the owner is continuing to nickel-and-dime the employees out of anything he possibly can. I'm only a couple of years from retirement, so leaving after over a decade, to start somewhere, only to retire two years later, isn't really an option.
My Question to you is:
Will there be any retirement there for you, or will he someway find a way to weasel out of that too?

We are enjoying record sales and profits, and the owner is continuing to nickel-and-dime the employees out of anything he possibly can. I'm only a couple of years from retirement, so leaving after over a decade, to start somewhere, only to retire two years later, isn't really an option.

I spent 6 years working for the Grand Union, 13 years working for the RR and 25 years for Local 235. I planned on working until I was 65 but when a 2X4 hit my hardhat on the 50th floor of the building below I though I'm leaving this year. I was 62 and 1/2 at the time. I think it was a great decision. I took my railroad retirement and union pension and have been model railroading ever since.
George

job_4.jpg

Good evening ....

Bob ..... Happy Birthday !

Sherrel ..... The photo of the MKT PA1 is very sad. :( ..... Here is one in new condition.

36679371021_1f812983e7_m.jpg

In my opinion, the MKT PA1's were very attractive, and several years ago I painted three Hobbytown PA1's in MKT colors.

35721342606_9ef0c654a4_b.jpg

George ..... I'm glad you made the "right decision" and are doing model railroading.

Tom - Cambria ...... Nice weathering of CSX 927.

Everybody ..... Good night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back