Running Bear's April 2021 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
So. three days ago, the wife got her second Pfizer jab.

She had a sore arm for two days.

36 hours ago I got my second jab. Six hours later, body aches, head aches, low grade fever. Yay! my shot worked.

Felt good enough to head out for burger with the wife for lunch today. The restaurant was sparsely attended, with extra plexi barriers between the tables, so we felt mostly safe eating out. First jab should have us up to 80%ish immunity.

While sitting there, the cotton fluffies invaded my brain. By the time we got home, the aches were back. I wasn't tired, so I finished up a writing project. from 3pm on today, I've been in the recliner, dozing off and on. Aches, low grade fever and chills and headache have all been cycling through.

It's like bootcamp for my immune system. My body is going to be ready to kick some viral arse! (I hope).

At least that's what I keep telling myself.

Can't believe all my wife got was two days of a sore arm

Troy,

Life is not fair. In your case the weaker body felt it more then the stronger female of the species.

I also got the Pfizer jabs, 1st one, no issues. 2nd one on 4/1/2021, I had a sore arm for a couple days.

I also believe you may not have been so wonderful to the person that jabbed you or that person is a sadist. Let’s go with sadist!

TomO

Good morning from Easter in Wisconsin where thankfully there are no White Gifts from Above on the ground. We will get to the high 70’s this afternoon then back into the high 40’s for Monday and Tuesday per the weather app.

Guy, nice pictures and please stay out of trouble, I’d miss your pictures. How far a walk is it for you?

Troy, you hopefully know my comments about the jab we’re in jest! But, we are the weaker sex!

Heading to the daughter‘s house for brunch.

Spoke to Terry as I do daily on FaceTime but last night she talked about infrastructure. Amazing we are still married 44 years later as our political and business views have become so different. I guess love is blind.

Enjoy your day
TomO
B698D1AE-CA44-4B8A-8EF1-AF3019C1BEDA.jpeg

Good Morning all! Happy Easter to everyone. Sort of a blah day here, rain is in the forecast. The Conductress and I will be delivering Easter baskets to our Great Grandchildren this afternoon.
My second shot (Moderna) just a sore to the touch reaction. Wife is still fighting with an itchy rash on the shot arm.
No news from the train room.

STAY SAFE

LATER

Good Morning Everyone....sunny and mild today with several days of rain in the forecast.

Tom: I agree about the Vodka....I was in a rehab facility last year and like my previous extended stay in a rehab...a real boring event. One thing that brighten my day was on certain days they had a "Happy Hour" in a rec area for the patients. A hostess served up your choice of a cocktail, not too strong, and had snacks for an hour and a half. I broke the rules by having each evening my own "Happy Hour" in my private room with my wife, Cathy. Screwdrivers were the cocktail of choice.

Puppy sitting with Riley today. Cathy is having Easter Bunch with a cousin's wife (husband died several years ago) and left her millions of $$$ and a medium sized company. The woman is bring her daughter who's home from USC due to the Corvid.

Other than watching some videos, my train activity today will be limited.

I had no reaction to either of my two Covid shots.

Yesterday, I cancelled my order for a Scale Trains WC SDL-39 locomotive and replaced it with a SDL-39 Milwaukee Road locomotive. Now I'll have two MILW that I can consist if I want to do so. I also have on order the MILW bandit locomotive form Scale Trains. I've seen a MILW (SOO) bandit still in operation several years ago working the yard in downtown Milwaukee.

SOO Bandit.JPG
One of my SOO Bandits in action.

1548 Actual Loco.jpg
The actually SOO #1548 sitting idle in a yard.

Our Family is so small with so many family members moving out of town or have passed away that our Holiday celebrations are limited to Cathy and myself for the most part. Lobsters are on the menu tonight and we been boiling the lobsters lately instead of baking them and they turn turn out real well.

That's about all for now.

Greg

Morning all. Happy Easter. Second Covid Jab Friday. Sore arm, but nothing else worthy of note. First one had me fatigued for several days, and they say side effects can take a few days to show up. We'll see. I was on the road the week before last. A fellow I was traveling with e-mailed and said he had tested positive for Covid. It had been 9-10 days since I'd been around him, so maybe I dodged the bullet, or maybe having had the first jab saved my bacon. 🤷‍♂️

We've also had two weekends with the granddaughter, and when she visits its all about her, so no modeling gets done! I've gone back to work on O'Neill's. I know someone has to be thinking "In God's name, when will he finish that kit?!" Well, we are on the downhill side of things kids, so take heart! I'm doing porches, stairs and platforms, plus a couple of large awnings. This isn't difficult work but it goes slow as you have to keep things square and plumb. Rickety looking supports spoil the looks of everything pretty quick. Then I have about a bajillion detail castings to paint, and the whole business gets planted on a diorama base, so you'll be hearing about this build for just a bit yet!

Porch support.JPG

Porch Support and Stairs.JPG

Guy, nice pictures and please stay out of trouble, I’d miss your pictures. How far a walk is it for you?
TomO - The CN staging area from my front door is 4.5km, or about 2-1/2 miles in American. It's not all that far, but, I've never been able to solve the riddle as to why it's going uphill both ways. Most of the way, I can walk trails through the forest. I have to cross the McLeod River on the bridge, though, so I hit the highway there.
There's lots of interesting stuff to take photos of along the way. - I also collect photos of tractors as I find them:
Case821E_04-01-2021 (1).jpg

Case821E_04-01-2021.jpg

I collect those photos to help me with color and weathering for when I build the following. I have 4 of these type of white metal models:
GHQ_02-05-2021 (7).jpg

Life is not fair. In your case the weaker body felt it more then the stronger female of the species.
It used to be in the caveman days, that the men carried the clubs. Then one day, someone invented the frying pan, and the world was changed forever.

Good morning still from Wisconsin. My last minute trip fell apart yesterday so I am still home. The sun is shining and our temperatures should get to 59f degrees and possibly into the 60’s. Sunday though should hit 70+.

jaz a, while I am not a fan of the possibly fictional big guy, that picture of yours is out standing. The dogs are beautiful

guy, I will tell you I have absolutely have no issues with the posting of Proto photos as I don’t have access to the real stuff especially getting the close up details you are providing for my modeling purposes. Today’s pictures really hit home for me. Thanks. Boris and other Proto picture posters. Keep posting the current and the old pictures both in color and the b/w if you have those. It doesn’t matter to me as while I model modern, I still can learn from the pictures posted from any era.

besides, this is the diner.

MLB, while I appaul yesterday’s All Star game decision, I understand your stands and decisions. That really is what makes this country (USA) so great. States rights though should mean something but with today’s make up and cancel cultures, who knows anymore.

I will be working on the layout today, but avoiding the workbench.

View attachment 126630
TomO

That's funny! Me, too!

Happy Easter, everybody !

Is a covered hopper a rabbit wearing a hat ?

:rolleyes:

CURT spends most days at his folks home. When I spoke to him today he was there.
Garry passed on your message and told him all here had the family in their prayers. He appreciates all the prayers and kind thoughts.
Wish all a goodnight and pleasant dreams
Phil

Phil ..... Thanks for being a messenger. Must be a rough time for Curt and his family.

Alan ..... Your O'Neill's is looking great.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Happy Easter everyone!
Bacon, eggs and lots of chocolate please Flo !
View attachment 126657
Lindt European...very very tasty
cadburys.....was English bought out a little while ago,personally the yellow yolk makes me feel queasy...which I know is silly,the rest of my family scoff them....
I love Cadbury’s dark chocolate,but for Easter I too am scoffing Lindt balls white chocolate,hazelnut,dark 70 percent chocolate and milk chocolate,I eat one a day, good news lasts 16 days.... bad news is ..one a day......
but regardless happy Easter everyone

so Easter bunny......rabbits....
871F3116-38C6-466C-98F5-C33B3C5E3F8F.jpeg

or as Elmer fudd would say...wabbits. ;D

Last edited:
Slept 16 hours on Sat

Drank a lot of liquids.

Got up at 7a today (sunday) and only had a nagging light headache. Gave in and took an Ibuprofen. Much better today.

Sis-in-law and partner came over for lunch. Burgers on the gas grill, with foil pouches of fingerling potatoes/peppers/onions as well as apples with honey, cinnamon and butter on the kamado.

Tonight, I'll try the first steak on the kamado. Got some pecan wood chunks for a nice smokey reverse sear. And leftover taters and apples from earlier in the day

Wow, when I spoke to the bunny he asked for Milk and Cookies. I told him I thought was for Santa? He said, he was on his route west of Milwaukee and he had a couple orange juices with a nice couple. He had a fuzzy head! Greg, what did you give Mr. Bunny?
E593CF79-3E89-48E6-AB1E-0558A369AD73.jpeg

When I was in rehab a few years ago, we never had happy hour. Sadist hours for the physical therapists but definitely not happy. I would with a PT/trainer/Sadist on my rehabbing from last summers bout with Lyme diease. Usually great people and boy can they hurt your body without trying!

Troy, sounds like great eating today. Glad your are feeling better.

Guy, that’s a good walk and love the tractor pictures. Frying pans and cavemen, sorry, I maybe at 68 getting up there in age but not old till 80, I will believe you on that.

Alan, post away with pictures of your build no matter how long it takes. You are building for your enjoyment.

jaz, I love chocolate but anything that has a filling I will pass on. As a diabetic, chocolate is now a supreme rare treat.

Back of course from the daughter’s and brunch. My nap may have exceeded the 45 minutes scheduled on the IPad alarm. I forgot to press on. 90 minutes of a deep sleep, I feel great

TomO

Last edited:
Well, Good Afternoon Everyone. Just returned from the big city of Dallas, what a bunch of Sunday drivers there were on the road. Traffic was not heavy, but folks were driving three or four abreast at 10 mph below the speed limit on IH35E. I'm a somewhat impatient driver since where I live is far away from anywhere and I like to make good time. I was very good and didn't flip anyone off or honk the horn, but I did give the ugly eye to a couple of folks as I passed them on the right.
I spoke with Chet this morning before leaving home. He is doing well. He wishes everyone well and a Happy Easter. He's been without his computer for over a week, and we all know how much he hates to respond to the forum on the phone. He's not alone! Looks like he has sold his model railroad to the person that he told us about last month, so he will be spending time over the next couple of months preparing for that.
I'm headed out to the train shed for a bit before supper to run some trains and maybe I'll get a few pictures. No modeling intended.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back