Running Bear's April 2020 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have my Lionel ZW-L transformer and Legacy 990 Control System connected and the indicator lights look cool. I have my Lionel Legacy Christmas Zephyr on one track and my Lionel Legacy Chessie/B&O GP9 with my Williams by Bachmann B&O GP9 dummy in tow on the other track. The only problem is the batteries are stone dead in the Legacy Cab-2 hand held remote!
1586959716147.png

1586959616932.png

1586959774612.png

1586959905651.png

1586959989796.png

Time to watch old reruns on the DVR while the batteries charge.

92947137_1217163995326747_121016454526009344_n.jpg

Good morning. The winter weather advisory was wrong (as usual). Got barely enough snow to cover the ground.

Paul
- You can get some interesting photo at the west portal of Bozeman Pass. All that smoke is one way of keeping the bugs down. I also like to take photos at the east portal. Go over the pass every time I head to my model railroad club in Livingston.

Curt
- Those buildings should keep you busy for a while.

Joe - Like the photo of the electric commuter car. Heavy seas never really bother me. One time we had a miserable trip back to Mayport from the Med. Took 5 days because of the heavy seas, 25 foot or more seas. Knocked off all ships work until we hit port. Sleep for 10 hours, take a shower, head to the mess decks for a meal and go back to sleep for another 10 to 12 hours. refueling at sea did get interesting.

Willie
- Good photos again as usual. Can't wait to see how you detail the area.

Might go to the train room sometime today or just see what I can find on YouTube. Bored.

Later

July 15th tax extension deadline... I look at it as an interest free 3 month loan, thank you IRS!

I'm not sure how's that work's for the stimulus money package. I mean everyone who filed early got their stimulus checks deposited in their checking accounts today. If your just now filing you may not get the stimulus money until September?
George

Good Morning, Everyone! A coffee sure does taste good, this early in the morning!
Although, it is still a degree below zero right now, we are to get a heat wave coming through. With a double digit high coming up, I suspect the snow will be melted before next week and I can finally start getting the garden ready for planting. The wife is planning on lots of corn this year, and will begin starting the plants in the house soon. She puts 3 kernels into each TP tube she saves, and transfers them as young plants, into the garden in May.

Sherrel - Your narration of the RV fun times pretty well suggests why I don't want an RV. They are just too much trouble (storage, breakdowns, maintenance); who needs that adding to the pile! The wife and I prefer a fine out-of-the-way motel when we travel, with no headaches.

Willie - I always enjoy you're post's, as I always enjoy all the post's that consist of hobby related material with photos. Well done, on the layout.
I see you have a few sports cars on the layout. Those are very rare around here in 4x4 pickup territory. If someone buys a convertible here, they'll likely own it for one summer before buying something more sensible. Brick buildings are equally rare, with most of downtown built with cinder blocks.

As far as I have heard, there are no reports of any virus infections in my county; but, there is a few in the next county over. Lucky for me, the postwomen is still working, and she delivered a package yesterday. It will be my final package until this plague is over with.
It will keep me busy, though. Inside the box was my new RS3, and another box contained my 148 couplers and a couple of Sylvan vehicle kits. So, now I have lots to do; probably some months worth of modeling with the Tichy car kits thrown into the mix. I do not have to purchase anything more for awhile.

Here is a first day photo of the new Atheran RS3:
CN 3033_04-14-2020 (2).JPG

Taking that photo reminded me that I want to repaint the rock wall, as it is far too green. I never gave it washes and details, because I realized it had to be repainted first. The ballast color stinks, as well. In fact, I might just build another photo diorama all together. It might be better if it were a bit longer and curved, instead of straight-backed.

I'm quite happy I won the lottery today. However, the 2 bucks I won didn't even cover the $10.00 I paid for the ticket, and the store won't redeem the winnings until the crisis is over. Darn, I could have used that $2.00 to help pay for the coffee I'm sucking down in here.

All have a Great Day!
Guy

Good morning, everybody .

This is a our 35th day of stay-at-home social distancing.

Chet, Mikey, B Bob, Terry, Boris, Johnny, and anyone I missed .... Thanks for the comments about my crossing and my TOFC ramp.. Also, thanks to all who "liked".

Willie ..... Your downtown buildings look great. .... I might be able to say my layout is finished now because scenery is everywhere on the layout, but there are many more projects remaining. I need a passenger station this end of the layout, and I did not leave enough room for a larger one which I had envisioned when I planned the layout.

Guy ..... The CN RS3 looks great.

Louis .... It's good to see your Lionel picture and historic photos.

Johnny ..... I suppose it would be hard to plan another train trip this year because of "social distancing" .

Everybody ..... Have a good day.

I'm not sure how's that work's for the stimulus money package. I mean everyone who filed early got their stimulus checks deposited in their checking accounts today. If your just now filing you may not get the stimulus money until September?
George

Only if they don't already have your banking information will it be delayed. They are using older returns (2018) for eligibility and if you have received refunds in the past by direct deposit then the so-called stimulus money, if you qualify, will go in soon to the same account, no matter if you have filed already this year. Not all the direct deposits have been made or gone through -- they said (in some article I read) that it could take a little while for all of them to be processed. In other words, if you expect to qualify, and your neighbor comes over and says he got his today in his bank account, but you didn't, don't panic (yet). It takes a little while to get all those payments made and processed and into the system.

If you do not qualify based on 2018 return, but expect you would qualify based on 2019 or your 2020 income, you will get the money when the qualifying returns are made (either after 2019 is filed or as a credit on your 2020 if that shows you qualify, for example, by losing your job this year and making it under the qualification level).

Good Morning Fellow Model Railroaders.......Sunny and cold in Wisconsin.

Finished the ore cars yesterday and today I'll try to run a string of the finished ore cars. I'm not sure of the actual numbers anymore, but I think I have 16 ore and taconite cars with my road's logo (but not weathered), 16 ore cars weathered over the last several years (plus five ore cars from Logan Valley) and then the 16 cars I just completed. Plus, 12 DM&IR cars on a siding on a siding awaiting coupler conversions and weathering. These are are just rough numbers. Then there's the ore and Taconite cars in their original boxes from Walthers and several limited run ore cars and undecorated cars. Lightly there's 300 in total numbers.

I'm going broke on buying Kadee Whisker #148 couplers.

I would like to run a train on the layout and make a video to post.

Heading down to the trains soon or after lunch.

Garry: Nice work as always. Keep posting the photos.

MikeinHubCity: I forgot to add that we were 80 degrees a week ago!

McLeod: I'll PM you my address so you can sent me that CN RS3.

Montanan: Thanks for the compliments on the ore cars with the new logo's.

Other than talking from a real distance to two of our neighbors for a minute or two and my wife, I have not talked to any other humans since March 15, 2020.

That's about all....

Greg

#######################

Last edited:
If you do not qualify based on 2018 return, but expect you would qualify based on 2019 or your 2020 income, you will get the money when the qualifying returns are made (either after 2019 is filed or as a credit on your 2020 if that shows you qualify, for example, by losing your job this year and making it under the qualification level).

I'm not so sure about the 2018 stuff. My wife and I canceled a 2018 bank account because it had been compromised. So in that case they wouldn't be able to deposit money in a canceled account this year. I'm wondering what would happen in that case? $2,400.00 floating around in cyber space instead of our bank account. I knew we we're getting money back so I send our tax return in the first day you could with a valid bank account.

George

I turned off the charger on my Legacy Command base and replaced the rechargeable batteries with alkaline batteries. I've had the Legacy 990 since 8/27/14 and I have finally used it!

What fun it is! :) I just spent over an hour playing with my trains and it seemed like only a few minutes.

I have 2 locomotives programmed and up and running, what a simple task. Now I have to pull out my other TMCC, Legacy and Vision Line locomotives and get them programmed. I can't wait to see and hear my GG1 and EM1!

I see there are also updates available, but that can wait until I have everything setup.

Next I'm going to have to set up my DCC system, I've had that up and running before. It's a bit more complicated, but almost as much fun. Don't get me wrong, DCC is fun, but Lionel sounds are louder and better. Bigger makes it easier to fit in the bigger stereo speakers. I love it loud! :)

For six months or so, I lived in Shenandoah, PA.

Beady: 'splains a lot about you :oops: Just imagine what catastrophy might happen if the Leafs ever win another Stanley Cup???:eek::eek::eek:

Joe- I’m not the least bit surprised that most Atlas structures seem to be based on 1:1 buildings based in NJ- seeing as how theiy’re(yes, intentionally misspelled to trip up the grammar police) based in Hillside.

Mike, I shouldn't be either, I picked up on their "Middlesex Manufacturing", being part of the Helm Tobacco complex in Helmetta, (Yes, in Middlesex, just outside of Jamesburg), because I passed the complex daily on the SA-31. Gladstone, was a bit out of my way, until I stumbled on it along Hwy 206, coming back from Suffern, NY. Even their Roundhouse kit has a resemblance to the remnants of the LV engine house at Oak Island, Newark, aka 91 Bay. There was a small covered turntable, located at Chimney Rock on the CNJ. [On a private siding].

Southbound through Newark, DE.jpg

Southbound Big Blue on #3 at Newark, DE.

George: Great that you liked the bell. It's a bell ringer circuit connect to the Circuitron detection system and I mounted the sound in basically a cardboard box with a round hole cut into it to allow the sound to escape. The box is under the layout so its hidden from view.

Since this video was made I added another signal to the other side of the road.

Greg

You are correct sir! But If they owed me money I would have already filed :)

Last year I owed, so there wasn't any direct deposit information. This year, I had money coming back, but filed a paper return back in February. The IRS "lost" the return...I just "re-filed" two days ago, then the next day sent in my 1st Q 1040 - ES. They giveth and taketh. Our "stimulus" will be delayed...
BTW, understand the stimulus payment is officially being called a "Rebate", so that the proceeds are not taxable....no actual proof of that, just saying...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back