Running Bear's April 2020 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
B&O GP38 #3830 and SD35 #7418 eastbound by Mexico Tower, Mexico Farms Cumberland Md Oct 12 1975.
1586547463974.png

Good afternoon. Just finished having lunch with the dog. She thinks that anything I eat is partly hers.

Got so bored yesterday that I went out for a ride heading south towards West Yellowstone, and then cut west by Quake Lake and than back north through Ennis and then east along the Madison River back to the house. Gas in down top $1.89. Haven't seen it that cheap in years. The wife ordered an exercise bike from Amazon. Can't believe that I'll be happy to get back to exercising.

Beady - You sure come up with some interesting things to post. Saw this and thought of you.

46123199_2060417624001895_3320061796286464000_n.jpg

Bob - No politic here. Thumb up.gif Like that video. A small articulated locomotive like that would be perfect for my railroad.

Curt - Interesting mask. I haven't even thought about one as I don't go to town very often. The ride I took yesterday was the first time I left home in weeks and contacted no one all day long. A broader radius, The company housing looks good.

Tom - Nice sunset photos. We have good ones here but I think the ones I like best were the ones when I was out to sea.

Ray - You can keep those guys down under. O don't mind snakes, but only one at a time.

Joe - Really like the photo by the waterfall.

Greg - The decals really look good. appl.gif

Lloyd - OUTSTANDING photos. Don't be such a stranger.

Karl - The box car came out beautiful.

Johnny - Nice photos.

Louis - Great shot of the Western Maryland locos.

Willie
- Like the work you did on the fire escapes. Nice.

Here are my train photos for today. Unfortunately I forgot where this happened.

thumbnail_FB_IMG_1586428082162.jpg

thumbnail_FB_IMG_1586428100156.jpg

thumbnail_FB_IMG_1586428122564.jpg

Later

Howdy...

Louis ... It is good seeing you post historic photos again

Chet ... That Soo Line wreck was awful.

I am working on the layout . Here are some grade crossings I am working on.

The first photo shows one I started this morning. I glue wood pieces in place first. The second photo shows one after staining and adding roadway and scenery. It is not yet completed.

49758185921_bbce278522_k.jpg

49757656453_bca16b5474_k.jpg

Last edited:
Good afternoon.
I have a sound decoder that has the motor part damaged, but the sound still works. It was in an HO scale engine, which I no longer have HO.
I removed the decoder, soldered wires to it, and connected it to the track feed on the layout. I gave it a strange road number, and now I can MU it to any consist on the layout. The setup is the decoder and a speaker. I've done some testing, and it seems to work well. While it may not work so good for a larger layout, the one I have that' so small I can reach nearly all of it sitting at the command station works well.
20200410_152714.jpg

Project # 2. TTX Long runner. It's 2 89' flat cars put together by a draw bar to carry 3 57' trailers. Now the second car or "B'' unit is where the tires of the trailer sit. That area is made wider so the wheels have room to move going through switches and curves. I didn't do that but cheated to get it to work without the extra work. I made it so the trailer wheels move when going through curves.

Attachments

• IMG_3286.jpg
    IMG_3286.jpg
    226.8 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_3287.jpg
    IMG_3287.jpg
    247.9 KB · Views: 140
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    250.8 KB · Views: 126
Good evening:

Louis: Nice seeing you posting photos again.

Curt: the cabins are nice. Have you checked out the PRR building kits offered by Micro-Mark?

Chet: Funny cartoon, Ugly wreck photos.

Garry: Nice idea for a curved crossing.

Conrail Coal Train from Benning at Bowie 4-7-1994.jpg

Morgantown Coal train passing through Bowie, MD.

Good evening everyone. 61 and still sunny out there. Only got down to 35 last night.

After spending the day prepping and painting a long entryway and the laundry room (project needed to help get ready to sell this place as we move toward retirement!), MOH and I went out to a local Culver's and brought home fish sandwiches, fries, and a strawberry shake (2 straws)!! Mmmm!!

Sherrel, Wheeler, Tom, Patrick, Chessie, Flip, IronBelt Ken, Chad, McLeod, Willie, BurlingtonBob, Alcomotive, Mikey, Curt, and anyone I may have missed - thanks for the likes and comments on my photos from yesterday.
Willie - The detail!! It will look great when you're finished reworking them.
Garry - Helpful photos of your grade crossings. Thanks.

Everyone: I'm wondering - My LHS is closed because it doesn't qualify as an "essential business." I suppose your LHS is closed too? But isn't a hobby store ESSENTIAL to us model railroaders? What's going on here?! How dare they shut them down and call them non-essential!!

No photos to post tonight. Spent the day painting and too tired to do any train runs tonight.

Have a good evening everyone.

The Front runner was in service in the 80's. A single axle car,that had some problems with some switches I believe and were not liked by railroads. Don't know when they took them out of service.
They were mostly removed from service in 2002-2003. They were prone to derailing, and occasionally completely lifted off the tracks when the slack was taken out of trains too fast. They were too light and many railroads stuck empty trailers on them to keep them on the tracks. SP would not haul them and unloaded and reloaded the trailers on to flatcars. They then sent the empties back to whichever RR sent them to them. Don't know whether this was common elsewhere, but SP suffered from too much deferred track maintenance, at least here in Texas.

Good afternoon. Just finished having lunch with the dog. She thinks that anything I eat is partly hers.

Got so bored yesterday that I went out for a ride heading south towards West Yellowstone, and then cut west by Quake Lake and than back north through Ennis and then east along the Madison River back to the house. Gas in down top $1.89. Haven't seen it that cheap in years. The wife ordered an exercise bike from Amazon. Can't believe that I'll be happy to get back to exercising.

Beady - You sure come up with some interesting things to post. Saw this and thought of you.

View attachment 46337

Bob - No politic here. View attachment 46339 Like that video. A small articulated locomotive like that would be perfect for my railroad.

Curt - Interesting mask. I haven't even thought about one as I don't go to town very often. The ride I took yesterday was the first time I left home in weeks and contacted no one all day long. A broader radius, The company housing looks good.

Tom - Nice sunset photos. We have good ones here but I think the ones I like best were the ones when I was out to sea.

Ray - You can keep those guys down under. O don't mind snakes, but only one at a time.

Joe - Really like the photo by the waterfall.

Greg - The decals really look good. View attachment 46340

Lloyd - OUTSTANDING photos. Don't be such a stranger.

Karl - The box car came out beautiful.

Johnny - Nice photos.

Louis - Great shot of the Western Maryland locos.

Willie - Like the work you did on the fire escapes. Nice.

Here are my train photos for today. Unfortunately I forgot where this happened.

View attachment 46341
View attachment 46342
View attachment 46343

Later
So...#4408 had the anti-climber and #6600 didn't.

Everyone: I'm wondering - My LHS is closed because it doesn't qualify as an "essential business." I suppose your LHS is closed too? But isn't a hobby store ESSENTIAL to us model railroaders? What's going on here?! How dare they shut them down and call them non-essential!!
Johnny, I don't know if you've been following along, but Hobby Lobby tried staying open, and was directly ordered to close by some state Attorneys General.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back