Running Bear's April 2020 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
George and James- I to would love to leave NY when I retire. I think someplace other than NY will make our retirement dollar go farther.

Just the money you would save on taxes and fuel oil would make it a smart move. Not to mention the snow shoveling. Most of my classmates moved to NC after retiring. None of them want to move back. On a past thread about how much more time do you have now that your retired. A lot of people said they have less time. I don't know what's going on there? I wake up looking for things to do. A lot of my friends are not playing golf right now so I have even more spare time.
George

Still working, sitting home is more dangerous to me. If I'm not working I end up on the couch watching TV and thinking about food. Amazon has made several changes to eliminate contact and maintain social distancing. The customers, for the most part are also considerate of my personal safety.

The down side, for Amazon is they have eliminated many of the procedures that were implemented to prevent theft. For example, improperly sorted packages. Amazon no longer inspects our vehicles. It's on us to return these packages and some of my cohorts are not so honorable.

The downside for us is less work for us, the contractors. USPS, UPS and FedEx are picking up more work.

When I work, I push through pain and keep going. Pain is a constant so it's no harm as long as I don't over do it or become fatigued. I've gotten good at keeping a good pace at work.

When I'm home, I lose the motivation to push through. I can only cut the grass so many times.

It's my nature, even in all my years as an athlete I would find an excuse not to practice. But I was always ready and more than willing for extra innings or overtime. Work is like sport to me, I enjoy it.

Nothing to gain or win and I lose my motivation.

I am not sure I have seen Orange Man claim it is a magic bullet. At this stage of the game, there is ONLY anecdotal evidence, and that shows it as more than palliative. We are in this for the long haul.
""It could be based on what I see, it could be a game changer. Very powerful. They're very powerful."

Meanwhile, we have anecdotal evidence for a lot of things: ghosts, ufos, all kinds of alternative medicine, esp, telekinesis, astrology... By all means, do the clinical testing, but don't give anecdotes the same weight as clinical results. For one thing, we're seeing the same kind of "panic acquisition" of these drugs as we did with toilet paper, with the result that those who have an established and demonstrated need for the drugs are denied. That is irresponsible.

Morning all,

Supposed to be clear and sunny today with a high of 82* . It was sunny afternoon and got to 83* yesterday. Currently mostly dark with a few high clouds across the full moon and 55*.

Weather out of the way, I did get about an hour last night to get the control board mounted and started setting up.

Here's my evidence:

20200407_194147.jpg
20200407_194153.jpg

I know it's park bench green (actually Meadow Green) but I couldn't find Pullman Green and I had the spray can already on the shelf in the garage from some other project. The power packs and selector switches are mounted and power packs plugged in. I got a power strip attached to the underside of the bench work. I have to clean the contacts and test the turnout controls before I can mount them. I'll wire the blocks first and then I need to get the wire for the turnouts and get that working. Once that's completed. it's time for modeling.....

I no longer have the personal connection with the distribution centers I once had. Amazon changes people almost as much as we change our clothes. I have seen a drastic reduction in work opportunities as well, I'm just another contractor. Now is not the time to go shake hands and sell myself. So I have been playing with my train stuff more.

I bought a 7' x 9' area rug last year for my Christmas garden in the family room. I took down all the Christmas stuff but left 2 ovals of track on the area rug to set up my Lionel Legacy system. My plan is to setup and test all of Legacy and Vision Line locomotives. I have not made much progress. I feel guilty not working on other household projects on my to do list. No to mention working on the floor is not ideal.

I'm waiting for the sun to light up my dinning room. I have a new chandelier to hang and some out side security lights to wire. I hope to do everything today and only turn off the house power once. I also want to mark my breakers in the fuse box. Why don't people do that when they install the box?

Good morning gang!
Just coffee this morning. Wife is on the phone with stepsons DRs office. He was diagnosed with C-diff a while ago, took his meds, a month later it returned, now 2 weeks after the last round he is exhibiting symptoms again! The last place she wants to go is to a hospital right now, but we will do what we must!
Meanwhile I did get the airbrush out yesterday and laid down the basecoat on 1 brass loco, dropped another in stripper, and got 1 side of the box-o-sticks boxcar completed!
L8ter!

Good morning gang!
Just coffee this morning. Wife is on the phone with stepsons DRs office. He was diagnosed with C-diff a while ago, took his meds, a month later it returned, now 2 weeks after the last round he is exhibiting symptoms again! The last place she wants to go is to a hospital right now, but we will do what we must!
L8ter!
Welcome to my world.
My wife is now on round three of treatment for C-diff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back