Running Bear’s September 2019 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
TRAIN CHASERS‎ - Classic Penn Central
Penn Central Heritage leading NS 222 to Honor the PC Railroad.
1568888702708.png

Good Morning,

Clear and 72 in Doo-Dah, high of 91 expected. Supposed to be cloudy with a possibility of Storms tomorrow through the weekend.

Bruette: I'm feeling much better thanks. Still have drainage making me cough, which still hurts from all the hacking I did over the past couple of days.

I'm supposed to be off tomorrow. We'll see how that goes. I still have to dial in to do some checks to see if I can keep the day off.

Good morning everyone. 69 and clear out there. One more hot day, says the local weather guesser, then rain and cooler temps set in. Looks like a long range cool-down.

Wheeler, Ccoffran, chessie, chet, Chad, Sherrel, Patrick, Willie, Louis, Garry, and anyone I missed - thanks for the likes and comments on my posts yesterday of the train show here in Springfield.
Chet - You're correct - one P&LE door was missing - I have a few freight cars I cannibalize from time to time and thought one of them might do the trick, but their doors are not quite the right color. I plan to go to my LHS and look through his junk boxes.

As I mentioned yesterday, I finished that Old Barn structure before we went on vacation. Here are some photos:
BarnCompleted1.jpg
BarnCompleted2.jpg
BarnCompleted4.jpg

Not quite as "old" as I wanted it to look, but not too bad, eh?

Time for coffee! Have a good day everyone.

Good morning: Flo, just Coffee to start - I will order later!
57* heading to a 79* high - record this date is a 51* low and 98* high.
Johnny: Barn is a keeper - nice work; I would think it would be pretty difficult to make a plastic structure look very old - loose boards and such - you have done it well. Freight cars sometimes have doors that don/t match! You can have a story about an errant forklift driver?
Louis: Nice photos - liked the "FRISOO" - not seen that one before; a great shot of the GG1! Glad you are feeling better.
Garry: Happy to see you posting again; hope you are on the recovery road.
Patrick: Don't forget the "Vicks"! It will help you with the symptoms you have expressed? Smells to high heaven, but it works wonders!

Good Morning All. 71° and mostly cloudy skies. Still have thunderstorms in the forecast for tomorrow morning about the time we leave. Imelda is still staying just barely west of our intended route to Lafayette. Final trip prep is going mostly well. One glitch so far and we noted it earlier in the week. My wife went to Dallas last weekend to see the grandkids and to pick up the beach umbrella that we share with them. Guess what didn't come home? So a small detour in the morning as we pass through North Dallas to pick it up.
Eggs over easy and a handful of bacon this morning Flo.

Thanks for the likes and comments regarding yesterday's scenes; Patrick, Sherrel, Chet, Chad, Justin, Clint, Jerome, Curt, Garry, Louis, Johnny.
OK, one last shot of that small rural town center, this one is the local butcher "Four-Fingered Tony" along with his vegetable shop and meat market.

09-19-19 004.JPG

Out in the train shed, most likely the last time for a while, I did just a bit more on the scenery surrounding the Oakleaf Storage facility. Here's a progress shot.
09-19-19 001.JPG

And close-ups of each side.
09-19-19 002.JPG

09-19-19 003.JPG

I have a handful of trees and bushes to go in along the unkempt ROW behind the place, as well as some scrap lumber to go in alongside the last picture. It will have to wait until I get back.

Terry -I never developed the E Bay habit so I cannot really comment. I have always preferred to have something in my hands before purchasing, although I do realize that many do not have that opportunity any more.
Johnny - Good to see you back home safely. Looks like a very well stocked dealer's table behind your picture.

Wonder if Dave got moved all right? Still very concerned about Greg.
Everybody have a great day, I'll be checking in occasionally over the next ten days.

LOUIS: I meant to say that I sure would like to have one of POLOCK JOHNNYS sausages.
He'd be called a racist in todays world - shame that we have degenerated to such a level.

Willie: I really like the way you have a "mixed" group of buildings - both old and newer ... just like real life.
Oakleaf is a great structure!
Watch out that Dallas traffic. On our trip - we thought we would never get out of Dallas - and we were just on the outskirts?

Spousal Unit has a series (well 2 anyway) appointments this morning and right after noon for prep testing and consultation.
Seems they are moving pretty fast on getting her procedure set up?

Good morning. 48 degrees with an expected high just breaking 60. There is a winter weather advisory out for the higher elevations with a few inches of snow expected above 8,000 feet. Tomorrows high is only forecasted to be in the 50's.

Louis - Great variety of photos. Like the NYC hudsons and the GG-1. Really like the photo of Polock Johnny’s. Really like my sausage. The Frisco loco could use a bath.

Terry - Good cartoon. I thankfully run my MRR purchases through the war department first.

Johnny - The barn came out really good. I have a number of different box car doors in my parts bins.

Sherrel - That is a fine looking Frisco steamer.

Willie -Enjoyed your layout photos as usual. Nice work. Enjoy your trip and be safe. See a lot of rain in the gulf area of Texas.

Here is another before and after pair of photos. The area when my town of Logan is now was just a catch all for years. A great place to stack up kits and other model railroad stuff. Glad that the town area is finally in.

IMAG0701.jpg

thumbnail_IMAG0095.jpg

thumbnail_20190603_110316.jpg

Today is the last day of Thursday afternoon ops for the year. I may have to try at least on Saturday night session so I can program the new F-7A unit. Besides the idea of driving the pass at night and with bad weather, Saturday is a "catch up on sleep" night because we usually don't get back from bowling league on Friday nigh tuntil late. Usuall9 PM is lights out for me.

Later

Willie: Speaking of Arlean forgetting the umbrella - my wife stopped at the grocery a couple of days ago and left her walking stick hanging on the cart. When I went by to see if I could retrieve it - they had three others plus a set of crutches to choose from?

Good morning ..... Coffee and a donut, please.

Louis .... Example of ugly locomotives: Your post of PC EMD's ...... Example of beautiful locomotives: Your post of NYC 4-6-4's.

Johnny .... Your barn looks great.

WIllie ..... I like the Wholesale Meat buying and the Oakleaf building.

Chet ..... I like the before and after pictures of Logan.

Sherrel ...... Did you upgrade to a better waking stick for Alrene at the grocery store ?

Have A nice day, everybody.

Sherrel - We're going to be on the outer toll road traveling against the rush hour flow at 5:45 am; there usually isn't any issues. Daughter with the umbrella is only a ten minute side trip from there.
Which procedure for Kate? Assume that the Bariatric is first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back